Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
This is starting to remind me of the discussions about Vegas circumventing the cap.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Someone else said it, but this could be the Hurricanes last stand. They have a lot of free agents upcoming, including their coach. Could potentially see them take a step back next season and beyond.
Which in and of itself is a relatively scary thing coming from our side. It's like win or go home when faced with elimination. its WHY winning a 4th game is the most difficult. A team throws the barn at you. That's possibly what Carolina will do. KNOWING the definite possibilities of NOT playing alongside a teammate OR not plaing for Rod anymore. One and done.
if they win it all, do they sign just about everybody? Or, do they dismantle anyway? Prob in the middle somewhere, getting their most needed core players signed, win or lose.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
And that's why you get physical with them and bully them. They can't do anything about it and if they try to, you knock someone out of the game. Simple as that. We are the bigger team, use it as our advantage.

I’ll go out and say that I don’t condone going out and sigenthaller’ing anyone.

Except Aho who has one owed to him. Had he just manned up instead of hiding behind Svechnikov I would have probably let it go but that guy has a balance he hasn’t paid off yet. Plus he’s just a slimy weasel who won’t do anything. He got manhandled by Jack Hughes.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
has anyone re-watched the games yet?

the live view gave me a mixed feeling on Lafreniere's play. id also want to look at the shift charts again to see how his 5v5 opportunities were less plentiful and might have contributed to lack of rhythm.

I know he put up 1apg, and that his physicality took a main caps Dman out of the series (on a play that led to a beautiful goal). also yes it's not fair to single out specific players. but did his play against wash leave anyone else wanting..a bit more?

i'm totally open here to disagreement.
I'll bite. Seemed to me he was a little "off his game". Getting physical was a way for him to contribute. Opening round jitters? I dunno. He'll be much better vs Canes as I think Panarin will be. Panarin and Trochek goes, Laf will get the easy ones. Just has to put it in the dang net.

Reactions: noncents

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
I’ll go out and say that I don’t condone going out and sigenthaller’ing anyone.

Except Aho who has one owed to him. Had he just manned up instead of hiding behind Svechnikov I would have probably let it go but that guy has a balance he hasn’t paid off yet. Plus he’s just a slimy weasel who won’t do anything. He got manhandled by Jack Hughes.
It's the playoffs. I'm not saying go out there and kill someone but let them know were not f***ing around. Aho would be a nice target

It's pejorative because 'rag' is slang for a women's hygiene product.
Which is why i have no clue how anybody can think Rag is Rangers for short. Makes no sense

OriginalLimbo

May 27, 2019
It's not the word, it's where it comes from.

It is definitely a Devils thing.
Yup, there is a different sports board that I frequent that has an interesting cross sectional fan base from every local NHL team. Most are relatively cool with some decent hockey talk. But that word is spewed out often by the morons. And not by the NYI or PHI fans…

Any reason to be worried about this?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

He'll be out there but I think it's clear that the original Aho knee wasn't something that he was healed back 100% from and that the Jensen(?) knee aggravated it

Or I guess just the Jensen knee might have been enough by itself. Someone mentioned Fox was wearing a knee brace in a post game video late in the season.

but he'll be out there and he'll be good.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yup, there is a different sports board that I frequent that has an interesting cross sectional fan base from every local NHL team. Most are relatively cool with some decent hockey talk. But that word is spewed out often by the morons. And not by the NYI or PHI fans…

Any reason to be worried about this?

Im not worried about Fox but im also not not worried. He has taken a dirty hit to both knees this season.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Carolina's whole organization is a bunch of whiney entitled bitches. Look at how their team twitter account reacted to winning a 1st round series. Absolutely classless. In a league that puts an alleged premium on class (handsake line, an end of season award dedicated to it, etc.) its no surprise to see them piss all over it. Par for the course.
It was a 100% douchebag move and nobody hates the Isles more than me. They did play hard and Carolina was lucky to win that series in 5. Instead of being classy they feel the need to go out of their way to rub it in. Arrogant, obnoxious, classless, whiny, bunch of crybabies up and down that organization. I can't stand them.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
No more easy shit now. We go immediately into one of the most dangerous teams left.

Obviously I still like our chances better. Their G needs to step up big time.

LGR!

PS: I didn't have much time watching, is the "horrifying act of violence" an actual quote from this past series or season, or just us shit-talking? :D

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
No more easy shit now. We go immediately into one of the most dangerous teams left.

Obviously I still like our chances better. Their G needs to step up big time.

LGR!

PS: I didn't have much time watching, is the "horrifying act of violence" an actual quote from this past series or season, or just us shit-talking? :D
it's a quote from the post Wilson/Panarin league notice. we're kind of mocking ourselves with it

Reactions: NYRFANMANI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3