Post-Game Talk: PS3 - NYR 5 BRUINS 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Zadarov can only go up ~ thankfully it’s a preseason and I’ve seen him play well because he was not good

best way to improve is a game like tonight though for him

Bussi was very good ~ he didn’t let in a bad goal but he did leave rebounds

Kastelic & Beecher going to be a good duo ~ Kastelic would have fit in well on those mid to late 80’s teams

pizzafrylover420

Feb 5, 2020
Not a pretty game.

Bussi makes alot of saves, gives up ALOT of chances, rebound control is bad. I do love his compete level and that little Tim Thomas energy but his fundamentals look rough. I do see the effort, he puts a lot into stopping the puck. Scary to rely on as an NHL back up though. The D looked awful also so it wasn’t just him, he did make some really nice saves then big rebounds then have to make big saves again. Sometimes it works but after a while it’s gonna burn you. Entertaining to watch though, I’ll give him that, but don’t want him seeing many NHL games.

1st period started solid before the penalties, they couldn’t get into a groove. Some lines would have real dominant cycling moments but not create too many dangerous chances.

I liked Kastelic again, solid effort all around by that line with Koepke and Johnson, they were real solid cycling all night.

Kuntar mucking it up and causing issues after every whistle, nice sandpaper to have.

Geekie looked alright at times, was running around a bit at times, good energy but maybe not directed well.

Didn’t like the effort from Farinacci. I was trying to focus in on him, seems to not have a very flashy game, a few alright moments cycling/moving puck but in the D zone I thought he struggled a bit following play and winning battles.

Duran had a nice motor, looks like he would benefit from more time in providence.

Harrison-loved the goal, I hope he gets some confidence in Providence this year. I forget he is only 21, needs seasoning but good frame and hope he finds that consistency with offense in the AHL.

McLaughlin I don’t see it with this guy. Occasionally he will make a solid smart pass or play but I don’t see him excelling in any areas. Bland player, not sure what to expect from him in providence this year.

I remember liking Callahans simple sound D last preseason but this game he really struggled. Specifically handling the puck, retrievals, winning battles, clearing crease/not letting 2nd/3rd chance opportunities-all issues for Callahan and Mitchell tonight.

Mitchell can look ok moving the puck up ice but I don’t think he has a good head for the game. Some of his pinches aren’t good and his offensive instincts don’t make up for his lack of defending abilities. Not good defending in his own zone, not good at winning board battles or clearing the crease. I see a solid offensive d in the AHL.

Wotherspoon looked very solid and by the third period he was actually looking most composed out of any D tonight.

Bavaro nice shot leading to goal, looked steady at times and lost at times, to be expected given his lack of pro experience. See how he does with a full year in providence.

Sweezey and Wotherspoon seem like the best options for depth/emergency tweener D.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Liked
Kastelic

Didn't like
Zaddy
Bussi
Michell

Everyone else looked like they were out for a skate.

They broke the don't GAF needle
As others have mentioned, Other Z made his missed pinch worse by not even pursuing the guy on the breakaway. Half hearted puck battle and hooking attempt while his feet were not moving - then just watched the guy go score. Hope it is not a preview of coming attractions.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Top line played well, so did Kastelic and Kuntar. Callahan and Mitchell wouldn't be the first pair D in Maine, absolutely terrible.

Yeah, that was my take as well. Felt like those were the only two who were really competing for those open bottom-6 spots. Kastelic is in the opening night lineup without question after his first two games. Love the fact that follows through with the big hits. Green light, he opens up.

I really thought Marc McLaughlin's floor was a Greg Campbell type after his debut signing out of college. How far he's fallen. Vanilla as they come. Cut. Cut. Cut.

McAvoy and Wotherspoon were solid on the backend. Everyone else.... horrible. Hard to watch. Zadorov gets a pass. Struggled very much, but also gave no f****. I'll hold off judgement for now.

Poitras thinks the game at such a high level. Should have had a few points tonight.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think they need to be patient with Matty Einstein.
He's gunna get hurt again.
Let him get his feet wet in the "A"

How long do you want him in the AHL? What are you hoping to see. If he's gonna get hurt that can happen as easily in the AHL as the NHL, possibly even easier as there are more guys down there trying to be the tough guy take a cheap shot at you.

If Matt P was just recovering at camp and there was an argument that he needed 10 games to get his skating legs under him, and get his timing down maybe, but there has been no indication in camp he is behind in fitness.

I just can't see him going down, unless his play drops substantially in the remaining games

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Not gonna sweat it, the Rags had 15 NHL players in the lineup including an NHL goalie. Their PP was who they would use in the regular season.
On to the next preseason game!

Reactions: Carl Hungus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad