Speculation: Roster Building Thread LXIV: Less than 24 hours till draft time

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Edge and BBKers have been pretty quiet since earlier in the day. I totally get it, they have lives, but I also think they live for these events on the calendar putting even more focus in. Could be they are silent right now because theres some work being put in by management. Or its nothing at all.

Either way I have enjoyed the info they have shared.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Wouldnt be good value for the Rangers. I doubt Strome and ADA go in the same trade, but for giggles. ADA, Strome and #22 for Monahan, Hanafin and #19.

think you guys are overrating Strome and ADAs value to be honest. Monahan’s 25 and just had 82 points the year before this.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Edge and BBKers have been pretty quiet since earlier in the day. I totally get it, they have lives, but I also think they live for these events on the calendar putting even more focus in. Could be they are silent right now because theres some work being put in by management. Or its nothing at all.

Either way I have enjoyed the info they have shared.

BBKers is probably passed out on a park bench somewhere.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
A lot of work goes into every trade. Probably 1 of 100 conversations ever amount to anything, so there's that.

Remember sometimes we overvalue our players a little bit here too. TDA has potential, but how is he viewed by the rest of the league?

Rangers historically usually have to pay $1 on $.50 so there is that aspect as well.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'm sure there are teams that see a lot of value in ADA and others who wouldn't touch him no matter how cheap he came. Seems like the Rangers have found at least a couple of teams that are on the more positive end of that spectrum. Hopefully we get good value and can address a need or two.

The market seems to be a bit light on centers at the moment so I would expect somewhat of a premium to be paid there.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I’m not. Bettman is who I can’t stand.
He has a very punchable face for sure. And he’s weird. He does this head-twitch thing which creeps me out, but I’m probably an asshole for saying that because it’s probably involuntary.

Despite my dislike for him personally, I think he’s done a quality job growing the NHL, and for that, I respect him as our commissioner.

I kind of feel dirty for saying this, but I think he really has the leagues best interest in his heart.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He has a very punchable face for sure. And he’s weird. He does this head-twitch thing which creeps me out, but I’m probably an asshole for saying that because it’s probably involuntary.

Despite my dislike for him personally, I think he’s done a quality job growing the NHL, and for that, I respect him as our commissioner.

I kind of feel dirty for saying this, but I think he really has the leagues best interest in his heart.

He's kind of an ass, but hes grown on me ever since he embraced his heel status.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I’m not. Bettman is who I can’t stand.
To each their own. I don't get the Bettman hate personally. He has done great things for the game.
I think they're going to go after Wennberg after hes bought out.

I don't hate it. Not that I'd expect him to be a top 6 guy, but I do think that he can revive his game here to the point where hes useful.

That would be a stellar move IMO. Really hope that happens.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I'm sure there are teams that see a lot of value in ADA and others who wouldn't touch him no matter how cheap he came. Seems like the Rangers have found at least a couple of teams that are on the more positive end of that spectrum. Hopefully we get good value and can address a need or two.
100% agree. And, at the end of the day all you need is that 1 team.

ADA has been a good NYR though. I know some ppl judge him because of this or that, but as a “problem child”, he’s been a fine player for us.

He didn’t bitch when he was benched and scratched. He’s been, by all indication, a good teammate who’s loved by his teammates. He’s made us proud by dropping the gloves against bigger opponents to redeem his peers. And most importantly, he’s produced. And not just this year. ADA’s potential and production started taking off the previous year. And he built on that quite a bit.

I’m confident GM’s are aware of these facts too. Or sucks that he’s not LH. Or that we’ve become strong at RD in the blink of an eye. He’s really grown on me and exceeded expectations.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Is it me or does Micheletti not look well?

He doesn’t look right. Maybe a makeup thing?

Then there’s Valiquette. Looking like a finely groomed Chewbacca!

upload_2020-10-5_22-42-30.jpeg

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I think they're going to go after Wennberg after hes bought out.

I don't hate it. Not that I'd expect him to be a top 6 guy, but I do think that he can revive his game here to the point where hes useful.
I don't love it, but if he's cheap enough, he might not be a bad two year deal to be another guy exposed in expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad