Quinn Hughes vs Erik Brannstrom

Hughes vs Brannstrom

• Total voters

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Hughes hands down. Now there is another Swede (Adam Boqvist) who that a fair argument can be made he is a better prospect then Hughes, potential wise at least.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Who's the better player?

Brannstrom. Brannstrom is NHL ready and Hughes is almost but not quite there. Brannstrom has a more complete game right now and would benefit Ottawa more right now then Hughes would benefit Vancouver.

Who's the better prospect?

Hughes. Brannstrom's best qualities are his doped and his shot. Hughes is faster (and processes the game faster) and has vastly better playmaking. Hughes will never have Brannstrom's shot but will no doubt seriously outproduce Brannstrom ok offensive production.

Brannstrom shouldn't be a guy to run your PP but Ottawa has Chabot for that. Brannstrom will likely be their PP2 point guy though not necessarily their PP2 quarterback.

I'm not sold on Brannstrom being a 1d. I think he has all the skills and ability to play on a top pairing in the future but I don't see him having the ability to carry a top line against top NHL talent. A lot of people have him lower than that but he's fast and he's got a good shot, his deficiencies beyond that are somewhat irrelevant if he can skate and shoot his way out of trouble most times.

Hughes though is the real deal. I think Vancouver fans should be excited for what they have. Hughes still seeks to skate himself into trouble and I question some of the decisions he makes when he has the puck but he just has so much raw talent that I can't see him being anything other than a 1d. He has game breaking speed and skill whereas Brannstrom just game game changing speed if that makes sense.

I'd take either d on my team in a heartbeat but clear advantage goes to Q Hughes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad