Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
If you look at cap allocation though:

Fox - $9.5m
Roy - $5.8m
Schneider - $2m

That's not a bad allocation of cap space

Walker I think can. I believe Roy has strictly played RD. I believe Tanev can play both sides as well
For me I am looking at the long game.
Just an opinion but I believe this upcoming season will be a very weak Eastern Conference.
Drury could take a chance my shedding salary and the team should still make the playoffs and compete.
Next season the UFA market has a chance to be a once in a decade opportunity. Which could be a double bonus. If Drury does shed salary now, then he would be cap fat come trade deadline day with a chance of a surplus of teams that will be looking to move expiring UFA contracts.
Of course nothing is guaranteed.

Reactions: McRanger92

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Debates me
Because Lindgren is just being used on the top pair where he shouldn't be? He would be fine playing on the 2nd or 3rd pair, with less minutes, and easier competition.

Lindgren was also fine playing with Fox for years. Yes he had a down year, which is why now he should play down the lineup.

Odd how some people are so against him.
He was never “good” with Fox

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
I completely get people defending Mika. I understand why people defend Kakko.
I have no idea why people defend Lindgren.
When Lindgren fails playing bottom pair minutes feel free to complain about him.

You're judging him playing as a #2 d-man. A role he clearly is not suited for.

If his cap hit is reasonable, and they separate him and Fox, I'm fine keeping Lindgren.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Emily reporting Drury recently met with Trouba to discuss his future
ONE TEAM THAT could make big waves this offseason is the New York Rangers. I have been told they've had conversations with other teams on Kaapo Kakko. While New York was unwilling to part with the former No. 2 pick in the past, including this past traded deadline, it sounds like both sides would welcome a change of scenery now. He just signed a one-year deal for $2.4 million, which is cost certainty.

There are more stories bubbling about the Rangers, ranging from exploring a Jacob Trouba trade to a possible reunion with Patrick Kane. I heard GM Chris Drury met with Trouba, whose no-move clause becomes a 15-team no-trade list on July 1, recently to discuss his future. A trade is hardly guaranteed, but the team is exploring options.

I'm told that Drury is telling people around the league he's looking to clear cap space.

Ultimately I think the team would like to focus on acquiring younger players, but I do get the sense a lot is on the table right now.

Kaplan's offseason buzz: Latest on Steven Stamkos, Jake Guentzel and more around the NHL

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If this team signs Kane.... they haven't learned anything from watching the past playoffs failures. I may not even watch

Dump Trouba

I wouldn't mind Lindgren as a 3LD with a PMD at 3-RD. That's just not gonna happen. He handicaps the top4 greatly. Time to move on.

Get bigger and faster. It's not rocket science. Get tougher to play against. Hard on the forecheck. Does not handle the puck like a grenade...

IF THEY DO NOT FIT THAT CRITERIA, DO NOT ACQUIRE THEM.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
8vb2yu.jpg

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I'm
It was an extremely weak reaction for a mentally weak and cowardly team. Two handing Wilson in the face five times was warranted and they instead waited for a soulless Brendan Smith fight where he lost.

That group was a massive failure at the most basic level. I woulda nuked the whole squad and started over.
I hated it prior to that incident and I will always point to Ryan Strome bc he was the one person that for years would publicly push back against coaches whenever the coaches called out the players in the media. Rather than take it as a challenge and acknowledge the faults and need for adjustments, Strome kept self-appointing himself as spokes person and just enabling his teammates to act selfishly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad