Value of: Retooling the Kings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
To make it clear....LA is moving Veteran players for youth and picks! Not change of scenery guys. Looking for 25 and younger skilled players. A RHD and 2C.

Players on the block (highest value top to bottom):

Quick
Carter
Martinez
Hagelin
Lewis
Clifford
Thompson
Phanuef

Less likely but for the right overpayment:

Muzzin
Toffoli

What are some realistic deals for these guys?

Edit: Not available: Kopitar, Doughty, Iafallo, Kempe, and prospects.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
To make it clear....LA is moving Veteran players for youth and picks! Not change of scenery guys. Looking for 25 and younger skilled players. A RHD and 2C.

Players on the block (highest value top to bottom):

Quick

What are some realistic deals for these guys?

:panthers

Grigori Denisenko (LW/RW, 18 years old) (2018 15th overall pick)

2019 3rd (EDM/NYI) OR Denis Malgin (C/RW, 21 years old)

James Reimer

for

:kings

Quick

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I’d be interested in Trevor Lewis. What’s his price in terms of picks? Lower end prospect & a mid-level Pick.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Why do you need Quick with Lou in net?

Not a deal to be made here. The prospect is decent but the rest is garbage. A GM would pay more than that for Quick

Luongo is pretty good when healthy but this could be his last year. He may be able to come back next year and play 20-25 games but he isn't playing beyond that.
Reimer has been either horrid or decent every 2/5 games.

Quick is 33 in 3 weeks and still has 4 years left on his deal. We all know his resume but the injuries have started to pile up. Looking for a better sweetener pick? defense prospect instead of forward?

member 88115

:panthers

Grigori Denisenko (LW/RW, 18 years old) (2018 15th overall pick)

2019 3rd (EDM/NYI) OR Denis Malgin (C/RW, 21 years old)

James Reimer

for

:kings

Quick
I actually like this offer. Though, i would want 2018 1st rounder. Can be top 10 protected. But would want a second rounder on the in either 2018 or 19 (can be opposite year the we get the 1st). We have not had much with Russians for some reason. Reimer seems like a great project for Ranford to work with and maybe flip in a later season

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I actually like this offer. Though, i would want 2018 1st rounder. Can be top 10 protected. But would want a second rounder on the in either 2018 or 19 (can be opposite year the we get the 1st). We have not had much with Russians for some reason. Reimer seems like a great project for Ranford to work with and maybe flip in a later season

We're into the 2019 draft now, so you're saying this is an agreed deal?

2019 1st (FLA) top 10 protected
2020 2nd
Reimer

I can live with that.

No Russians. Oil and water when it comes to L.A.

Does the 2019 1st interest you at all (top 10 protected though), becomes 2020 unconditional 1st if FLA protects 2019 pick.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

2020 2nd
Reimer

I can live with that.

Does the 2019 1st interest you at all (top 10 protected though), becomes 2020 unconditional 1st if FLA protects 2019 pick.

Would rather have Heponiemi+

Edit: I'm not into this charity case BS with goalies anymore. I don't want the Kings to even try and take on or flip Reimer. He has no value to this LA Kings team.

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Would rather have Heponiemi+

plussss.......? Reimer?

I wouldn't be opposed to Heponiemi if you're taking some salary back like Reimer or Pysyk/Bjugstad.
I like Hepo's skill but just worry about his size even in a softer NHL. We have playmakers in Huberdeau, Barkov, Dadonov and Borgstrom already.

Borgstrom > Tippett >= Heponiemi > Denisenko imo of our top 4 forward prospects

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Muzzin+Vilardi for Nylander

Sorry not moving Vilardi.

plussss.......? Reimer?

I wouldn't be opposed to Heponiemi if you're taking some salary back like Reimer or Pysyk/Bjugstad.
I like Hepo's skill but just worry about his size even in a softer NHL. We have playmakers in Huberdeau, Barkov, Dadonov and Borgstrom already.

Borgstrom > Tippett >= Heponiemi > Denisenko imo of our top 4 forward prospects

I'd rather get Heponiemi over Denisenko and I like Denisenko.

Heponiemi+Bjugstad+2020 Conditional 1st for Quick+2020 Conditional 3rd.

Conditions are:

Florida makes playoffs in 2020 they give up the first. If they don't make the playoffs they give up an unprotected 2021 1st. The 3rd will go to which ever 1st they lose

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008

2020 2nd
Reimer

I can live with that.

I could live with that deal.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Conditions are:

Florida makes playoffs in 2020 they give up the first. If they don't make the playoffs they give up an unprotected 2021 1st. The 3rd will go to which ever 1st they lose

No 1st added with Heponiemi, this kid is one of the top prospects outside the NHL. I'd do a conditional 2nd but not 1st.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Conditions are:

For Nylander? You absolutely 100% move Vilardi at this point....

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
For Nylander? You absolutely 100% move Vilardi at this point....

I'm not moving any of the young kids. They are being built around.

No 1st added with Heponiemi, this kid is one of the top prospects outside the NHL. I'd do a conditional 2nd but not 1st.

I'd do the Conditional 2nd but would want to add a lower prospect with it.

What does Suzuki, Brook, Romanov and Poehling get us?

LA and Montreal don't make good trading partners. They both need to keep their youth to build around. But if I'm LA, I'd be looking into Suzuki or Poehling. Maybe a deal around Muzzin with adds on either side.

Reactions: HOPE

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Los Angeles has done a great job drafting these past couple years. They should already have a strong centre core with drafting Vilardi, Kupari, Anderson-Dolan, and Thomas.

Toffoli should get a first/comparable prospect, Quick should get around the same, Muzzin as well. I think LA should be open to moving all three. It would open up some cap space and likely insure they spend a year or two bottom five giving them the best chance at a top three pick.

As for Carter I’m unsure because he came out saying he’d rather retire than be traded, though I’m sure there are some spots he wouldn’t mind going. If there is a perfect storm where they can get a good return and he’ll accept the trade I think they should do it. Same goes for Kovy I wonder what his value is around the league.

Keep around Kopitar, Doughty, and Brown as the leadership group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad