Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
i feel like "Carolina Urine Cakes" has more of the right rhythm to it. syllabically, musically, etc.
Come on now, we are better than that. How about just lessening the category? Calling them the Carolina Tropical Storms, or even MUCH BETTER yet.........the Carolina Tropical Depressions? Yeah, that's it! Bingo! Going to be really depressing for them to lose to a team that sucks, or is on the, well you know. This coming from someone that lives in South Florida, where Hurricanes are a thing.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
It was a 100% douchebag move and nobody hates the Isles more than me. They did play hard and Carolina was lucky to win that series in 5. Instead of being classy they feel the need to go out of their way to rub it in. Arrogant, obnoxious, classless, whiny, bunch of crybabies up and down that organization. I can't stand them.
I’m glad people are starting to hate Carolina, from social media to their play on the ice, that whole organization is probably the most detestable organization in the entire league.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I’m glad people are starting to hate Carolina, from social media to their play on the ice, that whole organization is probably the most detestable organization in the entire league.

The way they operate caters to assholes and people who need to log off social media. I dont know much about NC but if that's what the Canes fans who live there are into, screw them.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Was thinking the same thing in the event a game 7 was on Sunday and a game 1 in this series started.

I dont think they would do that though, which is why they are waiting to release the schedule.

I think starting this series on Sunday favors the Rangers given the cadence of the time off, plus some of the injuries on the Canes, specifically Pesce. Dont want to give them an extra day or two

So we need to root for the remaining series' to be closed out - specifically Dallas/Vegas and Van/Nash whos game 7s are scheduled for 5/5

The longer the wait, the better. Fox being able to rest his knee without making it worse by playing is an unappreciated benefit that will pay major dividends if the Rangers clear past the Canes. Same with Chytil - not needing him in R1 and then getting a long break gives him a couple extra weeks off, so he's not being rushed from a concussion just because the playoffs started. I'm sure other players don't mind nursing their bruises.

The longer the break, the better. Let's hope there are G7s happening through the weekend, so our R2 doesn't begin until Monday or Tuesday.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Me too. They don't have enough players to concentrate on our big guns AND players like Laf and KK.
Hell, I'd be surprised if Cuylle or Wennberg didn't come up big. Takes 4 lines and we have that.
Always felt that if the Rangers do win a Cup, its necessary that one of these two and/or Chytil will need to shine for that to happen.

If Mika, Kreids and Bread are going and Trocheck is doing his thing this team is dangerous regardless. But if one of the youngens steps up and is a real difference maker/game breaker then the team becomes incredibly difficult to beat - because the production will be coming mainly 5 on 5.

Like if Kakko suddenly became TPS Kakko, forget it. (Not saying that will ever happen though, but it would be nice lol)

Reactions: Larrybiv

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The way they operate caters to assholes and people who need to log off social media. I dont know much about NC but if that's what the Canes fans who live there are into, screw them.

That particular demographic is growing at an alarming rate, so it's actually a pretty solid marketing strategy.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Rangers staff constructed a few set plays off of the faceoff and on the PP that really confused Washington.

I imagine they'll cook up stuff for Carolina too.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The longer the wait, the better. Fox being able to rest his knee without making it worse by playing is an unappreciated benefit that will pay major dividends if the Rangers clear past the Canes. Same with Chytil - not needing him in R1 and then getting a long break gives him a couple extra weeks off, so he's not being rushed from a concussion just because the playoffs started. I'm sure other players don't mind nursing their bruises.

The longer the break, the better. Let's hope there are G7s happening through the weekend, so our R2 doesn't begin until Monday or Tuesday.
I totally get that, happy for them. But, I have to be honest, I am already going through PO withdrawals. These other games aren't doing it for me. Seems like it's been 2 weeks when in reality it's only been since Sunday. I'm freakin' itchin', lol.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
It was a 100% douchebag move and nobody hates the Isles more than me. They did play hard and Carolina was lucky to win that series in 5. Instead of being classy they feel the need to go out of their way to rub it in. Arrogant, obnoxious, classless, whiny, bunch of crybabies up and down that organization. I can't stand them.
Carolina was one of the first to kinda get cheeky on their social media accounts and people thought it was funny at first and now it's mostly mean spirited and shitty posting

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Carolina was one of the first to kinda get cheeky on their social media accounts and people thought it was funny at first and now it's mostly mean spirited and shitty posting
This is what happens when there are no consequences for your actions. People hide behind a screen and mouth off to people because nothing will happen. Sad thing is, i feel like Carolina prides themselves on that shit which says a lot about the organization. I read somewhere that they have lots of upcoming free agents? Let's ruin their entire life and send them home and force them into a retool. Just something about this team that i really hate

Reactions: egelband

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
It's pejorative because 'rag' is slang for a women's hygiene product.
I'll say, okay, we ARE the "rags" and we will wipe the floor with the hurricanes.

Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know if a second-round series can start before all of the first-round series are completed?
I heard that most people were saying the series will start on Sunday. I checked the NHL website schedule and we are not on Sunday's game list.

Reactions: Lone Ranger

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I briefly visited the Canes forum.

"I’m feeling Canes in 6. If we can shut down their PP, it could be over sooner, but missing Fast is going to make that more difficult."

So basically Carolina winnning in 5 or less is certain. Also, injuring Rempe should be a priority and targeting his knees seems to be the way to do it. Additionally l, Chytil should go to the morgue. Also (and quite ironically, coming from those same people) Rangers have the most despicable fan base of all teams in the NHL.

They really are insufferable. Just sweep those morons. I know it is unlikely, but just do it.
Every fanbase thinks every other fanbase is filled with aholes.

Why any fan gives a rat's ass about another fanbase is a mystery.

High volume shots to the outside actually favors Igor's game as he seems to have a ridiculous win and save percentage when eating over 40 shots in a game.

Wouldn't that be the same for every goaltender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad