Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-24 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover

Not any more! I just checked Ticketmaster and the building is sold out. Should be a great atmosphere in the building tonight.

I hope our friend Tsyolin will be able to set up a stream again as this is a game not to be missed.

There's so many guys I would like to see stand out tonight, but none more than Devon Levi.

Good luck to the Amerks tonight!

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Do or die today. Whatever happen, I just hope they match the intensity of the crunch. They finally did for the 1st time in period 3 of game 4.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
The only Amerks on Sabres contracts I want back next year are cecconi and Murray.

Biro, weissbach. No thanks.

The young guys trying to break into the nhl roster did themselves no favors, except Levi of course, who I’m kinda expecting to be upl’s backup next year

Obviously, Dallas had a lot of depth so it's understandable Cecconi never had a chance to crack the lineup. Should he have played with the Sabres ahead of some of the defensemen in Buffalo or is the AHL pretty much his ceiling?

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Obviously, Dallas had a lot of depth so it's understandable Cecconi never had a chance to crack the lineup. Should he have played with the Sabres ahead of some of the defensemen in Buffalo or is the AHL pretty much his ceiling?
Cecconi, I'd argue, has been their best dman in the Amerks playoffs.

He also a couple of things working against him to get into the NHL. The Sabres have multiple franchise players on D, and just added another top 5 pick in Byram. Add to that, the aforementioned are all young, and any moves made would be for NHL experience.

Cecconi doesn't really bring that, so in the org, he'd be aiming directly for a 3rd pair / depth d role. He has a chance with injuries, and we have an advantage that he's from this area. He has to beat out the youth though, which will be tough.

I stand by that post though. The Amerks have a lot of Sabres' drafted talent, but the heart and soul of this team is coming from Mersch, Murray, Jobst, Cecconi.

The Amerks need a lot more from all the shiny 1st/2nd rounders tonight if they want this run to continue. Time to step up, Kulich/Rosen.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Buffalo was relatively healthy on defense last year so really didn't dip into Rochester for reinforcements. Cecconi wouldn't have earned time over Bryson or Johnson, so at most he would have gotten the few games Clague played

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Cecconi may be 9th/10th on the depth chart for next year. With how injuries may go, he could potentially see time

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Does anyone have the projected lines for this one?
I expect a repeat of game 4:

1715360666572.png

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Lukas Rousek 11 LWBrandon Biro 10 LCLinus Weissbach 13 LW
Tyson Kozak 44 LCJiri Kulich 25 LCIsak Rosén 18 LW
Brett Murray 81 LWMason Jobst 26 LCMichael Mersch 28 LW
Anton Wahlberg 92 LWJustin Richards 16 RCGraham Slaggert 19 LW
Jérémy Davies 4 LDJoseph Cecconi 3 RD