Rick Nash, "Slim Reaper?"

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Apologies mods if this is not thread worthy but I know Nash has a lot of fans around the league and in Canada.

Rick Nash was referenced in a question on Jeopardy! tonight but I seriously have no idea if the question and answer are actually correct.

Question: The NHL's Rick Nash is known as Slim this; well the hockey stick does look like a scythe (showing a picture of Nash in a Bruins uniform).

Answer: What is Slim Reaper?

In all of Nash's years with the Rangers I never heard him referred to as Slim Reaper. When I google those search terms the only things that come up are references to the Jeopardy! question.

Is Rick Nash the Slim Reaper or did Jeopardy! just pull a fast one?

For reference: The NHL's Rick Nash is known as The Slim this; well the hockey stick does look like a scythe - JeopardyAnswers.org

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I miss Alex Trebek. As a hockey fan I believe he would have checked this and had it corrected.

D3AA10EF-7311-4BD8-ADCA-461A7BCD022D.jpeg

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I miss Alex Trebek. As a hockey fan I believe he would have checked this and had it corrected.

View attachment 492867

Maybe. I don’t know if Trebek was a “I confidently know the nicknames of every NHL player” type of fan. And I think he’d have to be pretty sure the writers were wrong before he’d call them out on it. He’d be basically calling them incompetent.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Can you even imagine being an HFBoards level of hockey fan, making it onto Jeopardy, getting hit with a hockey question of all things, and having it turn out to be this bullshit?

To be honest, you don’t need to have any clue about hockey or Rick Nash to get it. You’re told it’s The Slim ______ and that the hockey stick looks like a scythe. What else could it be?

It was only a $400 question (second row, Single Jeopardy). It’s the sort of clue that’s more likely to be won by buzzer speed than knowledge.

DieselBoy

Mar 18, 2007
To be honest, you don’t need to have any clue about hockey or Rick Nash to get it. You’re told it’s The Slim ______ and that the hockey stick looks like a scythe. What else could it be?

It was only a $400 question (second row, Single Jeopardy). It’s the sort of clue that’s more likely to be won by buzzer speed than knowledge.

I would’ve failed miserably there. Uh… uh… what is the slim sheep shepherd.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Also a bit unrelated but a Rangers site that sells Rangers gear has one for Reaves that says Grim Reaver. Does anyone know if that's an actual nickname?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Also a bit unrelated but a Rangers site that sells Rangers gear has one for Reaves that says Grim Reaver. Does anyone know if that's an actual nickname?

I doubt it. I've only heard him been called Reavo by his teammates and coaches, and the fans.

Think the GrimReaver is just a WeBleedBlue thing for apparel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->