GDT: Quarter Final | Finland Vs Sweden | 1/2 @ 1:30PM | TSN/NHLN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I'm more worried about our forwards. They scored 0 goals last game. You can't ask for Hugo to save every single shot. To win, you just need to score more goals than the opponent. It's just as bad to miss a really good scoring chance (like an open net) as it is to let in a soft goal.
Eh, a soft goal in a tight game is much worse than missing a HD chance. The offense can always generate a new HD chance and try to score anew as long as the game permits it, but a goalie can never scrub off that GA no matter how many shots are saved afterwards.

With that said, the forwards need to play to their ability. A big part of awakening it though is most likely lineup changes, which, good luck with that. Otherwise you're looking mostly at the defensemen to make up for it, like Sandin in the knockout rounds last year. Time for Söderström to start taking over games. :naughty:

Porvari

Rekisteröitynyt käyttäjä
Feb 19, 2010
Sweden has no coach, so thats mean Finland wins ?

I'm not sure Finland has a coach either. The way Pennanen keeps glancing nervously about and trying to disappear inside his collar, he looks like a disguised space alien who is worried that his cover is about to be blown.

Reactions: mattihp

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Will be a 50-50 game, Sweden the better team but very impressed by Lundell, a coming 2-3 C in the Nhl.

I hadnt started Alnefeldt but the guy was best goalie last year, and been good in Shl this season. He has also a lot of confident.

He had 8 shots against him vs Austria, think he was rusty and got a bad start against Usa!

3-2 Sweden in OT!

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Niederbach in the first line atleast, but by the sound of it Niederbach and Sundsvik switching lines sounds like the only change

Reactions: theslatcher

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

Idk if this is a good thing as an Oiler fan, his injury seems to be getting worse every game

Still amazes me they put Bjorselius ahead of Olausson , Sweden's lines don't appear to be fully firing yet even the top line, we'll see if they can get it going

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
So according to many of you both these teams aren’t coached so that cancels itself out :neener:

My feeling is Sweden has been trending downwards to 2 games in a row. Finns in a close!

should be loads of passion in this one!

Reactions: Dala

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
ISO 8601 - Wikipedia

Most of the world have figured it out, but not easy for folks still using yards, Fahrenheit, and football fields referring to a sport where you mostly use your hands. :sarcasm:

On topic: Alnefelt needs to step up big if there's to be a chance.

(to be fair: Canada is almost sane, mostly using standards such as C and km/h)

Last edited:
Reactions: mattihp

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Just came out of the sauna..it was to cold..perkele. But the sisu-meter stands at max and we are ready to play.

See you on the battlefield Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad