Prospect Info: Robert Hagg [March 2014: AAV is $925k, 3-yr ELC, per Tim P.]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Hagg can do no wrong. He reliably makes terrible mistakes that lead to goals and doesn't miss a shift.

Reactions: Vikke

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hagg and Gudas are the only physical defensemen on the team right now.
When Morin and Myers join the team, Hagg moves down the pecking order b/c his physical play has less value with two big D-men.
If Sanheim gets stronger and plays a better game in his D-zone, he'll jump right by Hagg.

People fixate on the current year, rosters aren't static.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hagg and Gudas are the only physical defensemen on the team right now.
When Morin and Myers join the team, Hagg moves down the pecking order b/c his physical play has less value with two big D-men.
If Sanheim gets stronger and plays a better game in his D-zone, he'll jump right by Hagg.

People fixate on the current year, rosters aren't static.
No, people fixate that this coaching staff continuously ices a worse lineup and delegates more ice time to the undeserving.

Sanheim and Gudas were playing very good together. Now that pairing is gone. Now we watch Hagg and AMac get caved every night.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No, people fixate that this coaching staff continuously ices a worse lineup and delegates more ice time to the undeserving.

Sanheim and Gudas were playing very good together. Now that pairing is gone. Now we watch Hagg and AMac get caved every night.

I said it last night and I will say it again, this team would be better off with no coach at all than with Hakstol.. Just let Giroux be Player-Coach. The boys would be able to figure out who the best players are and ice time and combinations would flow accordingly. They wouldn't do dumb shit like sit back on leads in the 3rd and bench their talented young players that helped build the lead in the first place.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Friday night keggers with a mountain of grilled cheese would do a lot for team morale

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
As much as he has been quite useless outside of his own zone so far in his NHL career...

it has been noticeable how much better he has looked in general since moved to LD from RD.

His out-letting has still not been 'good', but looked passable.

Reactions: JXC

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hagg had a good game

Also of note, his biggest detraction was always that he looked to play too nonchalantly and seemed to lack passion and hustle. I think this season, and especially this game, he has put that criticism aside.
I think it's that he panics with the puck and can't pass unless it's a no pressure pass to his D partner.

Today, had a few long passes what we're way off or into a crowd. But he did not hurt us today so all was good.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
My eyeball assessment is that Hagg has looked better (i.e. ok) the last few weeks. His game looks a little more active / confident. Seems a bit more confident with the puck on his stick (but he still has a long way to go on that front).

Reactions: sa cyred

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hagg makes a lot of good defensive plays that get ignored. It’s clear he’s been told to stay back, he gets an inordinate amount of dzone starts, still is 2nd on the team in +/-, & is one of the only physical players on the team.
He probably gets too many minutes, but the hate is out of control. He’s a solid defenseman. And as a rookie handling hard minutes.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Hagg had a good game

Also of note, his biggest detraction was always that he looked to play too nonchalantly and seemed to lack passion and hustle. I think this season, and especially this game, he has put that criticism aside.
Agreed, he looked very good today, as he does most games. He's pinching effectively, hitting everything in sight and playing tough in front. Fast players don't intimidate him. Keep learning, kid.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
It's not his fault that head coach is using him the way he is and it's not his fault Sanheim in the press box. Hagg is showing that he has potential. 2nd in hits and top 80 in block shots, only 30 giveaways, 6 takeaways, almost 19min of ice time per game. He needs to get better but he is 22yo in his 1st season.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Those stats would mean something if he didn’t get catered in possession in the process.
In the short term that’s impacted by his terribly disadvantageous zone starts.
And yet he’s still 2nd on the team in +/-.
And he was first among Phantoms D in +/- last year despite just 58 games.
Maybe there’s something to his defensive ability.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Silly me. I was under the impression we were talking in general, not just today.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Well according to you 40 games is too small of a sample and zone starts have a significant impact over small samples. A game with 60% OZ starts should result in a better CF% than 38 according to your theory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad