Series Talk: Rangers vs. Carolina (Game 1, Sunday May 5th @ 4pm ET, ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Admins opened that door years ago. A decision I still to this day STRONGLY disagree with. Use that shit on this board, though, and watch what happens.
I agree, this is meant to be a hockey discussion board. There is Reddit for the 14 year olds.
Why they allowed it, I don’t understand.

Or simply loo-k at the logo
Is the flush going clockwise or counterclockwise?

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I just hope Lav and staff don't shoot ourselves in the foot by reverting to Trouba and Miller and playing them against the Aho lime.

High volume shots to the outside actually favors Igor's game as he seems to have a ridiculous win and save percentage when eating over 40 shots in a game.

Washington was the perfect round 1 to reinforce patience. That same patience will be needed against Carolina. Get ahead and let Carolina overpress.

Lone Ranger

Jan 31, 2009
New York
Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know if a second-round series can start before all of the first-round series are completed?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know if a second-round series can start before all of the first-round series are completed?
Was thinking the same thing in the event a game 7 was on Sunday and a game 1 in this series started.

I dont think they would do that though, which is why they are waiting to release the schedule.

I think starting this series on Sunday favors the Rangers given the cadence of the time off, plus some of the injuries on the Canes, specifically Pesce. Dont want to give them an extra day or two

So we need to root for the remaining series' to be closed out - specifically Dallas/Vegas and Van/Nash whos game 7s are scheduled for 5/5

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone Ranger

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
The way I see this series is the Rangers are as good or better at everything except 5v5 analytics.

I think the Rangers' top end talent is better than the Canes' top end talent, but I also think the Canes are a bit deeper in quality talent before they see a drop off.

Teams that are built like the Canes, where little money is invested in goaltending, generally require their mediocre goaltenders to punch above their weight a little bit. Andersen is going to have to punch above his weight because the Rangers are really good at scoring goals on fewer opportunities. The Rangers have operated this way for a few years now. Alternatively, the Rangers lean on Shesterkin to be elite. He'll get a lot of work in this series and he'll need to be elite.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
*whips out calendar*

It's Killem's turn!
1714657851003.png

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
No he’s correct. Also, see Machineheads post
he said "anyone who uses that term is not a rangers fan." i for one did not know it was such a no no thing here. so more apt would seem to be: "anyone who is a rangers fan should not use that term" ie reversed.

my bigger thing is i've never been able to come up with reasoning for why "rangers fan" and "ranger fan" feel different. but somehow they do..

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
The beauty of being a fan is that i don't play the games and there is no pressure on me. I can be as arrogant and confident as i want because it doesn't really disturb my life either way. I sat through plenty of disappointing losses and seasons with all my sports teams (Yankees, Giants, Rangers) i hope for the best and that's it. Some overconfident douche like me on the internet isn't changing any outcome of anything. Some fans get wrapped up in predictions as if it means anything anyway.
It’s not about predications with me. It’s about having hope and then it being taken away like it was the past couple years. I understand teams lose games, but the problem is how the Rangers lost. But at the end of the day, it’s only a game and I question myself why we all go crazy about watching millionaires skate around with a puck.

Reactions: JCProdigy

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
You know what I mean. Even without Pesce they have Slavin and Burns. Are Skjei and Orlov worse than what we have?
Burns is like 100 years old lul

I briefly visited the Canes forum.

"I’m feeling Canes in 6. If we can shut down their PP, it could be over sooner, but missing Fast is going to make that more difficult."

So basically Carolina winnning in 5 or less is certain. Also, injuring Rempe should be a priority and targeting his knees seems to be the way to do it. Additionally l, Chytil should go to the morgue. Also (and quite ironically, coming from those same people) Rangers have the most despicable fan base of all teams in the NHL.

They really are insufferable. Just sweep those morons. I know it is unlikely, but just do it.
Nah man, respect the opponent. Carolina is our daddy and better than us in every aspect, you know the narrative here

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Also, i've never seen any real Rangers fan use the term Rags when talking about the team. That's an insult and used by opposing fanbases to try to take a shot at the team. You'll be laughed out of NYC if you say the word Rags in front of a group of diehards at MSG. Rags doesn't even sound like Rangers so i never understood why people do it but clowns will be clowns. Rongos is stupid too when used by fans

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I agree, this is meant to be a hockey discussion board. There is Reddit for the 14 year olds.
Why they allowed it, I don’t understand.

Is the flush going clockwise or counterclockwise?

I usually don't wish ill on opposing players, but I hope Jaccob Slavin suffers the inconvenience of a clogged toilet and that his refrigerator stops working. He can't do #2 and all of his food goes bad. He eats it anyway and gets food poisoning but still can't do #2.

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Carolina fans are dumber than I already thought if they think that going for knees and playing dirty is a good strategy for them.

Go ahead, try to play dirty. Your roster will be your entire AHL squad by the end of game 2.
And that's why you get physical with them and bully them. They can't do anything about it and if they try to, you knock someone out of the game. Simple as that. We are the bigger team, use it as our advantage.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Carolina fans are dumber than I already thought if they think that going for knees and playing dirty is a good strategy for them.

Go ahead, try to play dirty. Your roster will be your entire AHL squad by the end of game 2.
Seriously...we would smash that puny roster. Why do the Carolina Urines wear red? They should be wearing yellow!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The use of “Rags” in the mains is not against the rules. Personally, I would just ignore it.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Also, i've never seen any real Rangers fan use the term Rags when talking about the team. That's an insult and used by opposing fanbases to try to take a shot at the team. You'll be laughed out of NYC if you say the word Rags in front of a group of diehards at MSG. Rags doesn't even sound like Rangers so i never understood why people do it but clowns will be clowns. Rongos is stupid too when used by fans
I wouldn’t say 100% of the time, especially when it’s a Ranger fan from outside of NY. I’ve been a Ranger fan since 2012 and I’m from Vancouver, I always saw people calling them the Rags online so I did to for the longest without knowing it was an insult lol. I didn’t know until maybe after a year of posting on HF, I thought it was just a short version of Rangers like calling the Penguins the Pens

Reactions: UnparalledPark

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024
Seriously...we would smash that puny roster. Why do the Carolina Urines wear red? They should be wearing yellow!
Not for nothing but these nicknames are all really embarassing for both fanbases. That's reddit and twitter bullshit. Really cringe

I wouldn’t say 100% of the time, especially when it’s a Ranger fan from outside of NY. I’ve been a Ranger fan since 2012 and I’m from Vancouver, I always saw people calling them the Rags online so I did to for the longest without knowing it was an insult lol. I didn’t know until maybe after a year of posting on HF, I thought it was just a short version of Rangers like calling the Penguins the Pens
No real Rangers fan uses the term Rags. It's not short for Rangers, it's a completely different word....

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
this seems soft to me but hey it's not my ice cream party

It's pejorative because a rag is what you toss around and wipe messes with. It's like us calling the Islanders "Piles" or whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad