RD Landon Dupont - Everett Silvertips, WHL (2027 Draft)

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Or the next Aron Kiviharju who peaks extremely early then drops off a bit closer to draft day.
I dont like talking about kids this young but since this forum loves to hype way too early I have to agree this is a very good comparison. Kid definitely has a knack for scoring but his defensive play is mediocre. Watched him in person last summer, but everyone is aware of the kid.

Keep in mind that most of the teams that his winter team plays against are not very competitive so his numbers are inflated, and dad is coaching so the kid gets all the ice time.

To end on a positive note, still a very talented and special player.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
You didn't? Well, you are welcome.

I think, i first learned about Micki Dupont from EA NHL games, like early 00's.

Yeah he was a high scoring d-man everywhere else except in the NHL.
I hope Landon becomes better what his father.

thanks from the video
Micki was no Greg Hawgood.

Now there was a high scoring Dman.

Ras6

Mar 14, 2023
Micki played his last years in Germanys first league. 2017 Landon already played against kids at least 2 years older and was topscorer. After Micki was ending his career in Europe, Landon played for Spartan Academy 2009 (some Footage on Instagram).

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Should note that he was recently given the classification of “Notable Prospect“ under Elite Prospects 2027 Draft portal.

Not that it surprises anyone who has seen him play, but is cool to see.

Reactions: WayneGretzky

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Helped his team finish 3rd at the World Youth Championships in Philly.

He lead the tournament in scoring for a defender, finished second on his team in scoring with 12 points in 8 games and was dynamic from start to finish.

This tournament was for 2008 born players.

Expect Landon Dupont to get HEAVY consideration for exceptional status next season.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

He lead the tournament in scoring for a defender, finished second on his team in scoring with 12 points in 8 games and was dynamic from start to finish.

Expect Landon Dupont to get HEAVY consideration for exceptional status next season.

He is 13... turns 15 after the 23-24 CHL season is over
he isn't drafted to the CHL yet

Or... what league you are talking about?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

Hard to put a player comp of Makar on a player especially this early but.....

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Is he the frontrunner for #1 in the 24 WHL draft?

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Will ge apply for exceptional status? Outside of Ekblad and Chychrun (USHL) I can’t remember any defenders apply recently

Chychrun wasn't granted exceptional status. Maybe you're thinking of Sean Day (OHL) or Tony DeAngelo who played in the USHL as a 15-year old.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
His combination of hands, skating, shot, confidence, topped off with his decent size is just nuts. If he can apply his IQ to defense as well as he applies it to offense, the sky is the limit. I was trying to stream that game last night, but they wanted $12 just to watch the one game, lol.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
He's Micki Dupont's kid?

That's insane to me. Makes me feel really old. Micki played for Kamloops in WHL during the late 90's. I grew up there. The Blazers were my life when I was a kid. It's definitely a random name, but he was my favorite player when I was little. One of the best offensive D that I've ever seen in the league

Sounds like his kid takes after him. I'll be keeping tabs on his progress

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He's Micki Dupont's kid?

That's insane to me. Makes me feel really old. Micki played for Kamloops in WHL during the late 90's. I grew up there. The Blazers were my life when I was a kid. It's definitely a random name, but he was my favorite player when I was little. One of the best offensive D that I've ever seen in the league

Sounds like his kid takes after him. I'll be keeping tabs on his progress

never got a real chance at NHL level, but he did become a star in Europe.

yeah Landon is a keeper

His combination of hands, skating, shot, confidence, topped off with his decent size is just nuts. If he can apply his IQ to defense as well as he applies it to offense, the sky is the limit. I was trying to stream that game last night, but they wanted $12 just to watch the one game, lol.

About 5 foot 10 at 14 is pretty big, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad