Euro: Quarterfinals: Germany - Spain (July 5th)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Advances

• Germany

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Spain

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It probably won’t be tight, we’re likely to win by 2-3 goals, but it should be fun to watch.
Do you have a Spanish passport?

Their keeper is better, their defence is better, their midfield is better and their attack is better. Good luck

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Do you have a Spanish passport?

Their keeper is better, their defence is better, their midfield is better and their attack is better. Good luck

You’re not that wrong…they do have the better LB and 6…

If we’re being serious these teams are way too similar. Neither defense is going to challenge the French, both can be wasteful in front of goal…but both have worldclass midfielders & creatives, lead by arguable 4 of the 5 best young talents at this tourney.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yamal, Williams, Musiala, and Wirtz could go either way depending on the day…and both teams have game breaking talents behind those young superstars. Ilkay - Kroos - Andrich vs Pedri - Ruiz - Rodri is a toss up depending on the day as well. Cucurella/Grimaldi > Mittelstadt/Raum, but Kimmich > Carvajal.

Rudi is arguably the most proven CB on either squad and at his peak, Schlotterbeck can be the best…but we have yet to see peak Nico for the NT, despite the positive step in that direction against the Danes…and I see Tah struggling with those young Spanish wingers if he starts.

I’d take Havertz/Füllkrug over Morata, but it’s not like we have Gerd up front so that’s not a huge advantage even if it is one. And I won’t argue for Neuer being an advantage any more…he’s making the first save so far, but he has yet to really need to scramble to make the second save and he doesn’t have the aura he once did…but again it’s not like Simons has been infallible for Spain.

I won’t be surprised by any outcome. I’m expecting something like what we saw in Qatar only with both teams being much better…but I won’t be shocked if either one falls behind early and just gets pummeled.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad