Roster Building Thread - Part XII(Training Camp/Preseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Vesey and Carrick will be on the team since they PK, read the tweet today, no one else is getting time on the PK. Smith and Carrick are the new PK additions.
but kinda what I'm saying...someone like Edstrom doesn't PK until he does. You have to develop those players and not just stuff them in the AHL because "well they don't do this thing this shitty vet does". It's circular logic where "we can't play them because they don't PK but they don't PK because we don't play them"

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
This makes me feel older than I am at 37… but not sure many more things annoy me than numbering lines. God forbid they spend $8 a month to use a platform they’re on all day, to have way to write out a real message. [/rant] 😂

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
So, if we put Lindgren on IR, we are allowed to replace him on the roster, meaning we can carry 8 D. However, that doesn't help cap wise. Do we have the cap room to carry our top 5, the injured Lindgren and Mancini and Chad as a press box sitter?

I think they can if they retroactively LTIR him.

Someone else more cap savvy can chime in here.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
but kinda what I'm saying...someone like Edstrom doesn't PK until he does. You have to develop those players and not just stuff them in the AHL because "well they don't do this thing this shitty vet does". It's circular logic where "we can't play them because they don't PK but they don't PK because we don't play them"
Carrick will be this years Bonino. Drury has to have 1-2 of these guys on the team every year

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Did you magically trade Trouba again?

@Amazing Kreiderman can you tell me how much center Edstrom has played? He was drafted at C but I get the sense that he is mostly a wing down in Hartford. Was that the case in the SEL too?

Edström last played center in juniors, prior to his draft in 2019. Once he cracked the SHL team (Which was unexpected at the time) he played mostly wing.

Reactions: n8

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Vesey and Carrick will be on the team since they PK, read the tweet today, no one else is getting time on the PK. Smith and Carrick are the new PK additions.
The tweet needs to bend, buckle and break in capitulation to the fact that bern may be wrong from time to time, but he is not on this, the eye test confirms RempEd are better and can do PK and Vesey show be jettisoned w/Carrick on standby

Won't be first time Rs mgmt making a mistake by not listening to bern

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Nice thoughts. 1000% unrealistic. You're gonna need another injury to pull off that Roberston scenario. The off chance is if the Rangers really want to carry 7D all the time. Again, unlikely given the cap juggling we always do. Why incur cap when you can have your waiver exempt player in HFD?
You want to play your best lineup as much as possible mindful that is subordinate to maxing your window [not nec immediate win now of the current season].
In a vacuum Robertson still getting there. For whatev reason, he has chem w/Maincini USE THAT

Juggle Trouba as I said
If that is too much gymnastics, then let him sit and fuggin get the message.
Maybe he will move sooner than later

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
According to puck pedia Robertson has a lower body injury. My assumption is that happened some time in the first half of the second period of the Rangers first preseason game vs. Boston. However serious this injury is---if he doesn't play again in preseason his chances of making the Rangers when he's ready for action again are pretty much shot. He's not going to win a job on the 8 minutes of ice time he played that night. He'll go to Hartford just to get some game action.

Odds were kind of against him to begin with.

.....and barring injury figure on Trouba to be a regular in our lineup. If you're seriously hoping otherwise you're deluding yourself. I don't think the player is stupid though. I think he fully realizes that this is his 'last crack' in New York and I think that happens even if we somehow manage to win the Cup and if the Rangers can't find someone to move him to they'll buy his last year out which may be preferable if we have to more than less pay someone to take him.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
According to puck pedia Robertson has a lower body injury. My assumption is that happened some time in the first half of the second period of the Rangers first preseason game vs. Boston. However serious this injury is---if he doesn't play again in preseason his chances of making the Rangers when he's ready for action again are pretty much shot. He's not going to win a job on the 8 minutes of ice time he played that night. He'll go to Hartford just to get some game action.

.....and barring injury figure on Trouba to be a regular in our lineup. If you're seriously hoping otherwise you're deluding yourself. I don't think the player is stupid though. I think he fully realizes that this is his 'last crack' in New York and I think that happens even if we somehow manage to win the Cup and if the Rangers can't find someone to move him to they'll buy his last year out which may be preferable if we have to more than less pay someone to take him.
I mean Trouba has already said it’s this cores last shot.
He’s gone unless he somehow has a career renaissance, but even then we still flip him for a younger player, we just get more back.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
There’s no retroactive ltir.
He’ll just start the season on it.
Only downside will be we won’t accrue cap.
Only if we are spending over the cap via LTIR. As long as we are under the cap, we will still accrue.

According to Puckpedia, we have 623k in cap space with a 23-man roster (including Lindgren). My guess is that we'll start the season with 13 forwards and 8 dmen so we have 1 spare for each. That more than anything may be why one of Edstrom or Rempe isn't on the roster day 1.

It might behoove us to carry 13 and 7 once Lindgren is healthy, but seeing how Drury has spent his deadline cap space in the past, giving him more to work with might not be a great idea.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

well if there is an injury, that changes things

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
You want to play your best lineup as much as possible mindful that is subordinate to maxing your window [not nec immediate win now of the current season].
In a vacuum Robertson still getting there. For whatev reason, he has chem w/Maincini USE THAT

Juggle Trouba as I said
If that is too much gymnastics, then let him sit and fuggin get the message.
Maybe he will move sooner than later
I think Bern is an alien. He's not making sense and talking about hockey in space :laugh:
I don't really disagree. I just don't believe any of that will actually happen.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
3 guys on waivers as they head to Hartford, Ben H, Jake and Brezile.
Many teams waiving borderline players today to beat the rush.

I mean Trouba has already said it’s this cores last shot.
He’s gone unless he somehow has a career renaissance, but even then we still flip him for a younger player, we just get more back.
Confirmed…It’s Trouba’s last shot.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
If he was a rookie, I think he would understand and accept the demotion, but having already played 4 years against men in the SHL, it's a harder sell. My point is that he provides something that this team sorely needs (size, speed, physicality) on the 4th line.

Based on training camp so far and from last season, I would waive Brodzinski (he would clear) and rotate Carrick, Rempe, Edstrom & Vesey.
Don’t be so sure Brodzinski would clear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad