Post-Game Talk: PS3 - NYR 5 BRUINS 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
I think they need to be patient with Matty Einstein.
He's gunna get hurt again.
Let him get his feet wet in the "A"
I disagree. I thought he was the best forward for the B's. Won puck battles, many good passes, looked right at home. He did take a big hit but didn't miss a shift.

Last nights game I did not see much jump and they went downhill during the 5 on 3. As for Zadorov I hope he plays a lot better and when he missed stopping the puck and the breakaway he never hustled to try and break up the play. I just hope he does more defensively rather than just being an oversized player that makes mistakes. Time will tell and let us hope it is a positive time.
If he was just a no-name player on a tryout I would have expected him to be on the first list of cuts, possibly send to Providence strictly based on his size, or possibly just plain released. That's how bad he looked throughout the game.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Didn't watch a minute.

Heard some good chatter on NHLN Radio that teams are basically dressing (some of) their guys at the home pre-season games and sending lambs out to slaughter on the road.

Much like the NFL, the owners don't want to sacrifice gate revenue, but the pre-season should probably shrink down to 4 or so games.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Missed entire game. Anyone stand out?
Kastelic did some good things. Threw a heavy hit in the corner and then beat somebody up. Led the team with 5 shot attempts (3 on net). Scored a goal on a tip in front. Won 67% of his draws and was +1.

Harrison scored a nice goal.

Poitras made some nice plays and had some offensive chemistry with Pasta but nobody on the line really got inside so they were on the perimeter all night. He won 56% of his draws. He looks strong, quick and confident to me.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Missed entire game. Anyone stand out?
my first real look at Kastelic, liked what I saw, tried my best to isolate on him as much as I could with the feed I had, didn`t look lost defensively but offensively was where I was most impressed, he intuitively goes to and plants his ass right in front of the goalie which I loved, good tilt too, brought some nice physicality

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
All three of them played on the perimeter and got caught turning pucks over.

Lindholm needs to be that lines center, Im sure that's the plan.
It would be nice if Poitras could work out as Pasta's winger, it would increase the scoring balance throughout the lineup.
Zacha-Poitras-Pasta
Marchand-Lindholm-Frederic
Jones-Coyle-Geekie
Beecher-Kastelic-Brazeau

Now you have three lines with the potential to score, a fourth line that can forecheck and hit and a bit of balance.

Reactions: KWbruin

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Didn't watch a minute.

Heard some good chatter on NHLN Radio that teams are basically dressing (some of) their guys at the home pre-season games and sending lambs out to slaughter on the road.

Much like the NFL, the owners don't want to sacrifice gate revenue, but the pre-season should probably shrink down to 4 or so games.
I personally enjoy the preseason. Try to watch as many games as I can.

Don't attend games, but enjoy watching the prospects/kids/picks play.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Was a typical expected effort from the veterans just shaking the cobwebs off but the kids gunning for spots were mostly invisible (Farinacci, Duran) or very visible for all the wrong reasons (Mitchell, Callahan)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad