Who would you rather have

• Ridly Greig

Votes: 43 47.8%
  • Maverick Bourque

Votes: 47 52.2%

• Total voters

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Bourque’s playoff performance probably has him ahead of Greig, but from a fit perspective I just love how much of a menace Greig is.

We love to talk about how much of a unicorn player Tkachuk is, but the vision, hands and foot speed of Greig with every ounce of nastiness Tkachuk brings is just a rare combination. Obviously he lacks Tkachuk’s size but Greig just screams future Senator brand hockey.

Bourque on a line with Jimmy and Cat is also sick. Both great prospects, Bourque is probably regarded as better for most but I think Greig is better for Ottawa.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's pretty close I'd say. Bourque is one of the highest IQ prospects out there and a brilliant playmaker while Greig feels like he's a very safe bet to at least be a good middle 6 guy at a minimum it feels like. He just looks like a NHLer right now who could fill a middle 6 spot with no problem.

I think Bourque has the higher potential, I mean his IQ and vision are just insane on the ice but his size and skating leave questions as to what his potential might be, otherwise he'd be a pretty easy choice. I'd imagine Greig will easily win this poll given the fact that most are watching him right now at the world juniors where he's playing very well.

Also just a heads up it's spelled as "Mavrik".

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Greig seems like the player that has the higher floor here...The other if he hits will be the better player

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
When did the Stars get good at drafting?

Bourque, Stankoven, Johnston are all legit Top line prospects lol

Also have Stranges and Dellandra who are pretty nice prospects. Dellandra was a pretty high pick, and the clock is ticking but he should be a top 9 player imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad