GDT: Round 2: Game 3 - Fishies @ Avalanche - We Have a Bigger Boat Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Veritas0Aequitas

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
It's cute that you think this way. I look forward to the anger you, and others, will assuredly spew when Tyson Barrie is extended.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not emotionally invested enough to get angry about a decision a sports team makes. But if it helps you get through the day, I'll make a rage post just for you. You'll have to suffer just as much as the next Avs fan if they extend Barrie.

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016
Did you watch tonight's game?

The players that struggled were the big, slugging defensive defensemen in Johnson and Cole. Barrie, Makar and Girard were constantly pushing the play and the pace of the game.

The offensive defensemen are not the issue.

What about in our own zone? That doesn't count?

Forceberg

Mar 9, 2012
No, not wrong. The Boston Bruins finished with 107 points in the regular season; therefore, the Boston Bruins are the best team left in the playoffs.

This is not a difficult concept to comprehend.

Then you have to say the best team from the regular season and not the best team.
Bruins are good, but not the best team. Columbus leads them 2:1.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
No, not wrong. The Boston Bruins finished with 107 points in the regular season; therefore, the Boston Bruins are the best team left in the playoffs.

This is not a difficult concept to comprehend.
True but Columbus had new shiny toys

CaleMakaw

Jul 12, 2018
Play Nemeth as 7D. Cut down EJs minutes he's clearly struggling right now.

Hot take trade EJ. Resign nemeth

OwenNolan

Jul 4, 2016

The players that struggled were the big, slugging defensive defensemen in Johnson and Cole. Barrie, Makar and Girard were constantly pushing the play and the pace of the game.

Also another reason why EJ and Cole shouldn't be skating together. They should be stay at home dmen covering for Makar and Girard.

Cole - Makar
Girard- EJ
Zadorov - Barrie

Reactions: Avspatti13

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Big missed opportunity tonight. Played pretty bad for 2 periods and still had a chance to win. Can't even survive a shift after tying it up - same thing almost happened the other night. Ultimately I think this is the game that loses the series for us. Hope I'm wrong, but forcing OT in a game like that with all the momentum on our side looked promising.

Frustrated Makar didn't get a chance in the last 3 mins when we needed a goal. Also give Jost more ice time, he's earned it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Haven't read what's going on, but not sure how anybody can defend Barrie today. Again one game doesn't make a difference, but the lad is just so inconsistent at the times we really need him to step up. It's not that he can go out there and stat-whack up to 70 points per season, but when the game is at crunch time he tends to be on the mistake portion side of spectrum. He had a great game 2, but definitely seeing that he might not be able to step up his intensity when we're down a goal.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
Alright everyone go to bed. No need for bickering the Avs lost and they made some idiotic decisions to get to that point. Bednar seems pissed and he’ll rip the boys a new one and get back out there with some intensity for next game. The sun will rise again tomorrow the past is the past we can’t change it. Just need to be grateful we’re still watching our boys play hockey in May. We’ll get em’ back in game 4 just gotta believe.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
It is what it is. Get game 4 back and the series is tied. Despite how badly the HF polls had us winning.. this was always going to be a tough series. We're still very much the young underdogs.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Barrie was useless pushing snow off the ice...

Attachments

• E5F740F3-8F69-402B-9BE9-FB586E7CEE2A.gif
    E5F740F3-8F69-402B-9BE9-FB586E7CEE2A.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: Veritas0Aequitas

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Also another reason why EJ and Cole shouldn't be skating together. They should be stay at home dmen covering for Makar and Girard.
I don't disagree with you that maybe they should balance out the pairings, but that, to me, has more to do with Johnson and Cole struggling and less to do with Makar and Girard being smaller.

Veritas0Aequitas

Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
Haven't read what's going on, but not sure how anybody can defend Barrie today. Again one game doesn't make a difference, but the lad is just so inconsistent at the times we really need him to step up. It's not that he can go out there and stat-whack up to 70 points per season, but when the game is at crunch time he tends to be on the mistake portion side of spectrum. He had a great game 2, but definitely seeing that he might not be able to step up his intensity when we're down a goal.

Thank you. I've been getting lambasted left and right for criticizing him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad