Speculation: Roster Building Thread VII (2019/2020)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Panarin Zibs Kakko/Buch
Kreider Howden Strome
Lemiuex Lias Buch/Kakko

Kakko adds even more lethality to the top line. +puck possesion =passing/playmaking +shooting +board play
Strome is meh at center, even more so as a top6 center. This line is suspect but it could be worth a shot, until Chytil decides to show up. Howden struggles with possession, Kreider could help that.
I loved Buchs game when he played with Lias last year. He turned into something else.

That's how I'd roll moving forward... doesn't mean it'll happen.

More realistically it'd be

Panarin Zibs Buch
Kreider Howden Kakko
Lemieux Lias Strome

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I would expect the typical Hayes/Stastny type of return.

He's not playing a premium position such as center, but he's also potentially more dangerous if you unlock what he can bring.

A first round pick and a second tier young player/prospect would be the suspected market price.

Fully what I'm expecting as well, but you know Kreider is going to get linked to a contender and then Uncle Larry will speculate on the blue-chipper or young NHL player that absolutely has to be a part of the deal. Then this board with cling to that name for dear life until the inevitable disappointment minutes before the deadline goes into effect.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
what about Colorado? Carolina?

Our defense is not playoff caliber. It's a blend of personnel and system IMO. Hopefully it gets resolved next season. -Staal -Ruff is a good start

I know its a extremely small sample size but our special teams seemed to have improved greatly.

I'd take Landeskog-MacKinnon-Ratanen over Panarin-Zibby-Buch. Plus they have a 2C in Kadri. And Cale Makar. And Bowen Byram in their system.

Agreed. I still do maintain that there is the possibility of Buchnevich being the one moved and Kreider signed.

Buch is younger and is probably breaking out whereas Kreider's speed game will have him on the decline soon. This would be a dumb idea. Almost as bad as keeping Girardi(or was it Boyle) instead of Stralman.

Kreider to Tampa for their first and someone like Taylor Raddysh or Mitchell Stephens

I thought they were super high on Raddysh.

I’m saving big money on a center acquisition until the summer of 2022. Development or stopgaps until then. Would look to trade non first round picks and depth defenseman for a decent middle C at some point before then.

2022 UFA centers:

Barkov
Hertl
Giroux
Hertl
Trochek
Couturier
Rakell

Zibanejad...

No way Barkov or Trocheck make it out of Florida. Barkov playing alongside fellow Finn Kakko would be awesome though.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Fully what I'm expecting as well, but you know Kreider is going to get linked to a contender and then Uncle Larry will speculate on the blue-chipper or young NHL player that absolutely has to be a part of the deal. Then this board with cling to that name for dear life until the inevitable disappointment minutes before the deadline goes into effect.

I'm hoping we can at least package the late first and prospect we get with our first to move into the top 10 in the event we fall out of it. Tim stützle or Anton Lindell needs to be a Ranger.

Reactions: Cag29

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
I thought Howden was horrible in both games, Smith as well. Chytil has a motor and is far better on the wall and much more creative with the puck. I know he had a Shit pre-season but damn let him work it out with Kakko and Kreider. Strome looks lost and better on the Wing.

Get Chytil out of hell

Panarin-Zib-Buch
Kreider-Chytil-Kakko
Lemmy-Lias-Strome
Kegg/Smith-Howden-Fast

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Well, hopefully this is the last of this type of deal for a long while.

Reactions: Cag29

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'm hoping we can at least package the late first and prospect we get with our first to move into the top 10 in the event we fall out of it. Tim stützle or Anton Lindell needs to be a Ranger.

It's possible if there's a willing partner, but usually teams at the top end of the draft don't like to move. Still, we know the Rangers tried to get back into the top-10 to get Zegras in June. So I expect the aggressiveness to continue when an opportunity presents itself.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I thought Howden was horrible in both games, Smith as well. Chytil has a motor and is far better on the wall and much more creative with the puck. I know he had a **** pre-season but damn let him work it out with Kakko and Kreider. Strome looks lost and better on the Wing.

Get Chytil out of hell

Panarin-Zib-Buch
Kreider-Chytil-Kakko
Lemmy-Lias-Strome
Kegg/Smith-Howden-Fast

I suggest listening to the Podcast with Vince:

Vince Mercogliano of USA Today coming on our podcast to talk Rangers!

He talks about Chytil and how the organization doesn't trust him defensively. That's why he is in Hartford, so he can learn to play away from the puck. Andersson and Howden are both trusted in that regard.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Reactions: Leetch3

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
93373D41-56C6-4061-A185-458E66BE608A.jpeg

Just found at thrift store in the Bronx. Mint. How funny is this.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We have McKegg and Haley on the roster. They probably don’t even wanna call anyone up, they just had a chance to move his cap hit.
Have no problem with the cap dump. I’m all for it. Just in Detroit for business and hadn’t seen myself yet either way

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Still have to be able to play without the puck as a winger, and Lias isn't ready offensively to be 2C. These kids are only 20. There's no rush.
I mean Chytil to center is an experiment that needs to end.
Also I would kind of push back that Lias isn’t ready to be a 2C. I think he would put up more offense with better line mates.

Reactions: Rongomania

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Is there a reason we can't shift Kravstov to C? His game is well suited for it. He is a Kuznetsov clone imo.

And Lias doesn't have the upside to be a 2C. Hopefully he can be a decent two way #C who scores 20 or so dirty goals.

NoQuitInNewMexico

it's okay cause it's all just the way it should be
Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
There was an ad during the 2014 playoffs for Sports Authority or Modells or one of those that showed Carcillo shirtseys. I went and they said they were sold out.

Reactions: Rongomania

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is there a reason we can't shift Kravstov to C? His game is well suited for it. He is a Kuznetsov clone imo.

And Lias doesn't have the upside to be a 2C. Hopefully he can be a decent two way #C who scores 20 or so dirty goals.
Don’t have a problem with trying Kravtsov there at all. But he has to stay in the ice first.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

How much of Kravtsov have you watched over the last 2 seasons?

With Names gone can we try Kravstov at 2C and try to trade Strome for something similar?

Hahahaha. No, please. Can we stop with this? Kravtsov isn't a center. Some games playing center for junior teams doesn't make him a center

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Flame-warning, but I can’t help myself. I was just watching the end of the Buffalo-CBJ.

How come Jack Eichel isn’t called out more than he is? This is by far the biggest slacker I’ve seen in the NHL since I don’t know when, Yashins worst days maybe. Lol

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Dvorak, Crouse and 1st to NYR for Kreider and Fast?? Kreider reunited with Stepan. Rangers get a future center and another gritty winger good along the boards and future talent.

Or Dvorak for Fast?? If you wanna save Kreider but it might lower his trade value if he has a garbage year.
Kreider has a modified no trade clause. If Arizona was on his list of acceptable teams, he would have been there by now.

BTW...I like Dvorak. Better player than his stats indicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad