RD Harrison Brunicke - Kamloop Blazers, WHL (2024, 44th, PIT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019

South African who emigrated to Canada. Profile that corresponds to a drafted player.

Would be the first player from the African continent to be drafted.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
anyone watch this guy regularly? numbers aren't good but he looks intriguing visually.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Got himself an invite to the Top Prospects Game and it’s well deserved. Every time I catch a Blazers game, he has 3-4 shifts where he stands out, showing he has a chance to move up draft boards..

Smooth dman, who’s starting to drive play more and more, but also has a nice bite to his game. Well worth watching a few games if you like watching dmen who are starting to develop into quality prospects. Can he push his way into the 2nd or 3rd round? Maybe. We’ll see, but he has the size, and with his skating ability, he’s getting drafted. It’s just going to be where, and how far he climbs. Earlier in the season, people were saying 5th-6th round but keep an eye on him.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Didn't see too many Kamloops games recently bur whenever I did, this kid stood out. There are only so many big, physical righty defenders available in drafts so he's definitely gonna get picked. Been given a C ranking by Central Scouting but I feel like he could end up going earlier as well.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Pretty good hands on this kid. Haven't seen too many Blazers game since they're on the downswing but I'll have to keep a close eye on him.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It’s a fun novelty (his birthplace) but he moved to Canada at age 2. Seems he’s about as South African as Robyn Regehr is Brazilian.

Interestingly, his size (at least height and potential when fills out), hard-nosed game and rising draft stock his draft year despite not overly impressive offensive numbers seems to in some ways call back to Regehr.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I'm surprised he's getting so little attention. He has a pretty good overall package and while raw the upside is evident. I wonder how much of this draft class is behind developmentally due to covid. It could end up being a stronger draft than initial indications suggest.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'm surprised he's getting so little attention. He has a pretty good overall package and while raw the upside is evident. I wonder how much of this draft class is behind developmentally due to covid. It could end up being a stronger draft than initial indications suggest.
There are a bunch of these really solid looking blueliners that usually get ranked 33-64.

Brunicke, Colton Roberts, Spencer Gill, Tomas Lavoie, Lukas Fischer, Luca Marrelli. And the US kids like Kleber and Emery. Plus the Euro guys like Solberg and Pulkkinen. And Shuravin, too. A bunch of big, mobile, blueliners that all have different pros and cons but are all looking like really good pickups from about 30-50.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
There are a bunch of these really solid looking blueliners that usually get ranked 33-64.

Brunicke, Colton Roberts, Spencer Gill, Tomas Lavoie, Lukas Fischer, Luca Marrelli. And the US kids like Kleber and Emery. Plus the Euro guys like Solberg and Pulkkinen. And Shuravin, too. A bunch of big, mobile, blueliners that all have different pros and cons but are all looking like really good pickups from about 30-50.
I do like the looks of the D group in that range this year. I hadn't paid a lot of attention to this draft because I fully expected to have 0 picks in the top 100. Well lo and behold we didn't flush our 1st down the toilet this season so with a need for D prospects and the way the rankings are shaping up, swapping that 1st (even though i'm normally against that plan) for a couple 2nds or 2nd and 3rd is enticing.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I would not call Kleber mobile.

Reactions: 95snipes

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

+ Elick and Badinka 2 more righties depending on the source

Reactions: TK 421

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I wonder if Dallas will pick him up at 29. Gagliardi owns both the Stars and Blazers and has shown preference for Blazers players being drafted by Dallas. Wanted Stankoven over Johnston in 2021 (even though they got both). Fits a long term need of a RD

Harley - Heiskanen
Bichsel - Brunicke?

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad