Ron MacLean 'CRASHES' 90 year old Don Cherry's birthday party for cheesy photo-op

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010

WARMINGTON: Ron MacLean deserves game misconduct for misleading Don Cherry post

For many, it may have looked like a reconciliation between two TV legends has occurred that could lead to getting the band back together again. MacLean wrote: “Us, when Grapes hit a Milestone and I was chasing one, so, recently. Canadians. Us like us — forever.”

Not so fast.

Turns out, it was the coach who was cornered.

MacLean and Cherry had not been in the same room together since the cheap shot heard around the hockey world that was seeing Grapes fired on Remembrance Day Nov. 11, 2019...

.... I have reached out to Ron to hear his side of it but those in attendance told me MacLean “crashed” the family party he wasn’t invited to and brought a birthday card for his long-time pal.

Of course Ron couldn't help but bring his 'poetry' into it.:shakehead

What a sleazebag move here from MacLean. He showed his true colours when he turned his back on his long-time 'friend' leaving him to face the mob alone. Now he shows up on the doorstep for a cheap and awkward photo which - suprise, suprise gets posted to X in record time. Gotta think he's setting himself up for his post-HNIC career at this point. Going to lean hard on the nostalgia of the 'good times.'

Pathetic.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Amazing what some very motivated people can read into a pretty harmless picture.

So much misplaced hatred in this world. And obviously Cherry didn't exactly brought out the best of what human beings can offer.
I don't care either way what Ron and Don do now. Maybe they buried the hatchet. Maybe one is trying to.
It's their business.
But if some fans of Don wanna bash McLean so be it.
Nobody brought up the "hate" word until you.
Fake rage.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
My one personal interaction with Ron was not great. I was a volunteer at the CCMA’s in Saskatoon and he was not very nice to the “help”.

Hopefully he can retire soon so we don’t have to listen to him struggle to produce quality content anymore

Reactions: Grantham

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
So a man like Don Cherry or his family weren't able to say Maclean wasn't welcome as he rushed towards Cherry knocking over well-wisher' and then held Cherry at gun point in order for Maclean to take a picture of both of them smiling and giving the thumbs up.

THE HORROR

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
So a man like Don Cherry or his family weren't able to say Maclean wasn't welcome as he rushed towards Cherry knocking over well-wisher' and then held Cherry at gun point in order for Maclean to take a picture of both of them smiling and giving the thumbs up.

THE HORROR
probably thought it eas a nice gesture by McClean. Some eye rolling , but of course they are gonna let him in.
We have an uncle mist of us can't stand. But he shows up at family gatherings.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's not really up to Ron to stand up for Grapes for all the various dumb things he's said. He shot his mouth off one too many times and got the boot for it. I have old friends but that doesn't mean I'm honor bound to stand behind them if they say or do something really stupid.

They have a lot of shared history together nonetheless, good for them for being able to look past a dumb moment, when you're that age you're better off just dropping the silly pettiness.

Even without that incident Cherry was losing it anyway, he was barely coherent on Coaches Corner anymore.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
probably thought it eas a nice gesture by McClean. Some eye rolling , but of course they are gonna let him in.
We have an uncle mist of us can't stand. But he shows up at family gatherings.
Does your family then put out a family news letter stating how hurt everyone was when he came?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad