Confirmed with Link: Canes sign Jack Roslovic - 1 year/2.8M

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
The guy didn't even play center last year. His career faceoff % is 43.2%, if we're slotting him in at 2C hope Rod can work his faceoff magic on him. I'm not super crazy about this signing tho, hoping it's only a 1 year deal filler contract. Seems like a guy that is better suited for a bottom 6 role, which to me already have plenty of. But I know he's likely in our top 6.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Could be some scoring potential for the 3rd line. That said this feels a lot like a Ponikarovsky signing....lot of hopes and prayers that this guy can chip in offensively. He is pretty fast....

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Way to early, pre-Necas trade(?) lines:
Are any of our young players right handed centers?

And I will (virually) pistol whip the next person who says Jarvis
If you’re talking prospects, I think Mukhanov (sp?), drafted last year, is a right shot C. I want to say there were some suggestions that Trikozov also might one day be a candidate to play C, if he rounded out his game tremendously.

Robidas played C in junior, not sure if he did last season in the ECHL.

That’s all I got.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Watching some Roslovic highlights of YouTube, noticed 2 things:

1) He was used on the PK a lot by CBJ. Scored a handful of shorthanded goals. I bet he’ll end up as Aho’s new PK partner.

2) He played with Laine a lot. Go get Ehlers and now Roslovic along with Aho and Laine has a pretty comfy situation

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
We currently only have 15 forwards, what’s the issue?!?

Apparently we’re going to do a four for one trade here any day now.

Jost is Chicago fodder, based on the no comments since the end of the regular season I’d bet Fast is a no go for the start of the season or longer. Someone will get waived a la Caleb Jones last year (my guess is Lemieux and Robinson stays as the 13th forward). There’s your 4 not penciled into the top 12 to start the year I’d think, with room for a kid if they grab the spot.

Reactions: bleedgreen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad