Prospect Info: Round 5, Pick 148: Noah Powell, RW, Dubuque (USHL) -> Ohio State (NCAA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I actually like this pick, huge knock is his skating is mediocre at best, but is good in tight, good along the boards and has a decent shot

Reactions: IronMarshal

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
No joke, played against this kid in my mens C league last year. He’s a solid build. He’s 6’0” but pretty solid. Im 6’3” 215 lbs and collided with him and he didnt budge. He lit up my team and got his team disqualified because he snuck in the back lmao (playoff game)

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
So really, if we had taken Buium this would be an A draft instead of an F. Late picks like this one look good.
I wouldn't go that far. The second round pick profile screams of a waste. Now obviously that wouldn't have a huge impact on the grade but it would be concerning because they still haven't learned their lesson to use rounds 2-7 to pick the highest upside possible not bottom 6ers that you can find anywhere for nothing. Of course, that minor issue is nothing compared to the overall cluelessness they've exhibited.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I wouldn't go that far. The second round pick profile screams of a waste. Now obviously that wouldn't have a huge impact on the grade but it would be concerning because they still haven't learned their lesson to use rounds 2-7 to pick the highest upside possible not bottom 6ers that you can find anywhere for nothing. Of course, that minor issue is nothing compared to the overall cluelessness they've exhibited.
Yea agreed. I may be biased bc I followed this draft the most of any before but this draft seemed to have a very good set up for us. A mid to early pick with teams willing to talk to trade up. An extra pick in the first with more assets to move that up. They likely could have ended up with Buium, Eiserman, Hage or some similar level and have added a lot of top 6 talent in one day.

They really needed Catton to fall to them

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012

Unsure if this is a legit question or a bad joke…

I’m pretty sure he is right though. He was at least partially deaf.

Edit: Downie is deaf in his right ear and wears a hearing aid according to wikipedia.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No chance a player with the name Noah Powell is anything other than a boring grinder at the top level.

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad