Rochester Americans and Jacksonville Icemen 2023-24 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
I hope we lodge a complaint to the league; that was blatant and unfair reffing. Our guy is literally hauled down on a breakaway and we get no PP. Then they f*** up an icing to which they score on. The Crunch 1st goal was also after a penalty was ignored as well.

Reactions: Chainshot

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I hate to say it but I don't think the forward touched the puck on the icing. I think he whiffed. Even on the slow motion replay it didn't look like the puck changed trajectory at all.

Either way the Amerks need to figure out what Syracuse is doing on offensive zone draws because 3 deflection goals right off faceoffs isn't acceptable.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ridiculous but typical. This is the training ground of the NHL and it shows.
Imagine if in the last quarter of an NFL playoff game the officials just decided they weren't going to call ANY penalties no matter how blatant. Grab a guy by the face mask and toss him to the ground? No call.

Imagine if in the last 3 innings of a MLB playoff game the umpire decided to call anything that didn't get by the pitcher a strike (besides Angel Hernandez, but you know what I mean)?

Imagine if in a cup final match a soccer referee decided to allow anything in the last 10 minutes like a guy putting the attacking forward in a headlock and slamming him to the ground in the box and not awarding the penalty?

This is why hockey is seen as a ridiculous Mickey Mouse sport one step above roller derby.

Reactions: HaNotsri

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Definitely annoying it ended like that. But I’ve watched the replay a number of times now and I don’t think that puck was touched. I think it was icing.

At -4:50 ish

I’d like to see a better replay though (not that it matters now, anyway)
Best replay I saw was ~3:30:10 on the stream.

RIchards also wasn't hauled down at all on the breakaway right before that. He peeled off to the right boards, it was someone else who toppled over the goaltender (wasn't really helped in, either). Would have been a soft, if not downright bad, call if they had called it. By the book the Amerk falling on the goaltender's legs was more of a penalty, honestly.

That's not to say that the officating was particuarly good, but it was a loose standard and relatively consistent at least. There wasn't anything at all on the breakaway and the questioned icing looked a lot like the right call to me too.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Damn. Sounds like they haven't played their best hockey this series, and Levi had kept them in it. Is that accurate?

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Best replay I saw was ~3:30:10 on the stream.

RIchards also wasn't hauled down at all on the breakaway right before that. He peeled off to the right boards, it was someone else who toppled over the goaltender (wasn't really helped in, either). Would have been a soft, if not downright bad, call if they had called it.
It was very close; and because of how the game was officiated even a possibly accurate call feels wrong.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Damn. Sounds like they haven't played their best hockey this series, and Levi had kept them in it. Is that accurate?
They had a few moments. Rosen had a chance early where he lost the puck. Richards could've easily won it in OT. By and large though, they didn't meet SYR's intensity. SYR is super high energy team. Gotta match it.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It was very close; and because of how the game was officiated even a possibly accurate call feels wrong.
I don't think the standard set by the officials for calling penalties (which absolutely was lax) has anything to do with icings or offsides. The linesman's right there and can go by both sound and vision - if the puck doesn't seem to change trajectory AND the linesman can't hear the puck hit stick, it's getting called every time.

Defensive zone faceoffs shouldn't end up in your net immediately after as often as it did today. They even caught a break with the shoveling happening right after (I'm surprised they allowed that, honestly) and they had a timeout in their pocket if the guys were gassed too.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY

This is also a trend now. They look great in the ozone, and awful in the dzone. Time to break up this line.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

This is also a trend now. They look great in the ozone, and awful in the dzone. Time to break up this line.

If anyone here has watched the team all season is this as completely damning and alarming as it sounds because it sounds like they are one way players which is very very very bad?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If anyone here has watched the team all season is this as completely damning and alarming as it sounds because it sounds like they are one way players which is very very very bad?
I don't think it is very very bad if you use them correctly.

The big challenge is that neither guy projects to be a guy that could play down the lineup all that well. And they are loaded in the top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad