Rank the CBJ goalies past and present

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
This is about the history of our franchise. I commented on Bob. Have no idea where you were going with this. I didn't state what I thought of our situation moving forward, therefore you critique is completely meaningless. The depression comment was on the history, not the current state. Should have been obvious if it wasn't to you. I have no idea what assumptions were going around up in the head of yours. Whatever they are seem to be dead wrong. If you got from my post that I thought the future was a depressing thought, that is a total lack of critical thinking on your part.

But thanks for playing. Perhaps next time you should ask my opinion on a topic, in this case Bob and the future, before you write things like this.

Oh, I will make one more statement. That Vezina is meaningless (not to Bob or his agent, but to me personally). It has, in my mind, an asterisk. Call me again when he's won it during a full season. Half a season a real Vezina does not make. That has no reflection on what kind of player I think he is or what I think he'll be long term. It is a statement that I think using his Vezina is disingenuous. I think Bob is a great goalie, but he is not in the class of the elite in this league. Not yet.

Forget it; I'll give you my thoughts, even though it isn't the point of this thread. Bob is ranked number 1 - the rest? Who the hell cares. He's not consistent enough, yet, for serious Vezina consideration. He could easily turn that around at any time. I'm waiting on it. He is one of the hardest working goaltenders out there and he has the tools. It is up to him to put it all together and move from great goaltender to elite. Until he can pull that together for a year, I hate spending the money on him we are going to. It could leave us very vulnerable for years. Sure we can make the playoffs, and if the team gets good enough it will hid Bob's small short comings. But it could impact our playoff seeding and thus affecting our runs in the playoffs. He's a great teammate and seems to be a great guy. I want him to become a future HoF'er here in Columbus. I hope he can get to that next level.
Did I not ask you a question on the topic about your viewpoint?

Chill out man. I wasn't coming at you or attacking you/your opinion with my post :)

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
This was before I became a hardcore fan. Could someone tell me this story and the Norrena breakup that was so messy?

Dwayne Roloson issue was that he didn't want to play for an expansion team. From What I remember, Norrena's problem was that he was the odd man out. Mason was called up and playing well, and Lecaire was playing pretty good (when healthy).
To add to this, I think Columbus wanted to send him to the AHL(had to clear waivers, all assumed he was going to get claimed). But he cleared and he refused to report(at his age and where his career was it, didn't want to be in the minors). Both parties agreed to have his contract terminated. Minute it did, he signed in Europe.

Apparently they had players signing a flag or something to auction it off for charity. When some guy saw Norrena on his way out, they asked him to sign it. Norrena picked up the pen/sharpie and was about to sign it but instead dropped the pen and walked off.

I also want to say that he did write on the board, wishing his former teammates good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad