WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Canada V4.0 (Final Roster Named)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
The fact that Murphy runs Kitchener's PP and Spott is very familiar with him could lead to two things imo

1. Put Murphy with Hamilton
2. Put Murphy with any random Dman, and let him run the 2nd PP unit

A forward or a defensemen like Harrington/Reinhart will probably play with Murphy on the first powerplay unit and Rielly will be with Murphy on another PP unit. Expect there to be 3 powerplay units, one that's "Murphys", one where Murphy shares it with Rielly or Hamilton, and one that's Rielly-Hamilton.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Methinks Subban made the team based a lot on what he has done with Belleville, and being that Spott coaches in the same league probably played a part.

I have a question for you guys:

I'm assuming that Dougie Hamilton will get a lot of PP time...who is likely to play the other side...Rielly or Murphy?
Considering who the coach is I'd be tempted to put money on Murphy getting more PP time.

Of course I figure if they are fine as a top pairing then keep them together for the PP as well. Create more chance to build up that chemistry and frankly Rielly more than has the skill to handle the job. Wouldn't be a crime to let Murphy handle the 2nd PP unit.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Fair enough, I never watched the scrimmages.. but sounds like not many impressed against U of A and Dumba has been great for the Rebels of late. I'm glad Reinhardt made it.

Not trying to kill the guy but, it would be outrageous if he got picked with the camp he had over other guys. Just my opinion. I haven't seen a single game of Rebels hockey so I'll take your word on that :)

Descendent*

I like run & gun speed/talent on the big ice surface. Remember the Olympic team they sent to Italy? You knew it was going to be a tragedy as soon as the roster was announced.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I like run & gun speed/talent on the big ice surface. Remember the Olympic team they sent to Italy? You knew it was going to be a tragedy as soon as the roster was announced.

Exactly! I think Hockey Canada learned a few lessons with that. That was by far the worst tournament or exhibition of hockey I've seen from any Canadian national team in my life. Embarrassing.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Considering who the coach is I'd be tempted to put money on Murphy getting more PP time.

Of course I figure if they are fine as a top pairing then keep them together for the PP as well. Create more chance to build up that chemistry and frankly Rielly more than has the skill to handle the job. Wouldn't be a crime to let Murphy handle the 2nd PP unit.

My avatar shows you where my bias is. If we were down a goal with 2 minutes left and got a PP these are the 6 men I would want on:

Huberdeau -- Jenner -- Schiefele
Nugent-Hopkins
Hamilton -- Murphy

Descendent*

I feel bad for the Blue Jackets.. Murray injured... they need to hire a witch doctor, change their team name and jerseys... act like it's a new franchise.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Camara - Nuge - Scheifele
Huberdeau - Strome - Ritchie
Danault - Jenner- Lipon
Drouin- Mackinnon - Rattie
Hudon

Rielly - Hamilton
Harrington - Ouelett
Reinhart - Murphy
Wotherspoon

Subban
Paterson

PP

Huberdeau - Nuge - Strome

Rielly - Hamilton

PP2

Drouin - Mackinnon - Scheifele

Murphy - Harrington

PK Forwards: Danault, Lipon, Jenner, Hudon, Camara, Rattie, Scheifele

D: All but Murphy

FredC

Sep 8, 2010

Too many fantasy league for you... quit

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Camara - Nuge - Scheifele
Huberdeau - Strome - Ritchie
Danault - Jenner- Lipon
Drouin- Mackinnon - Rattie
Hudon

Rielly - Hamilton
Harrington - Ouelett
Reinhart - Murphy
Wotherspoon

Subban
Paterson

PP

Huberdeau - Nuge - Strome

Rielly - Hamilton

PP2

Drouin - Mackinnon - Scheifele

Murphy - Harrington

PK Forwards: Danault, Lipon, Jenner, Hudon, Camara, Rattie, Scheifele

D: All but Murphy

I honestly wouldn't want Rielly on the PK against these calibre players. He is definitely a bit below average defensively. Not nearly as bad as Murphy mind you.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Just putting this out there, but if MacKinnon stays back a year in junior. We already have our top 2 C for next year's WJHC ;P MacKinnon and Connor McDavid. YeYe!

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Dumba should of made it over Reinhart. Any one who really sees these 2 (Or just doesn't watch youtube vids or internet opinions) knows who's better. Or sniffs glue.
Dumba played his way off the team with his abysmal camp and Subway Series.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Huberdeau - Nugent-Hopkins - Scheifele
Hudon - Strome - Ritchie
MacKinnon - Jenner - Drouin
Camara - Danault - Rattie
Lipon

Hamilton - Reilly
Harrington - Oullette
Murphy - Whaterspoon
Reinhart

LET'S GO CANADA !

markyj93

Sep 5, 2011
Fair enough, I never watched the scrimmages.. but sounds like not many impressed against U of A and Dumba has been great for the Rebels of late. I'm glad Reinhardt made it.

Yeah he's right and I'm not against Dumba at all. I'm not sure why he looked so lost out there. I felt he was the same way in the super series as well. And then at some points near the end of camp he seemed to push a little too hard to make a big play and he would get burned for it.

Oct 15, 2008
Dumba did not deserve to go. He had a terrible camp. I know the coaches will say it's the 4 plus months before hand that gets evaluated too, but you have to figure with the camp he had..it definitely had something to do with it. He looked lost out there. He got beat numerous times by university kids..come on now. This team is about world class talent not guys getting blown by from some guys playing out their school years.

Using that same logic, Subban got beat clean by University kids (all of whom are much older than the players for team Canada) and had a poor camp so he has no business going to Ufa either.

Wronskian

Mar 15, 2012
Drouin- Mackinnon - Monahan
Shinkaruk - McDavid - Hudon

....pretty good way to start I'd say.

I mean even if Mackinnon is in the NHL (and I'd say he'll be ready) that is one heck of a top 6! Can't wait to see McDavid in this tournament..

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I honestly wouldn't want Rielly on the PK against these calibre players. He is definitely a bit below average defensively. Not nearly as bad as Murphy mind you.

Murphy played surprisingly excellent defense throughout the scrimmages. That had to make the choice to bring him along pretty easy.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I am disappointed that Brossoit was left off the roster, but very excited that Wotherspoon made the team.

No matter how you slice it though, GO CANADA!

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Brossoit got cut? :huh: He was the 2nd best goalie in camp. Seems like Subban only made the team because of his last name.
Or you know the fact that his .932 SV% in Belleville has contributed to them being second in their Conference despite being dead last in the league in goals? Or the fact he was great in the Summer Series and the Subway Series?

People need to get over the fact that he had a bad 30 minutes of hockey. Goalies have bad games. Malcolm Subban is the best Canadian goalie in the last two seasons combined. That is why he made the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad