Randy Carlyle's "ok" comment about Reimer vs something Mike Babcock said on 24/7

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What Carlyle said wasn't bad, nor was it wrong.

If Reimer can't handle it, that's said

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
In a lockout season?
ˇ

Yeah I know. But still ...

Especially when "pure hot garbage" would be a far more accurate assessment of Reimer anyway.

Reimer has taken way too much criticism and has played nowhere near as bad as some people say.

Problem is Carlyle plays faves and is riddled with double standards.

Where I the criticism for the bags of **** playing in front if him?

Where is the, Clarkson is playing like crap, Franson is not playing well defensively for us.

No those players get rewarded for their ******** play and guys like Reimer Grabo Lupul Kadri get hung on the cross because they are not Randy preferred. Fire this tool regardless and Nonis while you are at it if they want to actually make a better team here.

I mentioned Grabo on purpose because its the same ****ing song here with this idiot.

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

It's ridiculous. Carlyle has always treated his team as a whole and never really singled out individuals in the past. Media making a mountain out of a molehill.

I agree he has been pretty good like that. But this time he wasn't.

Pretty much. These losers have done nothing but are treated like celebrities.

Lupul: "That game will haunt me till the day I die"

It sure doesn't seem like he's haunted...he's floating around on the ice just as much and could care less besides collecting his paycheque.

We have too many entitled brats and not enough young players who will work twice as hard to establish themselves in the league.

Well said!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It's ridiculous. Carlyle has always treated his team as a whole and never really singled out individuals in the past. Media making a mountain out of a molehill.

well I don't even know what the issue is. Again - it's not like Randy said "Reimer was horrible." [goaltenders have been called that] and people were like Ooohh Randy shouldn't have said that.

Reimer didn't stand on his head all Roy 93 like.
Reimer didn't excell like Hasek 98 Olympics like
Reimer wasn't Eddie Lack third period Islanders game Horrendous
Reimer wasn't Tosaka 200 foot goal laughable.

so. he was just okay - so I'm trying to figure out - why this is such a deal and why it's calling out. "how was the goaltender, he was just okay." the end. if you don't want to be just okay - play better than just okay it's not that hard.

He's called out Ranger, and Franson and Jake, Nazzy and Kessel out [oh maybe because he didn't laugh afterwards?] this season.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Don't be an idiot. There are 12 forwards and six defenseman, you can hide the play of a bad forward or defenseman...you can't hide the play of a mediocre goalie killing you with untimely goals.

Reimer has been garbage. I don't want that loser to play in a Leafs jersey again but I'll settle for him losing against NJ and never playing again for the Leafs after Bernie is ready.

You honestly think I want Reims in net now? He is done here Carlyle cooked him over time. It started in dec. an that's why his comments were wrong because he has a bad relationship with Reims to begin with.

Babcock and Howard have an honest good relationship. Carlyle and Reimer have hostility and if the look Reimer gave or the reply made doesn't prove it for you obviously you can't read people well.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You honestly think I want Reims in net now? He is done here Carlyle cooked him over time. It started in dec. an that's why his comments were wrong because he has a bad relationship with Reims to begin with.
I wonder how much of it was Game 7 vs Boston. Even though Reimer wasn't the only one who messed up, in the end he still couldn't stop the puck from going into the net.

I also heard that the day after Nonis was named General Manager he had talks with Dean Lombardi about trading for Bernier. So either Carlyle told him to upgrade their Goaltending because he didn't like what he saw in Reimer.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009

Babcock and Howard have an honest good relationship. Carlyle and Reimer have hostility and if the look Reimer gave or the reply made doesn't prove it for you obviously you can't read people well.

Just wanting your opinion - how did Carlyle cook him overtime starting in December?

December Results
Reimer got the SJ game - [loss]
Bernier got the Stars game [win]
Reimer got the Sens game [SO Win]
Bernier got the Bruins game [loss]
Bernier got the Kings game [loss]
Reimer got the Blues game [pulled]
Bernier got the Blackhawks game [win]
Bernier got the Penguins game [loss]

Reimer gets the panther game - calls the team out. [also - loss]
Reimer gets the Coyotes game [shaky performance , win]
Reimer gets the Red Wings game [pulled after the first]

and then Bernier took over from there.

but i'd like your opinion though

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I wonder how much of it was Game 7 vs Boston. Even though Reimer wasn't the only one who messed up, in the end he still couldn't stop the puck from going into the net.

I also heard that the day after Nonis was named General Manager he had talks with Dean Lombardi about trading for Bernier. So either Carlyle told him to upgrade their Goaltending because he didn't like what he saw in Reimer.

Well before that. Luongo rumours were still hard core going on from when Burke was here.

It's not sad at all it's human. How many players does Randy have to chew up and destroy here before you knuckles get it, Randy Carlyle is a goofball.

i'm not a knuckle. I never said that he shouldn't be gone either. Cor did a typo so I was poking a little fun at that.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

I have always seen more potential in Scrivens than Reimer, that being said Reimer was a part of and not the cause of last seasons abrupt end. Randy overplayed Dion to the point he was not moving his feet etc. it was Randy's fault primarily in my books. Reimer is just ok but sometimes he is great and after struggling and being left in net in a blowout just like Roy Reimer shot Carlyle a looks could kill stare. The relationship was lost there it was apparent plus his subtle media comments.

I am glad we have Bernier we need him especially with how bush league out teams D play is.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto

What Carlyle said was wrong. Reimer's response to how he played was correct. He played good, he didn't play great, and I wanted to play great like he said.

Carlyle knows the Toronto media all too well already. When you say your goaltender played "okay, just okay" with no elaboration, are you going to take that in a positive or negative connotation? Obviously the latter, because thats the way he meant it! If Carlyle had any confidence whatsoever in Reimer, he should have and could have elaborated on his performance and noted all of the goals he let in were far from his own fault and he gave his team a chance to win after the team played 30-40 minutes of terrible hockey.

Reimer is going to leave this off season which will be best for his career and this board. Posters like yourself will go back to pinning losses on another player instead of focusing on the full team effort and game plan laid out by the coach.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Just wanting your opinion - how did Carlyle cook him overtime starting in December?

December Results
Reimer got the SJ game - [loss]
Bernier got the Stars game [win]
Reimer got the Sens game [SO Win]
Bernier got the Bruins game [loss]
Bernier got the Kings game [loss]
Reimer got the Blues game [pulled]
Bernier got the Blackhawks game [win]
Bernier got the Penguins game [loss]

Reimer gets the panther game - calls the team out. [also - loss]
Reimer gets the Coyotes game [shaky performance , win]
Reimer gets the Red Wings game [pulled after the first]

and then Bernier took over from there.

but i'd like your opinion though

Half of those games losses are because the team did not come to play. Randy has not had a defensively responsible team in front of either of these tenders, that's how. This team chews tenders out from the front back an that's because Randy is a failure when it comes to defensive play.

I don't look down on Reimer for some of those losses, I look down on this team Randy has playing like a bunch of bush leaguers 50% of the time.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Well before that. Luongo rumours were still hard core going on from when Burke was here.
There was also rumours of Bernier being traded to the Leafs when Burke was here in the summer of 2012. I remember Burke once said he didn't feel comftorable trading for a Goalie who didn't have the experience at being a #1 and everyone assumed he was talking about Bernier.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco

Maybe that one comment wasn't bad, but we know that Carlyle's M.O. as a coach is to completely tear down any players who he doesn't like and run them out of town. Two years of being told "you suck" by his coach couldn't have done Reimer any favors.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Was it not a few months ago or maybe it was last season when there was reports that Carlyle wasn't getting a lot with Jake Gardiner and there was that whole #FreeJakeGardiner thing on Twitter done by his agent. Right now Gardiner is playing some great Hockey and we don't hear anything about their relationship not being good. Basically what I'm saying is if Gardiner can get over all of that, why can't Reimer do the same thing?

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Was it not a few months ago or maybe it was last season when there was reports that Carlyle wasn't getting a lot with Jake Gardiner and there was that whole #FreeJakeGardiner thing on Twitter done by his agent. Right now Gardiner is playing some great Hockey and we don't hear anything about their relationship not being good. Basically what I'm saying is if Gardiner can get over all of that, why can't Reimer do the samething?

Because Reimer is not as good as Bernier and different people react to situations differently, especially with tenders who are all pretty much strange cats to begin with.

Unless you have a Babcock Howard long term relationship that's very trustful and open a coach can not say crap like that to a tender. How many did Wilson abuse and get no results from? This team is a mess defensively and Requires a top 5 tender to do anything at all.

Bernier is that good, Reimer is not and lost his job so don't go ripping his ass wider when he is all you got for 5 games when at a critical point in the season.

Randy is an idiot for this and I would not be surprised if this season is scuttled.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Was it not a few months ago or maybe it was last season when there was reports that Carlyle wasn't getting a lot with Jake Gardiner and there was that whole #FreeJakeGardiner thing on Twitter done by his agent. Right now Gardiner is playing some great Hockey and we don't hear anything about their relationship not being good. Basically what I'm saying is if Gardiner can get over all of that, why can't Reimer do the samething?

You mean - to the point where Randy came out and said if Jake got traded he'd be really disappointed? Yeah. Or how everyone is all like Carlyle/Nazzy don't get along, but Nazzy is like he appreciates how hard Randy is because he still needs the kick in the pants sometimes? Right.

Again - I'm going to let the record show - I don't like Carlyle. I don't not like him either, I think he reacts and moves way too slowly - but I don't necessarily doubt that him being old-school is a bad thing. Do I think there's a better coach? Probably. DO I know who that is? Nope

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
What Carlyle said was wrong. Reimer's response to how he played was correct. He played good, he didn't play great, and I wanted to play great like he said.

Carlyle knows the Toronto media all too well already. When you say your goaltender played "okay, just okay" with no elaboration, are you going to take that in a positive or negative connotation? Obviously the latter, because thats the way he meant it! If Carlyle had any confidence whatsoever in Reimer, he should have and could have elaborated on his performance and noted all of the goals he let in were far from his own fault and he gave his team a chance to win after the team played 30-40 minutes of terrible hockey.

Reimer is going to leave this off season which will be best for his career and this board. Posters like yourself will go back to pinning losses on another player instead of focusing on the full team effort and game plan laid out by the coach.

Perfectly said.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I have always seen more potential in Scrivens than Reimer, that being said Reimer was a part of and not the cause of last seasons abrupt end. Randy overplayed Dion to the point he was not moving his feet etc. it was Randy's fault primarily in my books. Reimer is just ok but sometimes he is great and after struggling and being left in net in a blowout just like Roy Reimer shot Carlyle a looks could kill stare. The relationship was lost there it was apparent plus his subtle media comments.

I am glad we have Bernier we need him especially with how bush league out teams D play is.

I agree, he could have called a timeout when it was clear the train was going off the tracks. It worked a couple games this year (maybe he learned) when a few decent leads looked like they were about to go up in smoke. Time out is called, players were much calmer after and grinded out the win.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
The big fuss was caused because Reimer tried to undermine his coach by saying he played well and not "just ok", when in fact saying he was just ok was generous because he has been complete garbage since Bernier got injured. If he starts again today it'll be the first time all season I don't watch a Leafs game.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Was it not a few months ago or maybe it was last season when there was reports that Carlyle wasn't getting a lot with Jake Gardiner and there was that whole #FreeJakeGardiner thing on Twitter done by his agent. Right now Gardiner is playing some great Hockey and we don't hear anything about their relationship not being good. Basically what I'm saying is if Gardiner can get over all of that, why can't Reimer do the same thing?

Wasn't that last season when he was in the minors?

Anyway Jake Gardiner was put in that situation because of horrible defensive play, and since the playoffs he has vastly improved defensively (still some bad turnovers but he's a young offensive D, it happens) and Carlyle has played him often. Players have to earn their ice time and Gardiner did just that. On the other hand, Reimer has done the complete opposite. He is currently getting starts that he has not earned. The fact that people are acting like Carlyle is doing him wrong is ridiculous. Horrible game after horrible game and Carlyle is still throwing him out there to give him a chance to turn it around. And he hasn't. If he starts today it will be the 2nd time that Reimer has started back to backs. Carlyle has actually broken his system of splitting back to backs that he has done all season so that he can give Reimer a chance to succeed and people are saying Carlyle is mistreating him? That is unreal. And the whole splitting goalies on back to backs was done for the purpose of getting Reimer some games in the first place. Carlyle has literally catered to Reimer despite his awful play this season.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Problem is Carlyle plays faves and is riddled with double standards.

Where I the criticism for the bags of **** playing in front if him?

Where is the, Clarkson is playing like crap, Franson is not playing well defensively for us.

No those players get rewarded for their ******** play and guys like Reimer Grabo Lupul Kadri get hung on the cross because they are not Randy preferred. Fire this tool regardless and Nonis while you are at it if they want to actually make a better team here.

I mentioned Grabo on purpose because its the same ****ing song here with this idiot.

There are different sets of rules for different players on most team. The minority who don't are the teams that are consistently contenders.

That's my primary concern with having Kessel as he go-to guy. As long as he is here, there will be 2 sets of rules. Kessel can float, not back check, give picks away, and not produce, but he still gets on the ice for 20 minutes every night. If somebody else did the same thing, they'd get punished. As long as there is that disconnect, this team will underachieve.

The teams I mentioned above are the ones who have stars who lead by example. Jonathan Toews plays the way you want any of your players to play. Datsyuk and Zetterberg did the same thing for Detroit. Marleau and Thornton do he same for the Sharks. Bergeron and Kreijci do that for Boston. Kopitar and Brown do that in LA.

Not many successful team have a star that play however they want and the rest have to buy into a system. Everybody looks to Kessel, and when they are him get away with murder, it's bad for team chemistry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad