GDT: Rivalry Game - Blackhawks @ Blues 7:00 PM (CT) WGN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This team is not any good.

But the lazy lackadaisical play ....I mean how can q keep his job beyond this year.

So much for Saad giving effort that lasted two whole games that guy is lazy
did you watch the game? Saad crashed the net multiple times and was hustling out there...he wasn't even remotely an issue tonight...f***!

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Oh the annual blues are going to win the cup post.... The blues are the top five slowest teams in the league and have terrible goalies.

The Blues franchise has been in existence for 51 years and never even made the finals. Never been to their arena but they must have division championship banners and one of those “The Fans” banners hanging from the rafters. The franchise blows

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
The Blues franchise has been in existence for 51 years and never even made the finals. Never been to their arena but they must have division championship banners and one of those “The Fans” banners hanging from the rafters. The franchise blows
Lol they were in the finals their first three years under the guidance of Scotty b I believe

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015

They’ve been in the finals 3 times (never won a game though). That being said, their existence in the expansion draft over Baltimore was pretty much only because of the Blackhawks. Also, they were in the division that ONLY included expansion teams, so one of them had to be in the final for those years.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Lol they were in the finals their first three years under the guidance of Scotty b I believe

Yup

upload_2018-10-27_21-59-0.jpeg

Reactions: BobbyJet

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
This team must've forgot that you need to try shooting the puck to win hockey games.

Whatever, enjoy Yeo for another week St. Louis!

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
My bad. I just looked at their Wikipedia page and it said “Capitalizing on a playoff format that required an expansion team to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals” they made it their first 3 years. What kind of dumb format requires an expansion team to make the finals?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sure Saad was an issue tonight. ..misses the target on shot attempts that a better shooter might have scored on. .we needed more goals cause our D mostly sucked all night.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But at least line 2 with Kane and AA were playing an A game ...few others were..

Toews has not done much in last 5-6 games ...slumping? He generated Mada tonight.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
It eases the pain from such a putrid loss ...especially our surrender in the 3rd period instead of responding with compete to try to win it...that the Totes pasted TB 7-1 ...of course Vinny Oesterle and Panik all scored goals ..and Vinny also had an assist ..

TB pasted us..and Yotes paste them ...all about who shows up to play that night ..and who goes MIA /night off...

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Second line, Johnson and Jokiharju were ok to good imo. Crawford was ok also. Others bad to no show.

It appears that Saad-Anisimov-Kane line is significantly better than the Saad-Schmaltz-Kane line. Are you seeing the same thing?

I think a big problem was Saad didn’t want to play the simple Anisimov role on that line, Saad wants a bigger piece of the action where he can use his skill.

Now with Anisimov, he can be a skill guy who just happens to also be able to crash the net. The net crashing, board play, and net-front presence isn’t all on him.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
It appears that Saad-Anisimov-Kane line is significantly better than the Saad-Schmaltz-Kane line. Are you seeing the same thing?

Yep, still think Saad isn’t the long-term solution there. But they mesh better, Anisimov is great with Kane and Saad is playing better also and engaging.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Yep, still think Saad isn’t the long-term solution there. But they mesh better, Anisimov is great with Kane and Saad is playing better also and engaging.

Aside from Saad not being right handed and available for Kane’s one-timer set-ups, what else can another player bring to Kane’s line that Saad can’t?

ObeyPerry

Sep 5, 2011
Chicago, IL
Of course this will be the game that turns the Blues season around as they go on to win the Cup now.
Meh. They havent won a cup ever in 51 seasons. Loser franchise. That made it worse to lose to these punks tonight. Building was garbage tonight.

Best Hawks tonight:

Kane
Saad
Hayden

Gus

Nobody

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
My bad. I just looked at their Wikipedia page and it said “Capitalizing on a playoff format that required an expansion team to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals” they made it their first 3 years. What kind of dumb format requires an expansion team to make the finals?
It is the NHL. The same league that had 16 of 21 teams qualify for the playoffs for over a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad