Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign C Bo Groulx (1 Year, $775k) and D Casey Fitzgerald (2 Years, $775k AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I didn't want it to go unnoticed in the other thread, and then have people be like, "Who?" when camp starts.

Groulx is a guy with some nice skill who is also a pain in the ass. He could end up seeing time on the fourth line, but is probably a Hartford guy. Fitzgerald is a defensive defenseman who has seen some NHL games but seems like a pure AHL guy.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Fitzgerald is pretty scrappy too. They're both good AHL level players with some NHL experience.

Yep. And we need quality AHL players to help with the prospects. Keep trying to build a winning culture, there. Will only benefit the kids.

I could see Fitzgerald taking a leadership role on Hartford if he sticks around. He was a BC captain for two years.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Yep. And we need quality AHL players to help with the prospects. Keep trying to build a winning culture, there. Will only benefit the kids.

I could see Fitzgerald taking a leadership role on Hartford if he sticks around. He was a BC captain for two years.

It kind of was a big deal get with new coach Grant Potulny.....so best to have a good team there. We've made the playoffs two years in a row now with some playoff success for Hartford and it would be good to keep it going.

Next year's team could have:

Forwards--Brodzinski, Edstrom, Othmann, Berard, Sykora, Chmelar, Groulx, McConnell-Barker, Belzile, Blidh, Nash, Leschyshyn, Roobroek, Korczak, Vaisanen, Dufort.

Defense--Mancini, Harpur, Fitzgerald, Scanlin, Mackey, Robertson, Hillman, McCarthy, Siedem, Berger.

Goal--Garand, Domingue, Ollas, Boyko

A couple of the forwards could make the Rangers out of camp but it looks like a good mix of rookies, second year pros and vets all around and there are guys with extensive NHL experience for depth just in case and kids who could push for a look themselves. There's some toughness in the group. The one thing they're missing as of now is a D who can really run a power play.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Assuming the x in Groulx is silent...

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Next year's team could have:
Forwards--Brodzinski, Edstrom, Othmann, Berard, Sykora, Chmelar, Groulx, McConnell-Barker, Belzile, Blidh, Nash, Leschyshyn, Roobroek, Korczak, Vaisanen, Dufort.
Defense--Mancini,Harpur, Fitzgerald, Scanlin, Mackey, Robertson, Hillman, McCarthy, Siedem, Berger.
Goal--Garand, Domingue, Ollas, Boyko
those are the likely guys,
many of the AHL-signed rookie pros(DuFort, Siedam, Berger, McCarthy) likely start in ECHL if most guys are healthy

Vaisanen, IIRC, is very most likely back in Europe for another season, I believe he'd need release from his Euro team to play AHL

I'd be fine with Rempe having some months of all-situation minutes w Pack
Cuylle, too, if he's beaten out for a top 13 F spot.
where they play on Oct/Nov is secondary to how well they might play come spring

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
many of the AHL-signed rookie pros(DuFort, Siedam, Berger, McCarthy) likely start in ECHL if most guys are healthy

Vaisanen, IIRC, is very most likely back in Europe for another season, I believe he'd need release from his Euro team to play AHL

would not surprise me to see Cuylle in hartford for at least one stint next year.

• Wow
Reactions: RangersFan1994

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

It wouldn't shock me if Rempe played some games with the Pack next year but I think he'll mostly be with the Rangers if not with the Rangers all year. I don't think there's much chance Cuylle is in Hartford and it's because he keeps his game simple (his is a North/South game), is always consistent and physical and he's good away from the puck. He goes to the dirty areas and battles. I just mentioned the AHL signed guys to keep the list complete. I'm pretty sure though that Hillman is going to be with the Pack.

Reactions: bhamill

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Will be RFA at season ends, hope he becomes a diamond in the rough. Rangers can use those cheap young finds out of nowhere

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I remember Groulx being projected as having a 2nd line ceiling, if all broke well. Supposed to be a smart, two-way player. Haven't really followed him at all since, but he should be a good guy for Hartford.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Kinda trash in the NHL. Think these are Hartford guys. Should be a good fit for them.
I could see Groulx playing well in Hartford and getting a look if there are a couple injuries. Or serving as the 13th forward under the same circumstances.

My fear with Fitzgerald is that while he kind of sucks, his game is not dissimilar from Ben Harpur, obvious size discrepancy aside. And they liked Harpur for whatever reason.

Reactions: Machinehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad