Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIV: Less than 24 hours till draft time

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I think they're going to go after Wennberg after hes bought out.

I don't hate it. Not that I'd expect him to be a top 6 guy, but I do think that he can revive his game here to the point where hes useful.

Yeah he's a guy I'm keeping an eye on. Better player than he's shown the last few years. Seems to be out of place in Torts' system and a good candidate for a change of scenery.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Is it me or does Micheletti not look well?
He looks fine. He growing a turkey neck but he looks healthy imo.

Joes 65! He was 51 when he joined MSG. Father f***ing time.

I don’t like how fast times speeding up. I’m 40 now. Last week, I was 19 and rolling balls at the sound factory in NYC. That was last week. I’ve aged 21 years in a week.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We need a shooter to play with Panarin, or one that excels in the 2way game/board play.

No to Wennberg.

I'd honestly rather have Chytil or even Howden play with Panarin.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Why do I feel all of our ITKs have been silenced?

It's def the work of the Deep Skate!
9ac088a6f9beffad98019930b776c345.jpg

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I think one thing people miss on monahan is that he has a lot of miles on that body already. I think it was last summer he required surgery on four separate areas of his body. He takes a beating at times, buyer should be aware of this.

Last edited:

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Why do I feel all of our ITKs have been silenced?

It's def the work of the Deep Skate!
Lol they’re probably sick of seeing 782 @ notifications every hour they take a peek on this forum.

There are teams that need to make moves, like Tampa. And then there are teams that don’t, like us.

It’s Sales 101. First person who talks or reacts, loses. These teams that need to make moves need to come to us. It’ll either be closer to our terms, or they can go kick f***ing rocks.

Shoes on the other foot for a change and it feels good.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
100% agree. And, at the end of the day all you need is that 1 team.

ADA has been a good NYR though. I know some ppl judge him because of this or that, but as a “problem child”, he’s been a fine player for us.

He didn’t bitch when he was benched and scratched. He’s been, by all indication, a good teammate who’s loved by his teammates. He’s made us proud by dropping the gloves against bigger opponents to redeem his peers. And most importantly, he’s produced. And not just this year. ADA’s potential and production started taking off the previous year. And he built on that quite a bit.

I’m confident GM’s are aware of these facts too. Or sucks that he’s not LH. Or that we’ve become strong at RD in the blink of an eye. He’s really grown on me and exceeded expectations.

Yeah I think he's managed to buck a bit of his reputation since he came to the Rangers. Still a big personality and of course he has his opinions on politics but he's a far cry from the petulant child he was in junior. He earned his way into the spot he has and under normal circumstances he'd be a shoe-in for a long-term extension and would likely be a core piece going forward.

He's certainly not a guy you want out there defending the best guys in the league but there are clearly a number of teams around the league who have difficulty generating offense from the back end. If you've got a steady presence on the 2nd pairing to match him up with then he probably has a lot of value.

Reactions: Kupo

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I imagine when most writers and our insiders go silent it is for 1 of 2 reasons:

1. A deal is very, very close and the people in the organization that are sources go almost entirely silent, and what they do let out they tell the writers and our guys that this stuff isn't to be repeated right now. It is important to stay tight lipped and not risk rocking the boat prematurely when something is right on the cusp.

or

2. There is a lot of fog because of teams backing out of deals or being wishy-washy on deals that were/are very, very close. If the Rangers were using a deal as leverage against another offering team, then you wouldn't want the wrong stuff spreading out and losing that leverage. Furthermore, the writers and our guys don't want to put out stuff premature if it is close but very grey because of teams being indecisive.

In both cases, as we kinda already knew, something is right on the doorstep.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Rangeri

Sep 29, 2020
Lapland
I could totally see a scenario where Wennberg comes to Rangers with a prove me contract, and Panarin makes him Strome 2.0.

Or maybe Lafreniere does it this time? :naughty:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
We need a shooter to play with Panarin, or one that excels in the 2way game/board play.

No to Wennberg.

I'd honestly rather have Chytil or even Howden play with Panarin.

So let Panarin play with Zibanejad and put Wennberg with Krieder and Kakko. Not written in stone that Zib and Kreider have to skate together.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Is it possible that Gorton is having trouble trying to trade ADA and/or Strome because the team acquiring them would still have to come to terms on a long term deal to make it worth their while to make the deal. If they don't want to sign with whatever team is trying to trade for them, their value comes way down. They may decide to just play the year and hit UFA next season. Just my thoughts that I haven't seen in the 40 bazillion roster threads you guys got going on

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
So let Panarin play with Zibanejad and put Wennberg with Krieder and Kakko. Not written in stone that Zib and Kreider have to skate together.
I'm set on my Kreider Chytil Gauthier line. overwhelming size and speed

I know I'm going to get tomatos thrown at me but I wouldn't mind a Panarin Howden Kakko line

That leaves Lafreniere Zibanejad Buch/Kravtsov/RW Acquisiton like Tuch

Reactions: TominNC

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

I know I'm going to get tomatos thrown at me but I wouldn't mind a Panarin Howden Kakko line

If the team deals Strome and doesn't land a replacement, I would imagine we'll see a lot of experimenting.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I’m not. Bettman is who I can’t stand.
Well I was never a big fan of Bettman but after a 15 minute conversation, my opinion changed completely. He couldn’t have been nicer, showed a lot of interest in my (modest) connections to the sport and gave me some real insight on his job. Early on, there was a knock that he didn’t like hockey all that much but his knowledge of the game and ability to enjoy so many different aspects of the sport were very impressive. When the Rangers do win The Stanley Cup again, I won’t be one of the people who boo him.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

None of those guys are great distributors. Need a guy like Laf or Panarin who can carry the puck and get it to the other guys in scoring areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad