Roster and Fantasy GM Thread Pt. XVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
The roster construction is so out of whack now I don't know how Green can even build a competitive team.

The issue is we lack two-way forwards ... especially if you assume a top nine of Sedin, Sedin, Horvat, Baertschi, Gagner, Vanek, Granlund, Sutter, and Eriksson. I count maybe three players in there that can generously be counted on defensively (Granlund, Eriksson, and Sutter). The rest of them are at best neutral defensive players (a lot of them are worse, though).

Combine that with what we're icing on the blueline, plus two question marks in net, and I don't see how this team doesn't get ventilated on the scoreboard most nights. They'll probably score more, but not that much more.

I really don't mind losing games 5-4 or 4-3 and would prefer it to losing 2-0 or 3-1. I hope they all cherry pick and we get at least a few exciting games this year which would an improvement on last year. Can we just lose in entertaining fashion? I don't think anyone wants to be subjected to another 82 games of what amounted to the same excitement as watching paint dry. I'd rather watch Bob Ross than pretty much any canucks game last season.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Could easily? Uh...he's 25 and his career high in PPG is 0.51.

I think he's someone who can fill in a 2nd line LW role on a mediocre/bad team, but if you want to have a good team you're going to need to do better.

Granlund in your top 9 means you're not a good team. Period.

Whats wrong with 20-25 goals in a 2nd line LW role..?..Other than Henrik,he probably has one of the highest skill levels on the team..Thing is..he has more to give..If anybody can get through to Baertschi..Its Travis Green..

You labelled Granlund as 'trash' in your previous posts...You may wind up looking a bit foolish if he kicks it up another notch from last season.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Whats wrong with 20-25 goals in a 2nd line LW role..?..Other than Henrik,he probably has one of the highest skill levels on the team..Thing is..he has more to give..If anybody can get through to Baertschi..Its Travis Green..

You labelled Granlund as 'trash' in your previous posts...You may wind up looking a bit foolish if he kicks it up another notch from last season.

Except I won't look foolish, because he won't.

And if Baertschi can produce 20-25 goals and 50 points per season then he's a legit second line winger. Though a lot of you people disagreed when Mason Raymond did that, but whatever. I just don't think Baertschi will get to that level.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta

And if Baertschi can produce 20-25 goals and 50 points per season then he's a legit second line winger. Though a lot of you people disagreed when Mason Raymond did that, but whatever. I just don't think Baertschi will get to that level.
i kinda agree with y2k on this regaurding Baertschi.I for one think Baertschi is one hit away from press box material.His history with concusions is a big concern.I as a fan of this team ,im more concerned as to how soft this team is.
Its going to be interesting when the injury bug piles up.But hey im all for another lottery pick this year in a great draft.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Tkachuk-Petersson-Boeser
Ehlers-Horvat- Goldobin

now theres a top 6 i'd pay to watch :popcorn: :laugh:

Hey we may still be able to grab Brady Tkachuk (my hope for the 2018 draft). I've read he's more miserable to play against than Matthew.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

If you are going to adjust Granlund's stats based on deployment (which I agree with) then you should also do the same for Baertschi.

Baertschi produced at a top-six level at even-strength last year. It's only one season, but with a bit more ice time and hopefully being a fixture on PP1 I think he can do it again.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
If you are going to adjust Granlund's stats based on deployment (which I agree with) then you should also do the same for Baertschi.

Baertschi produced at a top-six level at even-strength last year. It's only one season, but with a bit more ice time and hopefully being a fixture on PP1 I think he can do it again.

Who is he replacing on PP1?

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Maybe not pp1 but a functional 2nd unit would be nice. That's the only good thing with the addition of Ganger/Vanek. They do add to those units.

Sure, but that wouldn't change much then as that is what he did last year. He played with Bo, and then was on PP2 (he did get some PP1 time near the end).

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
AGWC3Du.png

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

This has us finishing 29th in the NHL again. Would be nice. A bit surprised to see Vegas didn't give the Canucks a bit of a bump considering how veteran the team is going to be. Vegas doesn't mess around though...they do their research.

Awesome!

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Bottom 5 finish? Bring it on. Pro-Tankers can eat it, all our fancy additions did nothing to change our fate!....according to Vegas.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
i kinda agree with y2k on this regaurding Baertschi.I for one think Baertschi is one hit away from press box material.His history with concusions is a big concern.I as a fan of this team ,im more concerned as to how soft this team is.
Its going to be interesting when the injury bug piles up.But hey im all for another lottery pick this year in a great draft.

Sports teams need lots of good players. Not having Baertschi because he is soft is assinine. Raymonds career ended because he was soft and Y2K claims he is a superior 2nd line winger.

Insanity

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Sports teams need lots of good players. Not having Baertschi because he is soft is assinine. Raymonds career ended because he was soft and Y2K claims he is a superior 2nd line winger.

Insanity

Because he was better defensively and offensively than Baertschi is. But I think we've established that facts don't matter to some people.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So Upshall, to join White, are on PTOs.

Our depth charts are filling up this offseason.

Daniel, Baertschi, Vanek, Upshall, Gaunce, Goldobin, Boucher, Carcone
Henrik, Horvat, Sutter, Burmistrov, Chaput, Molino, White, Cassels
Eriksson, Boeser, Gagner, Granlund, Virtanen, Dorsett, Rodin, Megna
Edler, Hutton, Del Zotto, Juolevi, Wiercoch, Pedan
Tanev, Stetcher, Gudbranson, Biega, Subban, Holm
Markstrom, Nilsson, Demko, Bachman

We can ice two full teams, and could still have a few surprises as we get down to the wire.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
So Upshall, to join White, are on PTOs.

Our depth charts are filling up this offseason.

Daniel, Baertschi, Vanek, Upshall, Gaunce, Goldobin, Boucher, Carcone
Henrik, Horvat, Sutter, Burmistrov, Chaput, Molino, White, Cassels
Eriksson, Boeser, Gagner, Granlund, Virtanen, Dorsett, Rodin, Megna
Edler, Hutton, Del Zotto, Juolevi, Wiercoch, Pedan
Tanev, Stetcher, Gudbranson, Biega, Subban, Holm
Markstrom, Nilsson, Demko, Bachman

We can ice two full teams, and could still have a few surprises as we get down to the wire.

Does that mean we're good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad