Roster Speculation: Part XV (aka. Off-season wish list edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
We only have the ammo if it's PK for Ristolainen +.

Has anyone thought of moving Ristolainen in a deal like this? It would improve our defense and offense, but there would still be a lot of work to do on Defense.

I think the '+' would be better spent going after LHD

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
What would we have to include if it's Ristolainen? I mean that's a pretty good get for Montreal.

Risto isn't a good get if you're moving Subban

Risto had a good season and I think you're really fighting it if anyone is arguing he's not a future #1; Subban isn't just a #1 he's 1 of the 5 best D in the league playing on a team that thinks they're a cup contender, you've gotta add to Risto to get Mon. to even think about moving PK then add again to make the value work

Plus I dont believe Montreal ownership lets PK go anywhere, if it comes down to it Bergevin is gone before PK

this sums it up for me
Eric Engels: Two things come to mind with regards to the Canadiens and Subban: “1. How do you win a trade in which you’re moving a 30-min perennial Norris candidate? 2. Would Molson allow it?”

he doesn't appear to be a locker cancer, he's good in the community, he lugs the bread truck every night, and its only bad management and a GM pissed off at PK's contract that has this convo started at all

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Risto isn't a good get if you're moving Subban

Risto had a good season and I think you're really fighting it if anyone is arguing he's not a future #1; Subban isn't just a #1 he's 1 of the 5 best D in the league playing on a team that thinks they're a cup contender, you've gotta add to Risto to get Mon. to even think about moving PK then add again to make the value work

Plus I dont believe Montreal ownership lets PK go anywhere, if it comes down to it Bergevin is gone before PK

this sums it up for me
Eric Engels: Two things come to mind with regards to the Canadiens and Subban: “1. How do you win a trade in which you’re moving a 30-min perennial Norris candidate? 2. Would Molson allow it?â€

he doesn't appear to be a locker cancer, he's good in the community, he lugs the bread truck every night, and its only bad management and a GM pissed off at PK's contract that has this convo started at all

What do you think the Sabres would have to add to Ristolainen then?

I would do Ristolainen + 2016 1st.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I'm pretty sure we sign Chad. I don't trust Lehner yet from an injury prospective and Johnson has shown he can be a top end backup. Sign him. A 2 year deal at whatever he wants (within reason of course) isn't going to hurt us.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I'm pretty sure we sign Chad. I don't trust Lehner yet from an injury prospective and Johnson has shown he can be a top end backup. Sign him. A 2 year deal at whatever he wants (within reason of course) isn't going to hurt us.

Sounds like he wants to be a starter. I could see a team like Calgary or something giving him a chance.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009

I think he wants to be a starter somewhere, but if he does t get a job elsewhere he could resign here.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
Well if we're doing an offseason wish list, here's mine:

1) Sign RFAs
2) Assuming no lotto luck, draft BPA
3) Trade for Nash
4) Sign Campbell. If not, maybe take a look at Goligoski
5) Try to do something with Moulson and/or Ennis

Of course lotto luck changes things.

Edit: I think Campbell stays in Florida. But he'd be my #1 UFA target anyways. Might as well try...

kwickly

Apr 27, 2015
I agree with most posters notion that Campbell seems like somebody who will resign in Florida, but lets say he hits the UFA market, what is a reasonable contract to get him in Buffalo? 2 years 10 million?

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I have a feeling that Pysyk and Girgensons are moved this summer. The most recently drafted "non-Murray" guys" whose values are still somewhat rooted in their draft pedigree. While neither is a finished product, each guy's development this year wavered enough that the possibility of 3rd pairing/bottom 6 players respectively emerged.

Packaged with picks/prospects, we could net a serious upgrade moving them.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I have a feeling that Pysyk and Girgensons are moved this summer. The most recently drafted "non-Murray" guys" whose values are still somewhat rooted in their draft pedigree. While neither is a finished product, each guy's development this year wavered enough that the possibility of 3rd pairing/bottom 6 players respectively emerged.

I'd be cool with moving pysyk+ in a deal for an upgraded LHD. Would rather hang onto girgs unless we were for sure getting a Swiss army knife type player in return. The versatility he brings to the lineup is really valuable. Having one guy who looked decent next to eichel, can play as a member of a shutdown line, pk, and slide to center if needed plugs a lot of potential roster holes.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Who is better?

Jimmy Vesey or Drake Caggiula?

I have a tough time with that due to quality of team. Caggiula - while obviously a big reason why it was so - played on the best line in college hockey... Vesey and Harvard didn't have the year they thought they would.

I can't answer.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Who is better?

Jimmy Vesey or Drake Caggiula?

I have a tough time with that due to quality of team. Caggiula - while obviously a big reason why it was so - played on the best line in college hockey... Vesey and Harvard didn't have the year they thought they would.

I can't answer.

I think Vesey has the advantage of being bigger, first and foremost. That will always be a plus and I'd go with him as having the edge.

That said, I love Caggiula's combativeness and edge, regardless of his linemates.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
I think Vesey has the advantage of being bigger, first and foremost. That will always be a plus and I'd go with him as having the edge.

That said, I love Caggiula's combativeness and edge, regardless of his linemates.

I give Vesey the hire ceiling but Caggiula the higher chances of sticking in the NHL. I think he can play on just about any line.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Wow. Either Tim's blowing a lot of smoke, or he's a lot happier with the defense than most around here are.
I get the impression the organization was much happier with Jake McCabe's rookie season than many of us were.

Anyways with Panarin hitting all of his bonuses Andrew Shaw's time in Chicago went from 99% likely being over to 100%. I don't consider him anything special but some around here do.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010

Agreed. Moreso Pysyk than Girgensons. RHD are highly valued in the league. And if Murray wants a guy who can qb from the back end, my assumption is so that its so Ristolainen doesn't have to do that as much. The kid's averaging 25min per night over 82 games. He shouldn't have to be only pick carrier, and if he isn't even the primary puck mover on his line, that's better for him as well.

Girgensons is a guy I'd rather not move, and I think Murray would feel the same way, but if it was necessary to gain a top tier piece, he'd do it.

Also, past statements about guys fitting with the age group of the "core" makes me think they'll stay away from UFA defensemen. He's going to make a trade for a guy who can fit in long term.

Vatanen is a real possibility in my opinion, I know he's a righty, but scoping out his Anaheim profile seems like a Murray guy, tenacious hard worker who's speed and physicality for a little guy makes him hard to play against.

Also, the fact if we had him that he would likely be playing on his off-hand could be a good thing for a more offensive defenseman like himself, especially one with speed and quick movement.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I'm not sure that's an "or" situation.

He will fetch an unbelievable return if they were stupid enough to move him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad