Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Golden Knights 10/31

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3 Stars

• Zuccarello

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Staal

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Hayes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McDonagh

• Buchnevich

Votes: 83 83.0%
  • Fast

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Desharnais

• Kreider

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Lundqvist

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Smith

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Grabner

• Zibanejad

Votes: 91 91.0%
  • Nash

• Skjei

• Shattenkirk

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Nieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Miller

• Kampfer

• Vesey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
few things.

hank was a friggin stud last night. dude was standing on his head. he cares. i love that about the guy. he really cares.

can we finally give props to the Zman. he's so solid all around. face-off monster last night plus offensive catalyst. that entire line was dominant.

the defense still gives me seizures. smith was putrid last night. and wtf is wrong with 27 ? he just goes full on dumbass when he's got the puck in the Ozone. geez. just play defense. so sick of seeing him shoot it into someones shins.

until the 3rd period, the team was mostly atrocious. fortunately, we had a tired opponent and a newbie tender.

AV should be fired for playing kamfer with 27 on the 1st pair and continuing to spoon feed us horrible heaping portions of ryan mcdonagh on the pp point. u cannot make this stuff up.

Reactions: LeetchisGod and Ola

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Yeah, I dont get it. Get dominated for large stretches and light up a 4th string goalie in the third and he keeps his job?

I was disappointed at the win. I felt there was SOME chance he would be gone if we lost. Now he gets another 3 or 4 games to suck life from the team.

Lightning will eat us alive.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think we should recall Pionk and play him with McD. It was naive to think that a LHS could handle that role. TDA is a work in progress. Pionk is better than Kampfer, who in all honesty probably is the best option there right now...

McD-Pionk
Skjei-Smith/Holden/Kampf
Staal-Shatty

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I`m not sure if AV will be here long this season - I can`t remember last time we played a 60 min. game. And it will be very difficult to get any pts. in Tampa in two days.

Tampa is going to be very tough but their defense is certainly penetrable as is their goaltender. Hedman is not on his game right now, and Dotchin has not been good at all. They will likely get the KZB assignment. Tampa has 4 lines that can score, well 3 lines and a rotating duo with Killorn and Johnson. They have a very dangerous PP. Stay out of the box and think they can beat them at ES. Tampa's offensive numbers have a lot to do with their PP success. As you know Tampa relies on their speed, if the Rangers can clog the neutral zone and be physical can slow them down. If you Look at that Anaheim game they were able to slow them down and forced Tampa to play their game. Result was a 4-1 loss.

I am expecting a very high scoring game similar to last night.............Now watch a 1-1 game happen with a SO decision in the end. lol

Reactions: Ori

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
if it comes down to matchups and coaching, we lose.

talent wise, were closer than most here believe.

i think hanky is close to getting his groove back

AV needs to go

Reactions: Mac n Gs

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
IIRC, wasn't that also due to a power struggle between him and Neil Smith?

Yeah that was the main beef.

But decisions such as the Keenan firing after a Stanley cup still have to be discussed among the layers of the then management.

They decided to go with Smith and say peace to Keenan.

A recent example would be trading your captain in a Stanley cup run because he wanted one more year at slightly less per year [not saying hey shouldn’t have traded Callahan].

I just used Keenan because he was a coach, but RangersTown™ has a plethora of historical cold as ice decisions, so my point still is that they won’t hesitate to can AV even if he finds the cure for cancer if it helps the bottom line.

Dolan would sell the Rangers if I helped his band get a Grammy.

Reactions: Petey Pucks

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I think we should recall Pionk and play him with McD. It was naive to think that a LHS could handle that role. TDA is a work in progress. Pionk is better than Kampfer, who in all honesty probably is the best option there right now...

McD-Pionk
Skjei-Smith/Holden/Kampf
Staal-Shatty

I would like it too, but let's be honest there is a 99% chance Pionk will get the exact same treatment as DeAngelo.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tampa's lines at practice...

Namestnikov-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Point-Gourde
Kunitz-Johnson-Callahan
Killorn-Dumont-Brown

Hey is it possible to get a pre-game thread for tomorrow game? Don't want to step on anyone's toes, lol.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
McDonagh must be nursing some sort of injury

Dude takes a maintenance day after every game it seems

He is not at practice? I hate these maintenance days. It can be something minor, but it also means he may not be 100 percent.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Still not a great game played.

But damn that comeback was fun. Nice that the players acknowledged their passion for the city as well. It feels good as a fan.

Yeah, I dont think they played to save AV at all. They played their hearts out for the city and it was beautiful to watch in the 3rd.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Miller and Hayes need to be away from each other. What I think needs to happen and will eventually occur is that Nash will get dealt, and Chytil will be promoted and slot in between Miller and Zucc. Hayes will center Vesey and Fast, and the 4th line will be Nieves/DD/Grabner.

Poor Kevin Hayes....................

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Or maybe the arm chair stats measured the KZBs later production incorrectly which was witnessed by the line and overall offense cooling off drastically.

Jesus.

Nobel prize winners revise their math more than you guys.

Also, Buch hurt his back and Zibs had a long term fracture.

Straight up wrong. That line was fire for like 4-5 games in the beginning of last year. AV didn't like how they looked defensively, and he never put it together again.

This year he started with it, and then broke it up... maybe BigNuts is learning to stop trying to make everything better and just go with what's working

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Av breaks it up for 1 simple reason.

All the other lines suck(ed)...his way of fixing things is..well..these 3 guys are playing awesome...The rest of them suck...ill move them away to get other guys going.

he does it with the defensive pairs too.

Girardi sucks..Staal sucks...solution? Pair them with our 2 best defenseman (McD for Girardi, Shattenkirk for Staal...to be fair, Staal has been fine this year).

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, I dont get it. Get dominated for large stretches and light up a 4th string goalie in the third and he keeps his job?

I was disappointed at the win. I felt there was SOME chance he would be gone if we lost. Now he gets another 3 or 4 games to suck life from the team.

Lightning will eat us alive.
If anything from history teaches me, they will win 2-3 of the next games and become relevant again.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Av breaks it up for 1 simple reason.

All the other lines suck(ed)...his way of fixing things is..well..these 3 guys are playing awesome...The rest of them suck...ill move them away to get other guys going.

he does it with the defensive pairs too.

Girardi sucks..Staal sucks...solution? Pair them with our 2 best defenseman (McD for Girardi, Shattenkirk for Staal...to be fair, Staal has been fine this year).

Not in this case. Otherwise Buch wouldn't wind up on the 4th line.

As I recall at the start of the season KZB line was generating opportunities but not converting other than Ziba on PP. Then they had one pedestrian game (more like 2 periods, really) and AV decided to teach them (read Buchnevich) a "lesson". TBF, Buch has been very involved every game since but the issue is when he has another subpar game AV will likely break-up this line again...

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Not in this case. Otherwise Buch wouldn't wind up on the 4th line.

As I recall at the start of the season KZB line was generating opportunities but not converting other than Ziba on PP. Then they had one pedestrian game (more like 2 periods, really) and AV decided to teach them (read Buchnevich) a "lesson". TBF, Buch has been very involved every game since but the issue is when he has another subpar game AV will likely break-up this line again...

Kovalev had his best season as a Ranger when Keenan rode his ass hard, and although talented , Buchnevich has a way lower ceiling than Kovalev.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Sadly, AV was handed the team on a silver platter after a finals appearance

Wait… the Rangers brought in a coach who at that time, had recently brought another team to the finals to replace the then standing coach who had won a cup almost a decade before on a different team yet couldn’t get this one into the finals ?

By that logic , Roger Nielsen really won the cup for the Rangers in 94.

And in regard to my “oh my god mental patient pls” assertion that nearly everyone was playing horribly for the first month, it wasn’t exactly crop circle terrority.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac n Gs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad