Roster Building (& Training Camp) XXIII: Re-signings, Re-considerations, Recriminations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Any chance for Honka or Heimosalmi to make the final roster or get some NHL games at all this year?

Please, spare me those sarcastic answers like "HisIceness" like to write. I'm sure she or he entertains herself but not that many others.

TheBigLetowski

Jul 31, 2016
KK is in year 7? Of his NHL career. I love the kid, but he just doesn't have anything past 3C ceiling. Were the Canes hoping he'd take Vinny's spot (yes) will we settle for taking Staal's spot in a couple years? (If he makes it that long) I am one who gets most of my news on the twitter/X and I come across the KK apologists daily. They'd rather blame the coaches, line mates, TOI over the actual player. He underlying stats show some decent results, but we have to put some blame on the player and not everyone else around him.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Any chance for Honka or Heimosalmi to make the final roster or get some NHL games at all this year?

Please, spare me those sarcastic answers like "HisIceness" like to write. I'm sure she or he entertains herself but not that many others.
probably playing to be the top call-up for that side of the D at this point with Morrow. Stillman will likely be the top option on the other side if not just flat out the #7.

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

I think it was extremely generous of Dave to give you a straight answer after you just abused one of our own for no evident reason.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
probably playing to be the top call-up for that side of the D at this point with Morrow. Stillman will likely be the top option on the other side if not just flat out the #7.
For '24-'25, it's probably best for both H's to play a full year in Chicago.

What comes next is the question.

Canes have 4 defensemen signed for 3 years or more (Slavin-8, Ghost-3, Walker-5, Chatty-3) with a 5th, Nikishin, almost a certainty too. Plus, we can't forget about Morrow.

So, unless they move one or more of Ghost-Walker-Chatty it sure seems that the path to the NHL for H's, Nystrom, Forsmark, Fransen, Badinka, & a bunch of Russian prospects etc. are blocked for quite some time.

Of course, some of them may never be NHL ready & others may be moved for other assets. As well, Canes may feel that the bunch of them are 3+ years away thus setting up perfect timing when the trio of Canes Dmen contracts expire.

Regardless, the Canes have stacked the pipeline with prospects that could be NHL players. It's going to be quite a challenge for them in working through this positive dilemma.

edit: I left out Fransen first cut.
edit2: our pipeline suggests to me that Orlov and Burns Canes shelf life is limited beyond this year.

Last edited:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I mean, I'm also kind of insulted. HisIceness is sarcastic, sure, but I wouldn't even put him in the top ten around here. What am I, chopped liver?

I mean TBH I actually respect the audacity of it.

I'm guessing HisIceness asked him to follow the board rule about his fantasy team and he didn't like being called out like that.

I'm more surprised that you all are arguing about some dude who posted his fantasy questions in the local attractions thread.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I suspect we all have our favorite web sites for rosters, cap hits, etc. but I find eliteprospects.com has the best team compilation out there (parent club, pipeline, numbers, etc):

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

I think Honka will 100% make the roster and there’s a great chance he’ll be paired with Slavin based on playstyle

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
This is big “I’m rude to workers in the service industry” energy.

"I know you're stuck here for 8 hours or more dealing with people like me, but I want to leave this depressing experience they call your workplace as soon as possible, so I'm going to make sure I am the most important thing you're dealing with right now."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad