Ron Wilson on Leafs Recent Struggles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
If there’s anyone in the world who knows what Randy Carlyle is going through right now in Toronto, it’s Ron Wilson.

Just two years ago in early March 2012, after a late-season skid that dropped Toronto out of a playoff spot, Wilson was fired as Maple Leafs coach and replaced by Carlyle.

So yeah, with the Leafs currently mired in an eight-game losing streak that has dropped them out of a playoff spot and completely freaked out the league’s biggest hockey market, Wilson knows what his replacement is living.

“In Toronto, everything is always out of perspective; they’re either winning games and they’re planning the parade route,†Wilson said on Monday from his home near Hilton Head, S.C., “or you lose a couple of games and everything gets over-exaggerated.â€

And all this time i'd thought he'd fallen off the face of the earth

Full Article http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/29813/former-leafs-coach-wilson-feels-the-pain

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
It is true though. Same goes for the players.. either they are great or they suck.

There usually is no middle ground.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
its not a couple games and its not over exaggerated... its 8 games and its the worst collapse before the playoffs in maple leaf history

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I don't see any exaggeration, nor did I see parade planning when we were winning. What the **** is he smoking.

We have lost 8 straight without a single point, which is near impossible to do in this league, and this is an exaggeration? Exaggerating would be to fire the coach, the GM and waive every single player for being terrible NHL players.

Where was he when things were going remotely well? I guess no one cared about Wilson... but now we do? I wonder why? Talk about exaggeration from the media... talking to Ron Wilson who hasn't been relevant in over 2 years.

If someone knows losing, it's surely Ron Wilson.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Where is the over exaggeration?

This is the team's worst losing streak since 1985 - at the most critical juncture of the season.

Just a couple of weeks ago the team was a 90 per cent lock to make the playoffs. They now have a six per cent chance.

This is the third straight season this team has collapsed in a spectacular fashion (at least last year it was over 10 minutes in a playoff game and not over a period of time during the season).

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
just came across this
Bower Power ‏@So_Truculent 14m
Ron Wilson, JFJ, and Poulin all made comments today. The current member of Leafs' management made the dumbest comments of the three

made me lol :D

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I miss Wilson, that guy was entertaining.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
People who "plan the parades" are complete idiots. If you actually had half a brain and some hockey knowledge youd know this team is far from that.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
just came across this
Bower Power ‏@So_Truculent 14m
Ron Wilson, JFJ, and Poulin all made comments today. The current member of Leafs' management made the dumbest comments of the three

made me lol :D

its true

“It's not necessarily systematic breakdowns, its individual,†Poulin said, noting the Leafs still have “a good hockey team and we've played really well at points.â€

Asked whether the team's collapse could have been predicted due to their poor defensive play, Poulin remained skeptical, saying that despite playing better during the losing streak, they haven't had any results.

Wtf? Surely he can't actually think that 3 years of cliff diving, grossly outplayed, outshot and outhustled, through 2 coaches, is deserving of praise.

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
its not a couple games and its not over exaggerated... its 8 games and its the worst collapse before the playoffs in maple leaf history
IKR? Dropping a 3-goal lead in game 7 followed by an 8 game losing streak at the end the the next season to fall out of the playoffs is a massive collapse by anyone's standards.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I miss Wilson, that guy was entertaining.

The sad part is Wilson's system was actually better geared towards a team that didn't want to hit/be hit or backcheck. We outshot teams when Wilson was in charge.
Still couldn't win.

New coach, more attention to defense.
Still can't win.

Do you think maybe the core is rotten?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Maybe it's just me but does anyone think that Wilson was taking a shot at Leafs fans when he talks about how people plan the parade when they win a few games in a row?

dsf

Dec 7, 2009
Brampton
I like to imagine he's extremely short and he's looking up at the reporters but they've suitably accommodated him with a lowered camera.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011

I may be in the minority, but it doesn't really feel like THAT big of a collapse, because their quality of play hasn't really changed from earlier in the year. These results seem more indicative of their performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad