#Rinne4Vezina...habs lose 3-2 OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I don't normal complain about this but it has gotten quite sickening how one-sided the officiating is so often now.

What sucks even more is that MT is too much of an idiot to say anything about it. Every game the camera focuses in on the opposing coach *****ing and yelling at the refs about the calls against his team...then you see the habs get a penalty and the camera zooms in on what appears to be MT trying to redefine the word apathy

E82

Feb 3, 2015
You have to call a spade a spade when it's deserved. Guy thinks he's the only one on the ice. No wonder they didn't play him with team Canada. He's so self centered.

Hahah of course man..He's soooo selfish that all he tries to do is pass. You guys are so ungrateful and then bashing him with being selfish. He was back in position but Patches(who's been pretty bad himself recently) missed the net so bad the puck bounced out. Dude never gets the benefit of the doubt. Even michel therrien backing up PK

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I'm fine with Subban playing a high risk low reward game, I'll be the last to complain about it...when he does it in regulation. If he wants to pull that **** in OT he should just sit on the bench.

Had he played a little more conservative, he'd be in a better position to stop that bouncing puck because he'd have a few extra seconds to track it down and maybe even use his skate to stop it. He had no reaction time and he was probably (maybe) out of breath too.

The problem with his play was that there were two NSH forwards up high by their own blueline because they were tracking PK dancing around with the puck up high. The rest of our forwards were stationery and were watching on that sequence.

It's true that MaxPac moved into an open space and got the shot off but the risk/reward was very high on that setup with the aforementioned NSH forwards ready to pounce on a rebound and create an odd man rush the other way.

Just a poor choice by PK to hold onto the puck that long it being OT IMO.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I like how while Subban tried to drive the net and then turned away during his play in the offensive zone, the whole time Ribeiro was two-handing him and cross checking him which made him bobble the puck.

Forsberg takes a huge dive and the arm goes up immediately. You can't say there isn't an agenda against Subban. I wonder if Forsberg gets in trouble with the league for that dive?

Not a chance, wont even get looked at.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I don't understand people blaming Subban. He held on to the puck in OT which helped setup a scoring play and he was just unlucky that the puck hopped over his stick and he took a penalty.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
At the beginning of OT? We were only a minute thirty in at that point. He was globe trotting with his team mates standing watching him trying to hold their position. He blew it yes he did and if it was DD(im not a fan) people would blow a gasket.

So the strategy is to wait to the end of overtime to score?

You said it. Teammates standing.
Why are they standing?

I guess the coaches can't practise OT plays where PK is jiving.

No plays based around the best 2 way D in the league.

Gotcha.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
The problem with his play was that there were two NSH forwards up high by their own blueline because they were tracking PK dancing around with the puck up high. The rest of our forwards were stationery and were watching on that sequence.

It's true that MaxPac moved into an open space and got the shot off but the risk/reward was very high on that setup with the aforementioned NSH forwards ready to pounce on a rebound and create an odd man rush the other way.

Just a poor choice by PK in over time.

Not just that...but it seems like a lot of opposing teams know if they keep backchecking Subban enough, he'll eventually succumb to the pressure, he almost lost the puck in OT today but he held on to it (barely) and that tired him out a lot I'd imagine.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Christ almighty. Use 2 ****ing defensemen you got damn muppet. Really? You're worried about Price not being able to stop a point shot he'll most likely see? So you decide to leave a 2 on 1 down low. Such an idiot ****ing strategy, christ how can anyone like this coach. I don't get it.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...Subban ****ed up...yes, the refs gave Nashville a ton of slack while calling us tight (as happens all the time...we are a marked team), but the refs didn't lose that game for us, we were still the better team, imo...stupid penalties, stupid decisions, fluke bounces, and a braindead coach (as per usual) cost Carey his 41st tonite...

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Eller win faceoffs more than pleks? And why were they both on instead of ANY d man.

Eller was pretty terrible at the dot tonight.

I guess MT wanted two forwards to counter the one-timer on the point but didn't worked at all, it became a 2 on 1 a couple of feet from Price instead.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
I'm fine with Subban playing a high risk low reward game, I'll be the last to complain about it...when he does it in regulation. If he wants to pull that **** in OT he should just sit on the bench.

Had he played a little more conservative, he'd be in a better position to stop that bouncing puck because he'd have a few extra seconds to track it down and maybe even use his skate to stop it. He had no reaction time and he was probably (maybe) out of breath too.

I know what you mean that comes with Subban and it s as exciting as it s infuriating sometimes.
Thing is personally I d rather him try to do those plays and try to be a winner, after that I think it was just an unlucky bounce, yes maybe he would ve been in a better position, maybe he would ve been able to stop it , but also maybe not...and it wouldnt have changed anything...

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Jesus Christ, Subban didn't **** up. The puck hopped on him and he took a penalty to prevent a break away. That's the right play, for christ sake.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
...Subban ****ed up...yes, the refs gave Nashville a ton of slack while calling us tight (as happens all the time...we are a marked team), but the refs didn't lose that game for us, we were still the better team, imo...stupid penalties, stupid decisions, fluke bounces, and a braindead coach (as per usual) cost Carey his 41st tonite...

Subban shouldn't of tripped him. Forsberg vs. Price straight up is better odds than 4 on 3 OT

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Jesus Christ, Subban didn't **** up. The puck hopped on him and he took a penalty to prevent a break away. That's the right play, for christ sake.

I agree, I know it was his instinct to hook Forsberg but I'd rather take my chances on a breakaway against Price than a 2min 4on3.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

That is NOT what we're discussing (at least not myself).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad