#Rinne4Vezina...habs lose 3-2 OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Christ almighty. Use 2 ****ing defensemen you got damn muppet. Really? You're worried about Price not being able to stop a point shot he'll most likely see? So you decide to leave a 2 on 1 down low. Such an idiot ****ing strategy, christ how can anyone like this coach. I don't get it.

Baffles me you opt to give up the 2 on 1 down low.

There is a muppet behind the bench. Pretty much explains it all.

Petry pretty much mtls best defenseman in terms of pure defense yet they use a slow positionally questionable Emelin

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I don't understand people blaming Subban. He held on to the puck in OT which helped setup a scoring play and he was just unlucky that the puck hopped over his stick and he took a penalty.

The problem most people have is he was playing high-risk high reward in OT...what he did belongs in regulation, not in OT. Had he simply left the puck for a forward then he probably would have had enough time to react/prepare for a bouncing pass (like the one he got in OT).

Also the play would have been completely different had he just passed the puck to a forward. I mentioned in another post, it seems like teams realize you just need to backcheck Subban hard and he'll eventually lose the puck or do something stupid...tonight, he barely held on to the puck and almost lost it. Then he passed it to Patches and Patches passed it back to an un-ready Subban.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Subban shouldn't of tripped him. Forsberg vs. Price straight up is better odds than 4 on 3 OT

Not if you PK properly instead of sending out one god damn defenseman. Not to mention, the one that had the worst game of all 6 as well. JJ Daignault must have been watching Netflix on his phone all game or something. Cuase that was idiot.

Varlan

Nov 26, 2009
At the beginning of OT? We were only a minute thirty in at that point. He was globe trotting with his team mates standing watching him trying to hold their position. He blew it yes he did and if it was DD(im not a fan) people would blow a gasket.

That had anything to do with the puck bouncing over his stuck at the blue line....What are you blathering on about it for?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I know what you mean that comes with Subban and it s as exciting as it s infuriating sometimes.
Thing is personally I d rather him try to do those plays and try to be a winner, after that I think it was just an unlucky bounce, yes maybe he would ve been in a better position, maybe he would ve been able to stop it , but also maybe not...and it wouldnt have changed anything...

I want the Subban we saw tonight too, but just in regulation or 5-on-5 OT. There's too much risk involved for a defenseman to do that when its 4-on-4 due to how much extra space there is.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal

Petry pretty much mtls best defenseman in terms of pure defense yet they use a slow positionally questionable Emelin

But they have Weber bomb from the point. Either way we were ****ed man. Just a ****** situation. 4on3 is a guaranteed goal.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Not if you PK properly instead of sending out one god damn defenseman. Not to mention, the one that had the worst game of all 6 as well. JJ Daignault must have been watching Netflix on his phone all game or something. Cuase that was idiot.

When the refs arm goes up in OT. You know it is over.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
You have to call a spade a spade when it's deserved. Guy thinks he's the only one on the ice. No wonder they didn't play him with team Canada. He's so self centered.

The hell are you talking about.

It wasn't his fault, and it was on a play when Subban will usually create an amazing scoring chance and often a goal. This time it didn't work because the puck bounced...

Mario Tremblay type analysis there...

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If Pacioretty scores shortly beforehand, there are 100 of you guys complaining about Subban running to the main board to spout off about how amazing he was. Guaranteed.

But because the puck hopped over his stick and he caught a tough break, he's hot dogging it and it has no place in OT? You can't have it both ways.

E82

Feb 3, 2015
The problem most people have is he was playing high-risk high reward in OT...what he did belongs in regulation, not in OT. Had he simply left the puck for a forward then he probably would have had enough time to react/prepare for a bouncing pass (like the one he got in OT).

Also the play would have been completely different had he just passed the puck to a forward. I mentioned in another post, it seems like teams realize you just need to backcheck Subban hard and he'll eventually lose the puck or do something stupid...tonight, he barely held on to the puck and almost lost it. Then he passed it to Patches and Patches passed it back to an un-ready Subban.
Patches didnt pass, he took a shot and missed completely

The Real Guy Lafleur

May 5, 2010
Thurso
:laugh
Your post and your manner show just how infantile you are. :nod:
Did you have to look those words up?
;)

Can you post more emoticons to show me how mature you are? At my age I've seen a lot more hockey then you have. There was a reason why they didn't play Subban in team Canada and tonight he showed us the reason why AGAIN.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
If Pacioretty scores shortly beforehand, there are 100 of you guys complaining about Subban running to the main board to spout off about how amazing he was. Guaranteed.

But because the puck hopped over his stick and he caught a tough break, he's hot dogging it and it has no place in OT? You can't have it both ways.

I will never advocate for high risk/reward plays in OT. That's never been my preference whether it's Subban or someone else. In my opinion, there's no place for it at that juncture of game. Some might disagree, but this is my firm opinion.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I swear to god, some people here watch the game less than the coaching staff. And that's hard to do.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004

PK ****ed up, cost us the game. It happens. I'm sure he'll take responsibility. I'm also sure he'll win us games when it really counts. Just move on.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Patches didnt pass, he took a shot and missed completely

Yeah that's what I meant, I was focusing a little more and Subban's reception when I wrote that lol.

Oh well, I guess what's done is done. He tends to rebound well from bad decisions, I'm sure he'll be strong against FLA next game.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I will never advocate for high risk/reward plays in OT. That's never been my preference whether it's Subban or someone else. In my opinion, there's no place for it at that juncture of game. Some might disagree, but this is my firm opinion.

You don't see a lot of 4 on 4 hockey then I guess. That's the entire point. You have 2 less players and there's a ton more open ice for skilled players to create chances. It's literally the entire point.

Like, what do you want? Dump and chase? I'm confused as to what you want him to do in OT.

Dec 8, 2014
It's the 1st time I see a coach play 2 forwards on a 3 on 4 pk, icing on the cake . As bad as not using gretzky in the shootout at the olympics.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
PK ****ed up, cost us the game. It happens. I'm sure he'll take responsibility. I'm also sure he'll win us games when it really counts. Just move on.

He didn't **** up in any way, shape or form. He caught a bad break with the puck hopping on him when he went to pass it over and took a penalty to prevent a breakaway. That's the play 99/100 players will do in that situation. You're taught to do that.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax

Well maybe that was the problem. But otherwise it's a lot to ask of one forward to deal with Weber and Josi, who have a combined 29 points on the PP alone this year, and possibly THE hardest shot anywhere on one of them. Have teams never used that against Markov/Subban killing 4-on-3s? I'm struggling to think of specific examples, but it would surprise me.

edit: and forget about the possible priority of having two centres out on the ice for a defensive zone draw on the PK. Some coaches probably wouldn't have. Whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad