Line Combos: Rate this Leafs trade out of 10 (Hronek)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Improved how exactly? He's not gifted offensively, can't run a powerplay, doesn't have a bomb from the point. We won't even get into defensively because that's his major flaws. So what exactly has he improved on according to you? his +/-? in the regular season? Because that's the only thing that's changed...
The joke is the best our pp looked all year had him at the point he's flawed defensively by what metrics/standard the only thing I'll. Say is he needs to get stronger otherwise

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
To VAN:
2024 First Round Pick
Timothy Liljegren
Nick Robertson

To TOR:
Filip Hronek

Rationale for VAN:
They likely try to re-sign him but will tap out at his current ask. They put him in a position to increase his value and get a package that is worth more than what they paid for him. Robertson hurts to lose because I see a future 20 goal scorer but the loss will hurt less when we give McMann a full season and have Cowan waiting in the wings. Lilly has not progressed enough to command a top 4 role so I think it is time to move on from him.

Rationale for TOR:
We've longed for that RHD for forever so let's acquire one now. Hronek has a good shot from the point, which we lack, and can facilitate the offence in transition. He is still pretty young for dman. The Leafs can offer a hefty signing bonus to get the AAV down a bit. He became a legitimate #2/#3 in Vancouver.

What say you? Is that enough for Hronek? Too much?

Welcome your views.

Vancouver peobably sees themselves as contenders now.

So my guess is they would prefer to trade Hronek for a better roster player than the pick and depth role players offered here. The value is probably fair. But what you're offering would be good for a team on their way down.

If Vancouver trades Hronek my guess is that it'll be for a proven top six forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad