Post-Game Talk: PS4 - Sons of Gritty 3 BRUINS 2 OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pizzafrylover420

Feb 5, 2020
Tough game with the penalties and terrible missed calls. The PK did alright, at times Joonas big time bailing them out. He played amazing, seems to have a good compete level. Very happy with his overall game.

Peeke on D I’m really liking, plays physical, usually makes the simple smart play with the puck, he had a few decent looks at the point too. I thought he skated well. Good 5/6 D, PKer

Edward looked better than I expected. Solid game all around.

Geekie looked bad. Maybe trying to do too much, seemed all over the place in a bad way. Gotta keep it simple.

Koepke had decent shifts/energy. Had lots of PK time and did ok.

I think I’d rather take Tyler Johnson at his size over Tufte. Not a great showing for him tonight, especially with the puck. I wish he was more physical for his size or brought more energy. The good cycles his line established would usually end on Tuftes stick.

Johnson I think brings better hands and could be a good weapon having him down the line up playing against 3-4th lines. Tufte seems like a very good AHL guy though. Not a bad depth to have in providence.

Merk and Lysell looked decent at times hope they both get long looks.

Lettieri off to Providence. Fine depth for AHL, hope he doesn’t get many games in Boston this year though.

I focused in on Nelson and didn’t see all that much. Still rooting for him though, I want to see what he does in Providence this year. Positionally he seems solid at times in the D zone. Needs to get stronger and use his frame more to his advantage. Made a few solid passes and a few bad/panicked plays with the puck. The penalties really disrupted the flow of the game. Nelson did alright on the PK.

Beecher kind of underwhelmed with his camp so far, I hope he shows some more engagement, seems like another guy with size that needs to gain some confidence using the size. Imagine the Tufte-Beecher-Nelson-Brazeau types consistently use their size to pressure/impose on forechecks and D/in front of the net. They all show glimpses of that and goals where they do use there size, moments where you see there could be something there. Just looking for consistency and realizing how if you stay engaged, your size can do a lot of the heavy lifting on forechecks/cycles.

Get the Tufte-Beecher-Nelson-Brazeau mold with the Kuntar/Blidh motor/engagement/tenacity.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think we can officially put the "Waive Korpisalo and keep Bussi as backup when Swaymans signed" idea to rest.
I'd say it's looking that way for sure, but I also think we are dealing with small sample sizes here. I'd wait until next week before making any big conclusions. But I never really thought they'd waive Korpisalo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad