Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I think at this point there are are like 5 AHL guys I'd rather see in the lineup than Engvall. He doesn't score, he doesn't PK, he doesn't serve a role on the PP. He's just fast.... but we have that elsewhere. Right now I'd definitely rather see Foudy or Gauthier, and I think I could make an argument for Wahlstrom, Karlstrom or Maggio.

And btw, a buyout of Engvall's contract would be 1M a year for 12 seasons... so saves us 2M for the next 7 and then is an extra 1M starting sometime in the 2030s. So you call up someone on a min contract and save 1.2M a year. Not nothing!
The buyout window is closed. Any buyout would have to happen next year, so not sure why you are bringing up a buyout.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Most likely -
Tsyplakov and Maclean will be moved to the AHL in a paper move to fit under the cap to start the season, Then waive Fasching and Cholowski who will clear waivers, then move Sorokin to LTIR, opening space for call ups, Tsyplakov, Maclean, Cholowski (only if Reilly is injured), and Fasching.

Sorokin goes on LTIR
Fasching called up and moved to IR

Isles have 14 F (Foudy and Wahlstrom as 13 and 14th F), 7 D, 2 G with Fasching on IR and Sorokin on LTIR

With regard to Cholowski, the team cannot expose Bolduc to waivers for fear he may be claimed. Cholowski would be the first call-up on D. Is Reilly injured? If so, then Reilly moves to IR and Cholowski comes up as the 8th D man.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Other notes:

- Dobson doesn't look any better defensively so far... he might be who he is at this point

- I think Mayfield looks *much* more mobile than I remember. A rebound season from him would be amazing for the team, and could help keep Dobson's minutes down which feels important for a bunch of reasons.

- Maclean is just flat out good. I would honestly feel comfortable plugging him on any line. He's billed as a defensive 4th liner but he's consistently creating chances with his speed and tenacity on the puck, and he's shown that he's able to score on breakaways. Contract is a steal.

- Neither Foudy or Gauthier has looked out of place to me, and if Sorokin starts on the IR I bet that they both make the team as the 13th and 14th forwards.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
The Isles are not buying out Engvall. My lord.

Again they cannot because the window has closed - if he doesn’t produce this year and he is not moved (very difficult) then next offseason when he has 5 years left - they could look to buy him out 1m for 10 years

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Again they cannot because the window has closed - if he doesn’t produce this year and he is not moved (very difficult) then next offseason when he has 5 years left - they could look to buy him out 1m for 10 years
They are not even buying him out when the window opens.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
PPG aside, Wahlstrom better do something more then skate around and fumble the puck if he wants to secure a spot over Fredrik Karlstrom.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
PPG aside, Wahlstrom better do something more then skate around and fumble the puck if he wants to secure a spot over Fredrik Karlstrom.
I prefer all four of Fasching, Foudy, Gauthier, Karlstrom over Wahlstrom.

I hope we swap Wahlstrom for a pick or prospect who does not require waivers and can bolster Bridgeport’s lineup.

Reactions: miscs75

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

I hope we swap Wahlstrom for a pick or prospect who does not require waivers and can bolster Bridgeport’s lineup.
You’d get basically another teams equivalent in return. Some other failed player who just doesn’t fit in. Ideally moving him for whatever involves no cap hit coming back is the best return.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
You’d get basically another teams equivalent in return. Some other failed player who just doesn’t fit in. Ideally moving him for whatever involves no cap hit coming back is the best return.
Teams would have done that with Foudy. Foudy is Wahlstrom as far as career is concerned. Just waive him and let him fight for a job on his new team.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Teams would have done that with Foudy. Foudy is Wahlstrom as far as career is concerned. Just waive him and let him fight for a job on his new team.
I’m all for waving him. I gave up on him last year before the injury when he just angered Barzal out there each shift standing and not even getting open.

SI

Feb 16, 2013

I am still hopeful he brings back a pick - Dellandrea deal was for a 4th.
If he were to clear, then Isles could possibly get something since the acquiring team could stash him in the AHL.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Most likely -
Tsyplakov and Maclean will be moved to the AHL in a paper move to fit under the cap to start the season, Then waive Fasching and Cholowski who will clear waivers, then move Sorokin to LTIR, opening space for call ups, Tsyplakov, Maclean, Cholowski (only if Reilly is injured), and Fasching.
n.
Tsyplakov is making the NHL roster

Josh Bailey retires

WELCOME BACK JOSH BAILEY (Pierre Engvall)

• Haha
Reactions: Lek

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Most likely -

Sorokin goes on LTIR
Fasching called up and moved to IR

Isles have 14 F (Foudy and Wahlstrom as 13 and 14th F), 7 D, 2 G with Fasching on IR and Sorokin on LTIR

With regard to Cholowski, the team cannot expose Bolduc to waivers for fear he may be claimed. Cholowski would be the first call-up on D. Is Reilly injured? If so, then Reilly moves to IR and Cholowski comes up as the 8th D man.
I’d be careful on exposing Cholowski, the way he’s played, he could get claimed

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Tsyplakov is making the NHL roster

Josh Bailey retires

WELCOME BACK JOSH BAILEY (Pierre Engvall)
It’s a financial thing to get under the cap and roster mgmt. Tsyplakov will be there - the move is clerical so they can establish the cap and then make the changes they need

• If a team is cap compliant on opening day without using LTIR, or uses LTIR at any point during the season, the LTIR Pool is the Cap Hit of the LTIR player less the team’s cap space when the player goes on LTIR. For example, if a player with a $4M Cap Hit goes on LTIR when the team has $100K of Cap Space, the LTIR pool is $3.9M ($4M-$0.1M). Because of this, team’s often make several roster moves right before a player goes on LTIR in order to be as close to the cap as possible, in order to maximize the LTIR Pool
  • If a team cannot be cap compliant on opening day without using LTIR, the LTIR Pool is the amount the team exceeds the Cap. For example, if a team is $3M over the Cap and places a player on LTIR with a $4M Cap Hit for the opening roster submission, the LTIR Pool is the $3M that the team exceeded the cap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad