Proposal: Red Wings and Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

whajetfan

Nov 16, 2020
Likely to be shot down, pun intended. But KConnor is at his prime, I believe the Red Wings would love to take the homeboy home. I would trade him for Lucas Raymond (talented left-wing replacement ) and Filip Hronek (rwing dman 20 + min a night, who could pair alongside Morrisey, full time) tho FH has a high minus +/-stat but he was used a lot in a weaker red wing lineup and M Sieder has made him tradeable now.
I consider this simply because the Jets need an upgrade defensively and have been weak on the right side, well actually both sides.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
You’ll need to add the next 5 years of 1sts and yzermans 1st born child on top of what you offered

Reactions: BSHH

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Why would we trade the younger asset that has tons of control when Detroit isn’t even competing for the playoffs. Do people use their brains before posting?

Easy no from Detroit.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Why would we trade the younger asset that has tons of control when Detroit isn’t even competing for the playoffs. Do people use their brains before posting?

Easy no from Detroit.

Ya, it’s pretty easy to get top 5 goal scorers..

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It's a pretty easy no from both teams. A team potentially going through a re-tool won't get rid of a 25 year old player like Connor. A team that just went through are a rebuild, finally seeing pieces come together, will not be trading a 19 year old.

Reactions: snowkiddin

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Connor is great and I'd love to have him on the Wings but another winger doesn't solve our problems and Raymond isn't going anywhere.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Raymond seems to be on a good trajectory to become a very productive LW himself. Detroit desperately needs another top C and should invest their cap space for such player instead of a winger - albeit a very good one.

Gruß,
BSHH

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ah, it's Trouba all over again.

?

I don't think Detroit fans are waiting with baited breath for Connor to come to the Wings in 5 years...

By the same token - it makes very little sense for them to trade for him given the incredibly high price it would take.

One can say Detroit would be dumb to make a trade like this while also saying Connor is a fantastic player who the Jets should definitely not trade unless they get a king's ransom. Both things can be true.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I'm not trading Raymond alone or in a package for a forward unless a top-10 C is coming back in return.

It's not a bad trade, but the needs don't fit. Wings need C and D, they have decent scoring on the wing.

Reactions: BSHH

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Ya, it’s pretty easy to get top 5 goal scorers..

Never said it was. I am saying it doesn’t make sense for where Detroit is now to do it. Would rather keep the player that is much younger and is a great winger already battling for the Calder.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
How does trading younger players during a rebuild make sense when you are bringing in older players??? This trade doesn't make sense for either team.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
Yeah if I’m Detroit I’m not even trading Raymond straight across for Connor. If Connor wants to go home they can wait till he’s a free agent.
I wouldn't trade Connor for Raymond+++.
Connor will be a 35-50 goal scorer for the next 5-7 years. And if Perfetti continues to progress they'll be terrorizing the league in a couple of years.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think we can call this one done, no interest all around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad