2. Sam Bennett (60.53%)
3. Sven Baertschi (90.47%)
4. Emile Poirier (52.73%)
5. Morgan Klimchuk (53.45%)
6. Markus Granlund (37.84%)
7. Jon Gillies (36.84%)
8. Mark Jankowski (43.66%)
9. Tyler Wotherspoon (56.52%)

We do have to go through this vote for #10 rather than just assuming Max Reinhart, because it's not a given that all of the voters for Wotherspoon would have Reinhart next on their list.

Last edited:

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
Insane if Ortio isn't in top10. Of course tells something about Flames's prospect pool, but at the same time I just think that Ortio should be there. So voted for him, third time in a row.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
I think my issue is Reinhart keeps being used like a third liner when he could have top six upside, while Ortio could be a legit good starter.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
@ MonahanForCalder^ Probably because this explanation by Anglesmith makes perfect sense... It's highly likely Reinhart will win this poll, but it's not a guarantee!

We do have to go through this vote for #10 rather than just assuming Max Reinhart, because it's not a given that all of the voters for Wotherspoon would have Reinhart next on their list.

I'm going with Sieloff. I believe (due to injury) he is our most underrated prospect.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Insane if Ortio isn't in top10. Of course tells something about Flames's prospect pool, but at the same time I just think that Ortio should be there. So voted for him, third time in a row.

I have Ortio over Gillies but, and I think most would agree, the prospects from 6th to 12th (assuming Reinhart goes 10th, Ortio 11th and Sieloff 12th) are all pretty close, if not virtually on the same level.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
I have Ortio over Gillies but, and I think most would agree, the prospects from 6th to 12th (assuming Reinhart goes 10th, Ortio 11th and Sieloff 12th) are all pretty close, if not virtually on the same level.

Yeah. But in my opinion Ortio was great last year, and Reinhart was too. But I see more upside in Ortio, because I know what he has done here in Finland to make it so far. His technique is great, he has gained a lot of important knowlegde from his coach and he is going to follow the footsteps of Kipper (also Hurme, Niittymäki & Norrena were the goalies who were coached by Finland's most known goalie coach Urpo Ylönen). Now he just have to grow mentally couple of steps and I see him as a NHL-goalie. He's still very young, I am as optimistic of him as Kipper were when they drafted him.

In last two years I've seen these polls of Flames's top prospects and every year I have had Ortio higher than where he has ended up. And every year he climbs higher and higher. It could be coincidence but I just like him as a prospect and not only because he's a Finn. I just think that if he can get higher level mentally and sharpen some parts of his goaltending, he'd be great player to have in Flames. And as I said, I'm optimistic. I know that "Ortsa" is very relaxed and funny guy outside the rink.

Last edited:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Yeah. But in my opinion Ortio was great last year, and Reinhart was too. But I see more upside in Ortio, because I know what he has done here in Finland to make it so far. His technique is great, he has gained a lot of important knowlegde from his coach and he is going to follow the footsteps of Kipper (also Hurme, Niittymäki & Norrena were the goalies who were coached by Finland's most known goalie coach Urpo Ylönen). Now he just have to grow mentally couple of steps and I see him as a NHL-goalie. He's still very young, I am as optimistic of him as Kipper were when they drafted him.

You mean SJ right?

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014

I actually have Knight, Agostino and Arnold ahead of Sieloff.. but yeah, I think most would agree that prospects 12 to about 17 or 18 are virtually interchangeable in any order.

That said, I'll easily take Reinhart here, seeing as I have him ranked as our 7th best (most valuable) prospect.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Add Sena Acolatse, he is only 23.

for those who know nothing about him

Ht: 6'0" Wt: 210lbs
Sh: R Age: 23

Just a summary of what I found online, especially HF and elite prospects and theahl.com

He spent 3 years with Worcester as a member of the Sharks organization and amassed 17 goals, 42 assists and 217 PIM in 157 games. He skates well, has a solid shot and plays a mean game. While his defensive game needs work it is also not horrible. His offensve game was thought to be his strength when the Sharks signed him as an undrafted UFA, but honestly I am not sure as to why since he never put up outstanding offensive numbers in junior either with the exception of his 19 year old season when he nearly doubled his production. Prior to last season he was projected to be a future 4-5 defenseman and was thought to have an outside shot at making the Sharks in 13-14.

By all accounts he was a promising prospect. Then he played only 41 games. I am not sure what kind of injury he had but he missed almost 2 months at the end of the year.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
the next guys for me are: Ortio, Reinhart, Arnold, Agostino, Sieloff, McDonald, Ferland, Culkin, Kulak, Kanzig (good thing Culkin is spelt with a "C"), Smith, Hickey.

We have over 20 good prospects. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad