GDT: Rookie Tournament- Habs vs Sens (Monday Sept 18 @ 1:30PM EST) youtube

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Mailloux must have turned his game around. Made your top 3. You hated him after Buffalo game.
Oh he was f***ing brutal in that game.

He made it as he did improve his game. He really showed off his skating and offensive skill and couple that with no one else really improving a lot he got it.

Struble I would say could be there. You didn't notice him, so that's good and bad. Good because you know he didn't f*** up defensively, bad because he's not engaged physically.

All of this is just for this tournament and players might, or should look better in preseason hopefully.

If anyone is curious Reinbacher was solid, or as advertised in some areas and in others showed little, or nothing. I'm judging him hard than I would Laaouan, or whatever, so that would skew things, but Reinbacher didn't look the best overall. However, that's 3 games in a tournament on NA ice that he may not play on in the NLA.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

He made it as he did improve his game. He really showed off his skating and offensive skill and couple that with no one else really improving a lot he got it.

Struble I would say could be there. You didn't notice him, so that's good and bad. Good because you know he didn't f*** up defensively, bad because he's not engaged physically.

All of this is just for this tournament and players might, or should look better in preseason hopefully.

If anyone is curious Reinbacher was solid, or as advertised in some areas and in others showed little, or nothing. I'm judging him hard than I would Laaouan, or whatever, so that would skew things, but Reinbacher didn't look the best overall. However, that's 3 games in a tournament on NA ice that he may not play on in the NLA.
I never watched the game so don't know. Leonard was my pick. Interesting to see how Reinbacher plays out. Look back years from now, compare myself to Hughes. Last year I wanted Cooley. Offensive centers hard to find. Up until three days before draft I didn't know who to pick.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Mesar, Kidney and Mysak showing why you don't just toss the baby out with the bath water when there are speed bumps.

Kidney is a slow burn, he has a long way to do in his physical development but the IQ and skills are there.

Mesar shows that he can dangle, use his speed and playmaking to put defenses in trouble. The skill set is impressive, the clay has to be molded.

Mysak was very good, improved his foot speed, competitive, makes pro level plays. f*** you, Houle.
Completely agree, Mysak had some jump today.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Not the best overall. But when you consider his age and how he wasn’t really going all out, I was massively impressed. How easily he could break up a play. His skating, etc.

Want to see some more offensive swagger but he’s going to be a tremendous add to this D core. No doubt about it

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Isn't this where our supposedly elite development team struts their stuff?
Kidney's biggest issue is that he's a twig and still looks like a teenager, although not as young as when he was drafted. He's a few years away just in term of gaining muscle mass.

Reactions: montreal

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I’ve said it before, but sometimes nightmare seasons happen. I wanted Kulich, but Mesar is clearly talented and it’s certainly way too early to give up on him.
Mesar also showed flashes of pure speed and skill - the best with this group of prospect forwards. That being said, he still needs to add to muscle and figure out how to be more consistent. He still disappears at times. Also, clearly a center - he needs the open ice to wheel.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
oof

Just watching, well I guess listening to the post game comments.

Mailloux says he was trying to get his legs in the first game and as he said, it's his first "pro" game.

And so there's no confusion, I don't feel like Reinbacher isn't good, or anything, I just expected more from a top 5 pick, but his skating, elusiveness and puck moving was as I expected.

The whole not going to run a pp, I see that. However, if Hutson makes it to what his potential is, there won't be many in the league that would play over him. Or Mailloux. Habs need a guy who can eat minutes and frustrate opponents and I can see that.

I'd honestly have him go back this year and next year start in the A, unless he really shows some promise in the pre-season, then give him some games from the get go.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
I never watched the game so don't know. Leonard was my pick. Interesting to see how Reinbacher plays out. Look back years from now, compare myself to Hughes. Last year I wanted Cooley. Offensive centers hard to find. Up until three days before draft I didn't know who to pick.

Me too, I was rooting for Leonard, glad someone here agrees with me lol. You are the only one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad