Roster Building XXI: It Gon' Go Down.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If none of these trades or signings get done today and it ends up a relatively normal draft, whoo boy are we gonna get a meltdown here after all these fun rumors. I almost kinda wanna see that.
I’ve been thinking it’s about 60% that we do nothing but take our pick or trade down. Necas doesn’t have to happen tonight, neither does Jake.

There’s always pre draft hype and we make good click bait this year.

Reactions: Daeavorn and DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
If none of these trades or signings get done today and it ends up a relatively normal draft, whoo boy are we gonna get a meltdown here after all these fun rumors. I almost kinda wanna see that.
drink-drinking.gif

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
but I wonder if it might be too alluring for Guentzel to dip his toes into free agency Monday while still leaving the door open on a Hurricanes return, knowing what’s on the table from them.
Don't get LeBrun's logic here. If Guentzel goes to market, that Carolina offer is gone. We're not going 9x7 to match Vancouver. The entire point of the 8th year is to lower the AAV.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
You are very perceptive NGB. Some of us would love Necas but not at the cost of giving up #4. You can have Laine + Johnson imo or + a couple of prospects.
You are too kind good sir.

Can we please have an order of Provorov or are you sold out?

Reactions: DaveG

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Not sure about Stamkos but I'd go all in on his kid. Not only was I really impressed with his play when I saw him on TV, but him being that young would extend our window for probably 25+ years.

Gotta pass on Hedman's kid; the family probably needs to start saving for college.
How long until Jaeger Burns is eligible? Apparently he smoked Svech and Aho at a cookout.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Looks like I picked the wrong day to go backpacking with no cel reception :laugh: lots to catch up on I see
You really haven’t since not one thing has actually happened yet! Go enjoy yourself and read about it tomorrow, if I wasn’t under the weather I probably would be doing the same thing. My body was so demanding that I pay attention to everything all weekend it made sure I’m too sick to leave the house.

Who gets sick in the summer?!?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
You really haven’t since not one thing has actually happened yet! Go enjoy yourself and read about it tomorrow, if I wasn’t under the weather I probably would be doing the same thing. My body was so demanding that I pay attention to everything all weekend it made sure I’m too sick to leave the house.

Who gets sick in the summer?!?
The guy in the cube next to me who is hacking up a frickin lung for 5 days straight.

Reactions: bleedgreen

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Do we work at the same place?
It can be worse. My workplace too...and I work on a respiratory-care/vent unit, so every time someone sneezes, I have to have my nose pillaged by an unfriendly public-health nurse with a Q-tip per NYDoH under threat of being sent home unpaid (unless I use sick time) for 48 hours quarantine.

It's Friday and I've had 4 COVID tests this week.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
If the Canes successfully get the 4th overall (extremely unlikely), almost certainly the Canes would pick Demidov or Lindstrom if the Hawks and Ducks go for defensemen, as rumored. The Yorke-era amateur scouts may be the least afraid of Russian prospects or the KHL in the entire league.
Hey, I thought you knew this front office. That 4th pick overall will turn into two additional 1st and 2 additional 2nds and a prospect as we do our "trade down" thing. :sarcasm:

But seriously, I could see us trading that 4th with Philly for #12 and an Owen Tippett or maybe #12, Joel Farabee and #32....given the "pick trades" that have already gone down, seems like these high picks return a great deal of assets.

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
8x8 for Guentzel would be so good.
I have a great idea for a t-shirt but I will wait until Jake is a Cane officially.

It can be worse. My workplace too...and I work on a respiratory-care/vent unit, so every time someone sneezes, I have to have my nose pillaged by an unfriendly public-health nurse with a Q-tip per NYDoH under threat of being sent home unpaid (unless I use sick time) for 48 hours quarantine.

I have had zero covid tests since Noah walked off the Ark.

• Wow
Reactions: chaz4hockey

raynman

Jan 20, 2013

We definitely don’t work at the same place. Covid is long forgotten in my office/facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad