Value of: Ross Colton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
This is purely my speculation, but based on the recent Jeannot trade Tampa sees him as Killorn's replacement in the top 6 next year which leaves Colton once against stapled on the third line. He is a RFA who I believe is making $1.1 AAV which is surely going to get bumped up by a couple million at worst. I'm not so sure they can afford to pay a guy that much next year who they only play 12 minutes a game.

39 points last year (22 goals) and 25 points (12 goals) so far this year at around 12 minutes a game and never playing with any of the big three forwards. Pretty respectable numbers and I don't think it's crazy to think he could put up some 50 point seasons with more ice time and better linemates, but that ain't happening in Tampa.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
No way they deal Colton at the TDL. Put him on the market in the off-season and he'll get a nice tidy sum.

Not sure he'd get a 1st......but I could easily see a 2nd and a prospect.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
This is an off-season thread no? They ain’t trading him before the deadline.
I mean probably not, but I don't think it's crazy that they could dangle him if there is a similar priced defenseman out there they can get before the deadline.

Reactions: wintersej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad