Injury Report: Rasmussen takes shot to knee, out indefinitely

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
The reactions in here seem... misplaced?

Indefinitely means "unspecified". That could TECHNICALLY mean he comes back next game.

But more to my actual point: He got hit by a puck in the leg. Is there anyone in the history of hockey that has had a career ending injury from that? What is the most serious injury in the history of hockey that is the result of a puck hitting a non-critical organ? It is much more likely that it is a painful bruise with no real damage than something that effects his career long term.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOtherOne

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
The reactions in here seems... misplaced?

Indefinitely means "unspecified". That could TECHNICALLY mean he comes back next game.

But more to my actual point: He got hit by a puck in the leg. Is there anyone in the history of hockey that has had a career ending injury from that? What is the most serious injury in the history of hockey that is the result of a puck hitting a non-critical organ? It is much more likely that it is a painful bruise with no real damage than something that effects his career long term.
That's what I was thinking. I guess we're so used to not having nice things that we feel like the second we take a wild card slot it needs to be offset by a career ending injury?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
They were forming a strong line. Hopefully it is not too serious.

I would venture he is missing at least 15-20 games. Lalonde basically said the same thing he said when Zadina was out and that was over 2 months.

I agree, he will be back, but being out indefinitely is the teams way of saying a long time. If he could come back soon, they would say day to day or week to week.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

In some cases they usually won't publish any timetable, because they don't know is there a fracture or not. Have to take MRI first.

Have a fracture and Rasmussen is out for 8 weeks. If it's only swolling, then it could be faster rehab.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I agree, he will be back, but being out indefinitely is the teams way of saying a long time. If he could come back soon, they would say day to day or week to week.
Or they're still getting multiple medical opinions or otherwise evaluating it. Depending on what's going on, they might even need to get past the first few days of swelling before a clear diagnosis can be made.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
T. van Riemsdyk broke his kneecap a couple of years ago and he was out 3-4 months, This sucks.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
A real bummer. Ras was really starting to come into his own. Hoping for some good news today/tomorrow.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Who are we slotting in to take his place?
Probably Berggren for ES and maybe Joe or someone else for the PK.

I really hope they don't do something dumb like call up Erne, cuz big body.

As for active roster, Raymond. And the rotation continues.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
kinda sucks. enjoyed his slow but steady development.
hopefully its not as bad as it looked but i doubt it.

well, Vrana or Zadina - a body dropped (i know its a C dont matter) so here's your time to find a spot if you want it and help make the push.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I would try Zadina on PK, I think with his defensive instincts he would be pretty good trying to replace Rass

Zadina has not been used at PK at all.

Last 15 games, PK averages:
1. Copp 2:24min
(2. Rasmussen 1:55min)
3. Larkin 1:42min
4, Suter 1:36min
(5. Erne 1:26min)
6. Sundqvist 0:26min

Quite sure the extra role falls on Sundqvist. Suter, Copp and Larkin have been the PK regulars.

Copp - Larkin
Suter - Sundqvist

1878rgw

Jun 29, 2017

Search for compartment syndrome.
A guy in the Austrian league was close to lose his leg.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Search for compartment syndrome.
A guy in the Austrian league was close to lose his leg.
Ok, that is a good answer and it is something.

But, in reading a little bit about past instances of it, it sounds like people (Ryan Johansen, Christian Djoos):
1. Have immediate life threatening symptoms and life saving surgery. There is no indication whatsoever that Ras has gone through that.
2. Have gone on to continue their careers.

So to the point: The speculation that Rasmussen is potentially facing a career threatening injury from a leg boo-boo is an absurd conclusion to jump to.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad