OT: Puns n' COSes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I wanted to get one with Stan Lee, but the two times I tried, it was sold out. Biggest splurge I've done photo op wise was this one with the entire cast of Aliens

18198630_10154992013145709_2679495834791201591_n.jpg

RIP Bill Paxton :(

pretty freaking cool. I take it the younger blonde is the actress who was Newt?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Was it asw big as the check from Big Bird? ;)

Over all, no, BB has always been a bigger client and we had one project from them that was nearly a million dollars, but the Marvel check was still a BIG check.

Big Bird uses ACH so no sigs. He sent me a signed picture, though (real ink and personalized)

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Found some mementos from my first visit to the Music City - back in 1994.

Did all the touristy things, including the Grey Line city bus tour. I remember that because when we were driving around, there was this big hole in the ground, about a block away from the Ryman Auditorium. The driver said something about the "new Nashville Arena."

Little did I know...

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
TIL that in Ernest Scared Stupid, the pizzas the tree house gun throws were reused props from TMNT 2, and the troll costumes were repainted clown costumes from Killer Klowns from Outer Space

klowns-1.jpg

klowns-3.jpg

klowns-2.jpg

klowns-4.jpg

scared-stupid.jpg

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Without getting into the pedantic and sciency specifics I am sure no one will care about, recent X9.3 category solar flares will make the Northern Lights visible in parts of TN and NC tonite and tomorrow.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I just had a dream that the NCAA football championship was between Tennessee and Connecticut, but UT was a huge underdog cause their team was all dumb ass, back water hillbillies who were poor as hell, who had terrible facilities and a dead beat alcoholic coach, etc while UConn were all rich snooty kids all had yachts and top of the line everything who were undefeated for like three years.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I just had a dream that the NCAA football championship was between Tennessee and Connecticut, but UT was a huge underdog cause their team was all dumb ass, back water hillbillies who were poor as hell, who had terrible facilities and a dead beat alcoholic coach, etc while UConn were all rich snooty kids all had yachts and top of the line everything who were undefeated for like three years.

OK, time to stop taking the drugs they gave you after your injury :laugh:

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site

Seriously? I grew up in New England and can assure the rich snooty kids are not at UConn. Not when there are so many elite schools in the area. Yale, Harvard, Smith, Dartmouth, Boston College, etc., etc..

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Seriously? I grew up in New England and can assure the rich snooty kids are not at UConn. Not when there are so many elite schools in the area. Yale, Harvard, Smith, Dartmouth, Boston College, etc., etc..

As a NH kid I can affirm the above also there is a level of arrogance is the first 5 weeks.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Not to sound like too much of a homer, but as someone whose heritage is Icelandic, Iceland is definitely worth going to at least once, and I could point you in the direction of some fun tourist stuff to do there.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Not to sound like too much of a homer, but as someone whose heritage is Icelandic, Iceland is definitely worth going to at least once, and I could point you in the direction of some fun tourist stuff to do there.
Whenever I point out that I'd like to go to the country with most of my heritage, I'm generally met with a lot of backhanded "Suuuuure you do" comments. My heritage is mostly Dutch and I have extended family in Amsterdam....

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Whenever I point out that I'd like to go to the country with most of my heritage, I'm generally met with a lot of backhanded "Suuuuure you do" comments. My heritage is mostly Dutch and I have extended family in Amsterdam....

kinda like when my son suddenly decided that Colorado was a cool spring break destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad