Ranking the Calgary Flames Prospects, #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Because we are evaluating prospects, that logic shouldn't always apply. Bennett is not the #2 prospect because of how good he is at the professional level right now. It is because he should be extremely good soon.

This evaluation is more than saying which prospect is currently better at hockey. Yes, Jankowski is not as complete as Arnold right now, but it's up to us to assess how likely it is to stay that way.

Umm..

Bennet put up 91 pts in 57 games in the OHL as a 17 year old.

Jankowski put up 57 points in 41 games in Quebec high school... How can you possibly use those as comparables?

Bennett is in a different universe than Jankowski. Bennett is better AND younger. it's not even close.

I never said you should only look at how good a player is right now.. It's definitely only part of the equation. But Jankowski hasn't done enough in his career to prove he is going to be as good as Reinhart, Granlund, Wotherspoon, or Ortio. Those players have just had more success at the same age as Jank. There isn't much of a debate in that. I would love for him to show he's going to be a stud but it hasn't happened yet.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Umm.. not sure aboot your numbers, bolded is what Janko did in his draft year
Those numbers are not accurate from what I can see. His final season at Stanstead was split between 2 leagues, the CAHS and the MPHL. He put up a total of 50 goals and 87 points in 54 games.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Those numbers are not accurate from what I can see. His final season at Stanstead was split between 2 leagues, the CAHS and the MPHL. He put up a total of 50 goals and 87 points in 54 games.

yeah ok I see that now, my bad... but still haha nothing eye popping like what even is the MPHL? Definitely not the OHL

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
His best season offensively was 25 points in 39 games... That doesn't exactly scream NHL player. I know he is known for his two-way game, but so is Bill Arnold (36 pts in 42 games as a sophomore) and he gets no love.

He plays in a defensive system. No one on Providence put up big point totals. Listen to his coach talk about him. Or hell, watch some games rather than spewing out stat lines. Hes consistantly the best player on the ice, on penalty kill, on powerplay... out in third period, whether up a goal or down a goal. Plays most important minutes. Improving in faceoffs. Everyone knows he has a great offensive IQ. Im not worried about the points.

Lets not forget, a lot of people thought he outplayed Monahan at last year's development camp as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad