Value of: RNH for Drouin swap, as a base

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Any sense for either team based on needs? Mtl a center and Edm a top line/6 winger. Yes, Oiler fans are gonna tell me RNH is that top6 winger to the Oil but he's a center. Drouin has a ton more upside on the wing.

Who is even more valuable in a trade at this point? What plusses on either side would balance out the value?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Don't see a thread for this proposal specifically. I see a couple between these 2 teams that involve Pacioretty
maybe beaten to death was the wrong choice of words. but there has been quite a bit of rnh to montreal for one of patches/gallagher+byron. maybe add drouin to that list?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I don't agree that Drouin has more upside on wing.

RNH finished the season on wing with 8 goals and 17 points in those 16 games. He was already having a strong season at center with worse line mates before the switch.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Drouin has a career .585PPG
RNH has a career .685 PPG

But if you think the two year age difference matters at this point in their careers, then sure.

One guy has played 3 nhl season seasons, the other played 7 nhl season.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
One guy has played 3 nhl season seasons, the other played 7 nhl season.

One guy was better, eariler, and has accomplished more. Nuge was NHL ready at 18, not sure why that’s being held against him as a negative.

Small age difference sure but I’m not sure you can pull the ‘POTENTIAL!!!’ argument out when it’s a 23 year old vs a 25 year old.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
One guy was better, eariler, and has accomplished more. Small age difference sure but I’m not sure you can pull the ‘POTENTIAL!!!’ argument out when it’s a 23 year old vs a 25 year old.

23 vs 25 is a pretty big difference in terms of development.

Also, Drouin had a breakout year last year, and if werent for him being traded to a bottom 4 team and being put at center, theres a good chance he would have improved his numbers.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
23 vs 25 is a pretty big difference in terms of development.

Also, Drouin had a breakout year last year, and if werent for him being traded to a bottom 4 team and being put at center, theres a good chance he would have improved his numbers.

And RNH was on pace for 30-30-60 before he broke a rib, and that was largely playing with Lucic and ‘Choose Your Scrub or Rookie’ on RW.

Ifs/buts are all well and good but right now RNH is a better centre, more versatile, better two-way and more accomplished, and the two players are similarly paid and both have term. I don’t see why Edmonton would consider this. RNH is a great C insurance plan if McDavid or Drai get injured.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Why pry drouin out when you could get much more value by leaving the French Canadian out of it?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
And RNH was on pace for 30-30-60 before he broke a rib, and that was largely playing with Lucic and ‘Choose Your Scrub or Rookie’ on RW.

Ifs/buts are all well and good but right now RNH is a better centre, more versatile, better two-way and more accomplished, and the two players are similarly paid and both have term. I don’t see why Edmonton would consider this. RNH is a great C insurance plan if McDavid or Drai get injured.

I dont really care if oilers do it or not. Just saying no chance the habs would do it.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Nugent Hopkins doesn't help Montreal he isn't # 1 and he's an average # 2 center
The 1st overall pick 2011 has never lived up to expectations .

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The idea is to get a C to play with Drouin. Getting rid of Drouin for a C is a step backwards IMO.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
The idea is to get a C to play with Drouin. Getting rid of Drouin for a C is a step backwards IMO.
a better idea is to get a C in general, regardless of who you have to give up (at a reasonable price ofc)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad