Post-Game Talk: PS4 - Sons of Gritty 3 BRUINS 2 OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pizzafrylover420

Feb 5, 2020
Tough game with the penalties and terrible missed calls. The PK did alright, at times Joonas big time bailing them out. He played amazing, seems to have a good compete level. Very happy with his overall game.

Peeke on D I’m really liking, plays physical, usually makes the simple smart play with the puck, he had a few decent looks at the point too. I thought he skated well. Good 5/6 D, PKer

Edward looked better than I expected. Solid game all around.

Geekie looked bad. Maybe trying to do too much, seemed all over the place in a bad way. Gotta keep it simple.

Koepke had decent shifts/energy. Had lots of PK time and did ok.

I think I’d rather take Tyler Johnson at his size over Tufte. Not a great showing for him tonight, especially with the puck. I wish he was more physical for his size or brought more energy. The good cycles his line established would usually end on Tuftes stick.

Johnson I think brings better hands and could be a good weapon having him down the line up playing against 3-4th lines. Tufte seems like a very good AHL guy though. Not a bad depth to have in providence.

Merk and Lysell looked decent at times hope they both get long looks.

Lettieri off to Providence. Fine depth for AHL, hope he doesn’t get many games in Boston this year though.

I focused in on Nelson and didn’t see all that much. Still rooting for him though, I want to see what he does in Providence this year. Positionally he seems solid at times in the D zone. Needs to get stronger and use his frame more to his advantage. Made a few solid passes and a few bad/panicked plays with the puck. The penalties really disrupted the flow of the game. Nelson did alright on the PK.

Beecher kind of underwhelmed with his camp so far, I hope he shows some more engagement, seems like another guy with size that needs to gain some confidence using the size. Imagine the Tufte-Beecher-Nelson-Brazeau types consistently use their size to pressure/impose on forechecks and D/in front of the net. They all show glimpses of that and goals where they do use there size, moments where you see there could be something there. Just looking for consistency and realizing how if you stay engaged, your size can do a lot of the heavy lifting on forechecks/cycles.

Get the Tufte-Beecher-Nelson-Brazeau mold with the Kuntar/Blidh motor/engagement/tenacity.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think we can officially put the "Waive Korpisalo and keep Bussi as backup when Swaymans signed" idea to rest.
I'd say it's looking that way for sure, but I also think we are dealing with small sample sizes here. I'd wait until next week before making any big conclusions. But I never really thought they'd waive Korpisalo.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Give a crap about 100+ points. Just care about 16 wins when it matters.
Gotta walk before you can dance

100 points your probably a lock & the silver lining is we have 7 months of watching games

I know some people just tune in during playoffs, watch golf majors, NCAA tournaments, World Cup, Olympics, I do enjoy the regular seasons of the 4 major leagues but probably my generation

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Gotta walk before you can dance

100 points your probably a lock & the silver lining is we have 7 months of watching games

I know some people just tune in during playoffs, watch golf majors, NCAA tournaments, World Cup, Olympics, I do enjoy the regular seasons of the 4 major leagues but probably my generation
I grew-up obsessed with all four major North American sports. For years, decades even. But as I get older it’s gradually diminishing. First was football (Bills losing 4 consecutive times didn’t help lol), then basketball, and now even baseball is diminishing in value for me (glad I got to see the Blue Jays and Red Sox win, but the Blue Jay malaise of the last decades is wearing). Will be a hockey fan till my dying day, though. I am Canadian, after all 😁

Last edited:

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
On another, related, note, was out playing soccer and baseball and tennis with my grandson and his dad and a couple of kids from across the street from their house. One of the kids was saying he has an autographed stick from Wayne Gretzky.

I said that’s cool, I hope you’re not playing with it lol. I asked him where he got it and he said from his dad. So I asked his dad. That’s cool, I said, how’d you get that? Turns out his brother in law is Brad May (May Day, May Day!)

Anyway, the dad and I were chatting and eventually I said that’s really cool, having a stick signed by the second greatest hockey player of all time. He laughed and asked who’s the best. Bobby Orr I said, matter of factly (as if he asked what’s 2+2. 4, of course). Always gotta get that dig in at Gretzky whenever the opportunity presents itself!

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
I still watch football, more college than pro, now that Brady's gone. Celtic's only for B'ball. Baseball has been unwatchable for me for years. The NHL I could watch any good matchup and have 2nd and 3rd teams to root for in the PO's. It's my main crush. I also love Wimbledon for some reason. Never miss the Finals Weekend if I can help it.

I want to see the full team play the final warmup, really start getting excited. Korpi will hold the fort till the B's figure out what to do about Sway. Fingers crossed that they figure out mutual happiness. The we are back to having a solid G pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad